The Official Miami Marlins "Sale of the Team" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Gotta love the press but is it really Derek Jeter's Marlins? Guy put up $25 million or $400,000 more than Wei-Yen Chen will make for his 10 starts in 2020. Owns 2.1% of the team in reality

I just hope he is as good as he thinks and didn't ask Jeff what a CEO should do. Even tho he is running the baseball side,he needs to hire a President of Baseball and delegate some of the duties

On brightside no more Jeff Loria!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Samson and Hill will likely be around for little while to help out/do the jobs until the Sherman group is set to go and evaluates everyone. True for most of the staff but 2019 is still the target year for all of them.
    I really hope they hire someone from the Cubs or Red Sox or a team like that to be the true President of Baseball Ops to help Jeter out. Give JEd Hoyer a raise and job promotion from the Cubs and call it a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      I really hope they hire someone from the Cubs or Red Sox or a team like that to be the true President of Baseball Ops to help Jeter out. Give JEd Hoyer a raise and job promotion from the Cubs and call it a day.
      Doubtful will probably be from the NYY tree and someone less profile since Jeter is gonna have final say. Jeter is gonna be the CEO/President(Samson) and President of Baseball Ops(Mike Hill). He will likely hire a VP of Baseball/GM(who will be in charge of baseball but NO decisions) but wouldnt be surprised if he kept Mike Hill around as the GM until they get figure everything out

I could see a Billy Eppler(GM in LAA but was AGM with Yanks) or even Damon Oppenheimer as the VP of Baseball/GM. Guys who knows Jeter but also knows the Front Office/Scouting that he can trusts cause Jeter doesn't watch games or scout

Atleast unlike Jeff the guy who makes the final decision actually understands baseball

- - - - - - - - - -

Article from few months ago

“Jeter mentioned his distaste for watching baseball many times during his career. As an example, in his book “The Yankee Years,” Tom Verducci relates that the baseball-infatuated A-Rod was at Jeter’s apartment and was stunned Jeter did not have the MLB TV package. Mike Borzello, the Yankees’ bullpen catcher at the time, witnessed the exchange.

“It was just so funny because Derek will never watch a baseball game other than the one he’s playing in,” Borzello said. “They’re just complete opposites. I remember Alex’s reaction to it was like, ‘How is that possible?’ ”

One source in contact with the Bush group said Jeter wants to be in position to hire the key people in the Marlins’ baseball operations department and actively involved in operations but has shown no interest in scouting a lot of games and hasn’t said how involved he plans to be in trade decisions.
      Last edited by tjfla; 08-11-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Well, hopefully they'll have enough money to keep the lights on, let alone sign players.

Comment

• So I know it has to be finalized and approved, but who's organizing the "Loria's gone" parade?

Comment

• WE FUCKIN DID IT
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• How the hell is Hill and Samson sticking around?

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                How the hell is Hill and Samson sticking around?
                Agree completely - I'm hoping they're just there as transition people and will be jettisoned in the not-too-distant-future.

Comment

• Gonna be weird to see Jeter in a Marlins hat.

Comment

• ¡¿Lo viste?!

Comment

• Per Barry Jackson, there is now a signed agreement and it's been sent to MLB.

Comment

• I just ordered my Darvish Marlins jersey, boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          I just ordered my Darvish Marlins jersey, boys!
                          Would be a great addition and just what we need. Fuckin Chen and Volquez make that unlikely though.

Also they are saying Mas is now somehow trying to become involved. Shit show.

Comment

• [tweet]896249496803446784[/tweet]

[tweet]896350557031596032[/tweet]

That's an interesting twist. What is a "controlling owner" if Sherman is supposed to be the managing partner?
                            Last edited by rmc523; 08-12-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Best possible scenario.
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                [tweet]896249496803446784[/tweet]

[tweet]896350557031596032[/tweet]

That's an interesting twist. What is a "controlling owner" if Sherman is supposed to be the managing partner?
                                Controlling owner is the Owner who is in charge(50+% of the team). Dont expect to see Mas getting in this. Derek Jeter has already thrown a fit and Uncle Daddy listens to his Sugar Baby. Uncle Daddy has NO interest in being the controlling owner or even involved however since he is putting up 400 million he has to be.

I like Jeter but damn he is a control freak,he wants Sherman to be his Sugar Daddy while he does everything else.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                                How the hell is Hill and Samson sticking around?
                                Many people don't know this but Samson is an award winner. He has Won Best Dressed Executive,Best Yes Man and Best Gopher the past 5 years

In all seriousness u gotta keep them around until u figure everything else out. Jeter will be making all the decisions so they will be doing the same job they have done for yes. Jeter will ask them something and will get Yes Sir/Great Idea. Soon as 2019 comes around and new guys are in place they will be out-Samson,Hill,DelPiano,Meek

Comment

Working...
                                X