No announcement yet.

The Official Miami Marlins "Sale of the Team" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its gonna be a Derek Jeter/Jeb Bush combined ownership group instead of 2 groups. They are gonna combine resources instead of bidding against each other

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Its gonna be a Derek Jeter/Jeb Bush combined ownership group instead of 2 groups. They are gonna combine resources instead of bidding against each other
      That would be incredible. Not a fan of Jeb or anyone in politics getting involved as a face of the team for a few reasons, but Jeter as a face of ownership of this team would bring a hugely needed credibility to this franchise that this team does not have at all. The day this becomes official and Loria is out of south florida sports, as sad as this sounds, will be the best day in South Florida sports history that doesnt involve a team winning a championship.

Also, how does David Samson's role get affected by this? Does he leave with Loria? I dont dislike him and honestly used to love his show on Lebatard, but I think he needs to go as well just to completely rid this franchise of any current leadership associated with this ownership/front office group. I wont even know how to react when we start thinking and behaving like a major league organization in so many ways. Being a complete joke of a franchise on and off the field has defined my entire baseball fandom experience in my 23 years of baseball, words dont do justice how big this will be for baseball in South Florida.

Jeter as a Magic Johnson type owner like the dodgers have is so huge for this franchise and baseball in South Florida in general. Am i the only one who thinks this town is completely ready to fully embrace this team and baseball in general? I think the apathy for the Marlins is all ownership and has much more to do with it than a general apathy for baseball in general. Obviously the WBC is different but you saw that there is a market for baseball down here, Jeffrey Loria has just beat it into the ground. The new owner doesnt even have to be a big spender, just dont be incompetent in every single facet of owning a team and you are good. It is honestly a great spot for a prospective owner.

IDK the relationship between Jeter and A-Rod at this point but i'd like to see A-Rod involved as well possibly.

Comment

Only reason Samson has a job is because he's Loria's son-in-law.

Comment

David Samson will be launched into orbit

Comment

I will be there to count down the mission clock
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              That would be incredible. Not a fan of Jeb or anyone in politics getting involved as a face of the team for a few reasons, but Jeter as a face of ownership of this team would bring a hugely needed credibility to this franchise that this team does not have at all. The day this becomes official and Loria is out of south florida sports, as sad as this sounds, will be the best day in South Florida sports history that doesnt involve a team winning a championship.

Also, how does David Samson's role get affected by this? Does he leave with Loria? I dont dislike him and honestly used to love his show on Lebatard, but I think he needs to go as well just to completely rid this franchise of any current leadership associated with this ownership/front office group. I wont even know how to react when we start thinking and behaving like a major league organization in so many ways. Being a complete joke of a franchise on and off the field has defined my entire baseball fandom experience in my 23 years of baseball, words dont do justice how big this will be for baseball in South Florida.

Jeter as a Magic Johnson type owner like the dodgers have is so huge for this franchise and baseball in South Florida in general. Am i the only one who thinks this town is completely ready to fully embrace this team and baseball in general? I think the apathy for the Marlins is all ownership and has much more to do with it than a general apathy for baseball in general. Obviously the WBC is different but you saw that there is a market for baseball down here, Jeffrey Loria has just beat it into the ground. The new owner doesnt even have to be a big spender, just dont be incompetent in every single facet of owning a team and you are good. It is honestly a great spot for a prospective owner.

IDK the relationship between Jeter and A-Rod at this point but i'd like to see A-Rod involved as well possibly.
              Samson's role affected?? HAHA If your mom married Jeff Loria U could have Samson's role. Unlike other sports,baseball u need President of Operations and a GM to do stuff. Samson and Hill get the roles and if anything happens they run to the REAL President or GM and get the OK

Soon as Jeff sells-Samson,Hill,Stan Meek are gone

Maybe he can get on Survivor again?

Comment

God i hope so. I dont care about Samson cause he really has no role baseball wise, he is just a small annoying guy who talks like a team spokesman, but this front office is so behind baseball in terms of methods used and organizational philosophy. That cubs book im reading really opened my eyes further to how much other mlb teams do that is truly revolutionary and outside the box thinking and we're sitting here still bunting guys over to 2nd and playing by the book. it is mind bogglingly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  God i hope so. I dont care about Samson cause he really has no role baseball wise, he is just a small annoying guy who talks like a team spokesman, but this front office is so behind baseball in terms of methods used and organizational philosophy. That cubs book im reading really opened my eyes further to how much other mlb teams do that is truly revolutionary and outside the box thinking and we're sitting here still bunting guys over to 2nd and playing by the book. it is mind bogglingly stupid.
                  Cubs probably employ 50 guys while we maybe have 6-10. But Cubs have owners who hired a baseball guy(Theo) to run the whole thing. We have an owner who runs the whole thing

Comment

new reports that maybe Stephen Ross is bidding as well as a Mitt Romney backed group. Ross would be amazing IMO
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      new reports that maybe Jeff Ross is bidding as well as a Mitt Romney backed group. Ross would be amazing IMO
                      JEff Ross the comedian? Or Stephen Ross the dolphins owner?

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya its Stephen ross. He would be a fantastic owner. I mentioned him a few weeks ago. He has deep pockets and he might be a bit of a dope sometimes but he spends money and cares about the team he owns.

Comment

• lol whoops Jeff Ross would be horrible. dunno where my brain was

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          lol whoops Jeff Ross would be horrible. dunno where my brain was
                          Ill take him as owner if it is conditioned with a roast of Jeffrey Loria and David samson before they leave town.

Comment

• Derek Jeter/Jeb Bush VS Tom Glavine/Tagg Romney

Looks like these are the 2 main groups bidding

Comment

• Tom Glavine? Seems like a nice enough guy but was he some sort of wizard in the business realm off the field? How does he have anywhere near the money necessary to even be a minority owner?

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow, just checked and Glavine made $130 million in his career. I knew he played a long time but thats a huge upset as far as how much I thought he made in his time, even if he was a hall of fame player. Thats surprising as hell. But I really want Jeter as the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Tom Glavine? Seems like a nice enough guy but was he some sort of wizard in the business realm off the field? How does he have anywhere near the money necessary to even be a minority owner?

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow, just checked and Glavine made $130 million in his career. I knew he played a long time but thats a huge upset as far as how much I thought he made in his time, even if he was a hall of fame player. Thats surprising as hell. But I really want Jeter as the face.
                                Jeter would obviously be a "better" face to the casual South Florida fan

Comment

Working...
                                X