Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lou View Post
    I hope Locke is the de facto 6th SP. They don't need a third lefty in the rotation. I think Chapman, Ramos, Phelps, Barraclough, Wittgren, Locke, and McGowan is one hell of a bullpen. Ellington, Cervenka, Urena, and Nicolino is a pretty good call up squad.

Although I suspect Ramos or Phelps will be traded to cut costs and Ellington shifted in. I'm OK with that too.

I think I'd trade Ozuna+Ramos/Phelps for a good young SP and sign an outfielder and a lefty bashing 1B to help out DD/Ichiro/Bour in the last position player slots, and that's looking like a pretty good team on paper considering the circumstances.
    Ya I wouldnt mind Ramos dealt especially when teams are getting some nice value for RP. I mean Arizona signed Rodney to be a closer and they have about 10 SP. Doesnt sound like Mattingly has any desire to get rid of Phelps

Comment

• stop trying to fuck up the super pen

Comment

• If Chapman wouldnt cost a first round pick, and Jansen would, I dont see why we wouldnt have him as a priority ahead of Jansen. They are both going to cost a shit ton, why on earth would we not make chapman the priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          If Chapman wouldnt cost a first round pick, and Jansen would, I dont see why we wouldnt have him as a priority ahead of Jansen. They are both going to cost a shit ton, why on earth would we not make chapman the priority.
          Cause #1 it looks like NYY will beat any offer on him and #2 Jeff don't give a f#ck about no draft pick

Jeff wants him more Jansen but NYY has been telling agents/teams that they will pay pretty much whatever for Chapman which is why u see alot of teams trying to trade for a closer

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Cause #1 it looks like NYY will beat any offer on him and #2 Jeff don't give a f#ck about no draft pick

Jeff wants him more Jansen but NYY has been telling agents/teams that they will pay pretty much whatever for Chapman which is why u see alot of teams trying to trade for a closer
            I understand that, but if the two are the least bit close in salary, it makes no sense to make Jansen a priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              I understand that, but if the two are the least bit close in salary, it makes no sense to make Jansen a priority.
              They arent. But u dont wanna fight NYY over Chapman and miss out on them both do u?? They made offers to both-whoever signs first they are happy with

Chapman is all about $$$. His agent prolly goes to NYY and says Miami offered 5/80 beat it

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                Mattingly just said today that they feel Phelps makes the most impact in the bullpen. He's not going to be in the rotation.
                meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  Jeff Locke signed, so there's your rotation

Conley, Chen, Volquez, Koehler, Locke
                  The rotation was always going to be hard to salvage, but that group does make me cry a bit on the inside.

I'll take bets on how many other pitchers in our system get starts at some point this season.

- - - - - - - - - -

Locke is a fine signing tho. $3 million is nothing in baseball terms and in all likelihood he's a long reliever who can make starts when people suck or injuries happen.

Comment

• [tweet]806581046695395331[/tweet]

Comment

• image.jpg

Comment

• AJ Ellis Signed 1/2.5

Surprised it's not for 2 years but always can resign him if he wants to play again

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya looks like the teams who spend money are spending it.

We can still try for Robertson but likely Ziegler/Uehara or Tazawa as setup and AJ staying at closer

So to all who didn't want Chapman OR Jansen u can now go back to complaining on how our payroll is so low HAHA
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-07-2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

AJ Ellis Signed 1/2.5

Surprised it's not for 2 years but always can resign him if he wants to play again

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya looks like the teams who spend money are spending it.

We can still try for Robertson but likely Ziegler/Uehara or Tazawa as setup and AJ staying at closer

So to all who didn't want Chapman OR Jansen u can now go back to complaining on how our payroll is so low HAHA
                          So earlier this morning it looked like we were getting Jansen, and now it looks like we aren't? Are you going all off of that one tweet?

Comment

Because some dude tweeted the Marlins don't like their chances of signing Jansen?

Comment

• The Nats are acquiring Adam Eaton for Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez, and Dane Dunning.

Seems like they were desperate to make some sort of move.
                              Last edited by rmc523; 12-07-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                The Nats are acquiring Adam Eaton for Lucas Giolito and others.
                                Nats got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                                X