The Official Miami Marlins "Sale of the Team" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...160678294.html

Pitbull is apparently now in the Rothbaum/Romney/Bush group.

Comment

• What is the point of 15-20 guys in a ownership group? I could care less who owns the team as long as they are willing to commit to a 100+million payroll every year(after rebuild),spend in IFA and the draft and hire baseball people to run the team.

I just hope some guy who no one has ever heard of and only puts in 10 million dollars doesn't thing he is running the team and we get into an Dbacks situation. Dbacks situation was they hired Dave Stewart to run the team however whenever he made a move they had to"vote" on it. Half who liked Stewart would vote yes and the other ones were No.(I wouldn't have Dave Stewart near the FO) Jeb! put in 10 million and had the idea he "ran" the team and Jeter is putting in 25 million and he has this idea that he will be the President of Baseball Ops.

We need an actual FO-I dont mind Jeter as VP learning for 3/4 years but as we have seen u can't put a non baseball guy as President(Samson) and then just a puppet GM(Mike Hill). U need 4/5 baseball guys to run it. That is the 1 positive about Mas-he wants to run the team but hire baseball guys to do it(which is why Jeter won't join his group) the other 2 groups not so sure

- - - - - - - - - -

Funny thing about all of this is no deal will even be made for months. They will agree to tenative deal now and nothing will be official till next year sometime

Comment

• Let's look at the options here:

Option 1 - A group led by someone who is barely putting in any of their own money in, is struggling to find the rest of the money to buy the team, brags about never actually watching baseball, but wants to have the control.

Option 2 - A large group of wealthy, but not ultra-wealthy individuals without many real ties to the community.

Option 3 - A man who could write a check for $1B today on his own, with major ties to the community.

How is this a tough decision? Mas is by far the easy decision here. He's invested in Miami and would truly care about the team succeeding here. He has the money required to actually spend what it takes to be competitive. He also, has been a tremendous success in just about everything he's tried. Loria truly is the gift that keeps on giving. They should really name the new strain of incurable gonorrhea "Loria". Manfred needs to sack up in a way Selig never did, and push this through with Mas.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          Let's look at the options here:

Option 1 - A group led by someone who is barely putting in any of their own money in, is struggling to find the rest of the money to buy the team, brags about never actually watching baseball, but wants to have the control.

Option 2 - A large group of wealthy, but not ultra-wealthy individuals without many real ties to the community.

Option 3 - A man who could write a check for $1B today on his own, with major ties to the community.

How is this a tough decision? Mas is by far the easy decision here. He's invested in Miami and would truly care about the team succeeding here. He has the money required to actually spend what it takes to be competitive. He also, has been a tremendous success in just about everything he's tried. Loria truly is the gift that keeps on giving. They should really name the new strain of incurable gonorrhea "Loria". Manfred needs to sack up in a way Selig never did, and push this through with Mas.
          Add onto Option 3 that Manfred and MLB want Mas to own the team too.

Jeff probably doesn't want a guy who fans will love(well most fans) or maybe Mas told him he couldn't have his seat when he sells?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Add onto Option 3 that Manfred and MLB want Mas to own the team too.

Jeff probably doesn't want a guy who fans will love(well most fans) or maybe Mas told him he couldn't have his seat when he sells?
            If that's what Manfred wants, he should make it happen. MLB has sat on their hands throughout Loria's reign. That needs to end.

Comment

• Yeah with every a-hole celebrity that joins one of the other groups, the more I really want Mas to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                If that's what Manfred wants, he should make it happen. MLB has sat on their hands throughout Loria's reign. That needs to end.
                I think Manfred just wants a new owner. They want Mas but as long as its not Loria anymore he isn't gonna get crazy about it

- - - - - - - - - -

DEgH0M1WsAIz9E7.jpg

New Owner talking deal!!!

Comment

• https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/mar...still-talking/

Heyman is saying "But at the least, [Mas] seems like a surefire favorite – though the situation remains fluid."

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/mar...still-talking/

Heyman is saying "But at the least, [Mas] seems like a surefire favorite – though the situation remains fluid."
                    Jeff is just trying to get the most he can from the 3 groups. I wouldnt call anyone a favorite anymore until they sign something-I wouldnt be surprised if Jeff is trying to talk the 3 groups into keeping Samson,Hill,Meek,Issac Galloway,keeping that awful piece of "art" and building a statue of him. The guy's ego is terrible,can't wait till he is in Italy

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Jeff is just trying to get the most he can from the 3 groups. I wouldnt call anyone a favorite anymore until they sign something-I wouldnt be surprised if Jeff is trying to talk the 3 groups into keeping Samson,Hill,Meek,Issac Galloway,keeping that awful piece of "art" and building a statue of him. The guy's ego is terrible,can't wait till he is in Italy
                      I just read an article mentioning that Samson wants to remain with the Marlins.

Comment

His daddy in law might write it into the contract for him which would be a sad, sad day and totally ruin what should be the 3rd great moment this franchise will ever have the day the team is sold. Loria and Samsom both are WOAT.

Comment

Of course he does,gets paid to do nothing but shake hands. If u want to know why the Fish suck just read this line

David Samson President of the Miami Marlins and Mike Hill President/GM of the Miami Marlins. Theo Epstein President of Baseball Operations of the Cubs

We have 2 guys who have no business with any of their job titles.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was trying to tho. Mas is firing 99% of current people if he gets the team

Comment

• Samson can stay on with the team as a janitor.

Comment

• Ugh...MLB is worried Mas may drop out because of Loria's antics.....what a surprise.

https://twitter.com/CGasparino/statu...33358886326272 (Sorry, I tried to embed the twitter box, but it wouldn't work)

http://nypost.com/2017/07/18/marlins...-end-in-sight/

“There is no process,” said a source close to the situation. “The truth is, it is chaos.”

“[Loria] won’t make a decision,” the source said. “Everyone is dancing and no one is committing.”

Typically, teams use a bank to vet bids, but in this case, there is no bank or adviser. The Proskauer Rose law firm, which works closely with Major League Baseball, appears to be the main point of contact for the parties.
                              http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...717-story.html

One source close to Mas confirmed that he might consider dropping out of the negotiations if something isn’t decided soon, as was first reported by Fox Business. A second source suggested that the Marlins expect Mas to drop out.

Mas is frustrated by a few things, a the source close to him said: the never-ending sales process; the lack of an exclusive rights window to negotiate with Loria; and the fact the team isn’t “worth close to $1.2 billion.”

Loria and Marlins president David Samson, by contrast, don’t want to afford any group an exclusive window to negotiate in hopes competitive bidding will drive up the price.
                              https://www.local10.com/sports/mlb/m...arlins-bidding

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...161839373.html
                              Last edited by rmc523; 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• There is a process-whoever meets Jeff's asking price first gets the team. It could be Mas,Rothbaum,Jeter,Aliens from Mars,Disney,Stephen Ross. The first one who offers 1.2 million gets the Fish. Not 1.17,Not 1.1999 but 1.2!!

Guy is a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X