No announcement yet.

Marlins at Mariners 4/17-4/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the least bit surprised that the Braves are only .5 game back of the Marlins.

They'll finish with a better record than us after Ozuna breaks his leg trying to catch a foul ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Not the least bit surprised that the Braves are only .5 game back of the Marlins.

They'll finish with a better record than us after Ozuna breaks his leg trying to catch a foul ball.
      it's 13 games into the year, the best and worst teams in the NL are only seperated by 4.5 games. I'd be shocked if the braves finish within 5 games of the marlins. We aren't a great team, but they are still a ways away and their lineup is pretty bad. They have a much better future, but it will be another year or 2 for them.

Comment

Stanton's avg is quickly plummeting. He's trying to lift everything. Last night he had a few pitches he should of punished into the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
          Stanton's avg is quickly plummeting. He's trying to lift everything. Last night he had a few pitches he should of punished into the gap.
          Ya he has never been the same since coming back from being hit in the face. He's been just a good but not great player since the start of last season. Its a pretty lengthy sample at this point since he's been a great player.

Comment

I would prefer Stanton hitting in the 3 hole with Yelich behind him.

Comment

This is random but idk where to put this. I just started reading Tom Verducci's new book "cubs way" about the rebuild by theo epstein in chicago and a little bit of his background in Boston and it has never been clearer to me just how far behind the marlins are from every single team in the majors, let alone the cubs. There is just so much more of a process and a collective plan in Chicago that is just so lacking here. It's not even about the analytics of what they have done to make the cubs a perennial playoff team, it is the thought process and collective team building plan that the marlins are just so far behind on just about every team. Every team seemingly, honestly except for the marlins, now has a huge part of their front office devoted to analytics, but Epstein's against the grain thinking and zigging when everyone is zagging is startling. In an age where everyone is building through young pitching, Epstein saw an market inefficiency and thought it was more important to build through high character hitters that have the chance to be team leaders every day rather than just once every 5 or 6 days. Contrast that with the marlins who are still building through young pitching in the draft, although most teams are doing that a lot still. But the results just dont mesh with that philosophy because of enhanced injuries and the rates with which pitchers drafted high just dont work out.

In addition, they did something with their player development program where they have this computer program that they use not only on potential draft picks but also to develop their own prospects where they have a computer program that measures the brains ability to react to pitches depending on the color of the ball on the screen and the spin of the ball using real life speeds and spins based on data through the Pitch/FX thing from MLB. When the ball is red, the player is not supposed to hit the space bar, signaling a take, and when the ball is green the batter hits the space bar to simulate reacting to hitting. In the book they talk about how that was part of the rationale behind why Mookie Betts skyrocketed on their board was because when he in the draft he already had pitch recognition capabilities and reaction times of guys like Ortiz and Pedroia and how it helps the Cubs get more information on prospects as well as develop the reaction time of their own prospects, and it talks about how there is a correlation to improvement in on field performance from their hitters because they make all their prospects do this program 3-4 times a week. The cubs signed that program to an exclusive deal so that they are the only team in the NL who can use it, and I think the rays and one other team in the AL use it.

This was completely random, but I just thought reading this book how it is incredibly interesting how deep and thoughtful some of the shit the cubs are doing goes and how i just imagine the marlins behind Jeffrey Loria's ownership and Mike Hill's front office abilities being so far behind the curve that we barely use analytics, let alone some of the stuff the most innovative teams in baseball are.

Comment

yeah but, Loria knows more about the game of baseball than any owner in the history of the game...

Comment

Ozuna robbed of another 3-run homer.

Comment

So do we have a 2 man bench now? With Prado hurt again lol

Comment

What in the world was that bunt?

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the gift.

Comment

Lucked out there

- - - - - - - - - -

I wouldn't even of bunted With Riddle. Gallardo throws a ton of fastballs. Let him swing away

Comment

Giving the Mariners 2 outs in that inning was a very Marlins thing

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                            I would prefer Stanton hitting in the 3 hole with Yelich behind him.
                            If there was a reasonable place in the lineup that Gordon could hit other than lineup i wouldnt mind everyone moving up to go Realmuto, Yelich,Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon, Prado, Bour, Hech/Rojas?

Gordon doesnt really fit down there but id prefer to give our best hitters the most AB's.

- - - - - - - - - -

Gallardo is awful, and Yelich is on somewhat of a tear. I love the early season where season numbers can go from terrible to good in like 3 games.

Comment

And Stanton flys out again

Comment

Bour! dont think ive ever seen him go opposite field. I expected him to fuck up running around the bases on his hr. This lineup is quite good as long as we dont have any injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X