Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins at Mariners 4/17-4/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fregObNcHC8

Will we get an appearance from the man who sold the Marlins?

rufsaokf2a0z53zdu16x.jpg

Will J.T. make an appearance?

How loud of an ovation will Ichiro get in his return to Seattle?

How will the Marlins utilize the DH?

The Captain is back!

We finally play a team not in our division!

All this and more, tune in tonight, the game starts just after everyone's bedtime. Marlins Baseball: "Can you feel it comin' in the Air Tonight?"

Oh Lord.

prediction: we win one game in this series before going on to sweep San Diego
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      prediction: we win one game in this series before going on to sweep San Diego
      Come on u know Atlanta,SD,Cincy we are gonna have trouble with

The Fish confuse the Majors and are playing in an AL park with a 3 man bench. Prado activated and Tyler Moore DFA

Comment

What the fuck

why not DFA Urena, why not demote Riddle. What the actual fuck
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          What the fuck

why not DFA Urena, why not demote Riddle. What the actual fuck
          U cant demote Riddle as he is backup SS but question is why not option Garcia? Bench is Ellis,Riddle,DD for this series

Comment

If Moore clears waivers, it's the right move.

I have no idea if he'll clear waivers.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              If Moore clears waivers, it's the right move.

I have no idea if he'll clear waivers.
              He might but why not just keep him as another guy on the bench and option Garcia down. He isn't a great bat but when u are playing in an AL park u kinda need bats more than 20 arms

Comment

I disagree about your point about playing in an AL park. Most of our problems having to do with the 4-man bench so far has come from lack of pinch-hitters and having to have pitchers hit for themselves. That won't be a problem here. Just play your starting 9 for all 9, I like it better, Mattingly doesn't even need to think about it.

Comment

Ya i actually have no problem with the moore thing for the 3 days in an AL park. My biggest issue with the idiocy of a 4 man bench is leaving MAttingly short handed because we play in the NL. with the DH that is fine with me. I assume Wittgren comes up tomorrow and Jarlin down whenever Wittgren is eligible to come back up.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Ya i actually have no problem with the moore thing for the 3 days in an AL park. My biggest issue with the idiocy of a 4 man bench is leaving MAttingly short handed because we play in the NL. with the DH that is fine with me. I assume Wittgren comes up tomorrow and Jarlin down whenever Wittgren is eligible to come back up.
                    I would keep Jarlin as he is a lefty. 2 didn't crumble in a high leverage spot yesterday. Phelps and Tazawa need to get their heads out of their asses otherwise give them a random injury so they can fix their shit.

Comment

Welp solid 1st for Koehler. King of the gopher ball

Comment

Looks like i made a prudent move going to bed after the bottom of to first. Thats a scheduled loss going from miami to seattle and being expected to play the next day. Im assuming TK didnt go ahead of the team. Kind of an unfair thing to ask from the team but whatever.

More importantly, how long are we going to keep this up with Bour. At the very least get Telis up here to start platooning against lefties. He crushes lefties and it was obvious to anyone the Bour would struggle vs lefties to begin with, but its more obvious now. Also, like I said during the offseason, relying on Ichiro to be the 4th OF again was a pretty stupid idea. Love him, but he did most of his damage last year in the first half and had a .245 BA and .291 OBP after the all star break. As a 5th OF clubhouse leader type guy I love him, but there was no excuse to cheap out on a potential 4th OF guy, especially given our OF's injury history that will inevitably lead to Ichiro playing every day for an extended period of time..

Urena has pitched well so far. Doesnt excuse the 4 man bench, but good for him.

Comment

Also, Ozuna is on pace for 62 HR's, 224 RBI's, and an OPS of .1107. Im gonna go out on a limb and say if he keeps that up we should look into locking him up.

On a side note, I love Prado, but I dont love him hitting 2nd instead of Realmuto. Both are good players, but especially as PRado works his way back into a groove he should be hitting lower in the lineup given how how JT has been to start the year. For now i'd go with Prado, JT, Yelich, Stanton, Ozuna,Prado, Bour, SS.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Also, Ozuna is on pace for 62 HR's, 224 RBI's, and an OPS of .1107. Im gonna go out on a limb and say if he keeps that up we should look into locking him up.

On a side note, I love Prado, but I dont love him hitting 2nd instead of Realmuto. Both are good players, but especially as PRado works his way back into a groove he should be hitting lower in the lineup given how how JT has been to start the year. For now i'd go with Prado, JT, Yelich, Stanton, Ozuna,Prado, Bour, SS.
                            Boras won't let Ozuna sign an extension with us so your limb better be long. Only saving grace is by the time Ozuna is a FA Jeff should be gone but he is under control for 2 more years so maybe he will let the new owners.

We will end up dealing him eventually for some minor leaguers who never reach the majors

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Boras won't let Ozuna sign an extension with us so your limb better be long. Only saving grace is by the time Ozuna is a FA Jeff should be gone but he is under control for 2 more years so maybe he will let the new owners.

We will end up dealing him eventually for some minor leaguers who never reach the majors
                              I was obviously kidding, but I think trading Ozuna this offseason will give us our best chance to find a top of the rotation starter given that we are incredibly unlikely to sign one of the top guys in free agency to a huge contract, which im more than OK with. Looking back on those rumors from a few offseasons ago, we would have made a great deal if we were able to nab one of Salazar or Carrasco from the Indians. If Ozuna has a big year i'm all for trading him if we can get a top of the rotation arm. 2 more years of team control will allow us to get a really good prospect if he doesnt fall off in the 2nd half of the year like he did last year. Obviously way too early to tell who we could get, but he would definitely net us something, and corner OF's are so much easier to get than a top of the rotation pitcher.

Finding a top of the rotation pitcher after Jose is the biggest priority for this team in the coming year.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just looking through potential team fits of teams who need hitting and have pitching, the Rays make sense, but they generally dont acquire guys close to free agency like Ozuna, so we shall see.

- - - - - - - - - -

Braves actually make a lot of sense too given they have an absurd amount of pitching and their hitting talent seems to be infield oriented.

Comment

Working...
                              X