Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how Barry Jackson didn't mention Dave Stewart as an agent turned GM
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      I like how Barry Jackson didn't mention Dave Stewart as an agent turned GM
      I noticed that too.

Comment

• Here is Heyman's latest with more details of the group. Seems the financing has been firmed up and they are ready to go:

https://www.fanragsports.com/jeters-...voted-on-soon/

Also, Fox Business reports the vote is likely coming this week:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...this-week.html

Comment

• Im so conflicted on whether id be against Jeter but also want nothing to do with Loria. Its literally being asked to be stabbed repeatedly or shot repeatedly. Id pay to be able to change being a fan of another franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Im so conflicted on whether id be against Jeter but also want nothing to do with Loria. Its literally being asked to be stabbed repeatedly or shot repeatedly. Id pay to be able to change being a fan of another franchise.
            Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic, but reports make that more difficult than it should be. I think it'll be hard to be worse than Loria, so we have that going for us......we'll just have to wait an see I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic, but reports make that more difficult than it should be. I think it'll be hard to be worse than Loria, so we have that going for us......we'll just have to wait an see I guess.
              i hope they deny their approval and bring Mas back into the situation.

Comment

i hope they deny their approval and bring Mas back into the situation.
                Even though that sounds ideal from a money perspective, I doubt it'll happen. Sounds like the deal and approval are basically done already.

Comment

• What does the current FO care? Loria will only end up paying like $15 million of the $80 million contract he signed Chen to. Try to get all they can out of him that they could, fuck the new ownership.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow, that $15 million was a guess on my part, but that's exactly what it is. $65 million still due Chen.

Comment

• Deal has been done since the owners meeting. In fact Jeter has been talking to teams about guys and trying to get deals in motion so when they are announced they can start quickly

Comment

• MLB has approved the sale according to Barry Jackson. Closing will take place on Monday. So long, Loria!
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 09-27-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        MLB has approved the sale according to Barry Jackson. Closing will take place on Monday. So long, Loria!
                        So I'm torn between throwing a parade because Loria is gone, and being down because it probably means the team is about to be dismantled again.

Comment

• If it puts us back in the playoffs I'm all for it. We have been treading water for a decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
                            If it puts us back in the playoffs I'm all for it. We have been treading water for a decade.
                            ya, the more i think of it, im cool with a complete and total rebuild. i just dont trust them to do it the right way like the Cubs, Astros, White Sox, etc.

Comment

ya, the more i think of it, im cool with a complete and total rebuild. i just dont trust them to do it the right way like the Cubs, Astros, White Sox, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                good talk. im just so sorry im not privy to all the inside information you are. not all of us have inside information from around the urinal.

Comment

Working...
                                X