C: J.T Realmuto
    1B: Justin Bour
    2B: Dee Gordon
    SS: Miguel Rojas
    3B: Martin Prado
    LF: Christian Yelich
    CF: Marcell Ozuna
    RF: Giancarlo Stanton

Bench includes Ichiro, Chris Johnson, Derek Dietrich, maybe Hech, or mix with some free agent signings.

I'm not calling it a contender, but it's starting to move towards a positive direction.

Comment

• There's no way Chris Johnson is back right? Dood was awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        There's no way Chris Johnson is back right? Dood was awful.
        Assumed he was still under contract. He won't be back.

Comment

• If they sign Jansen there's two scenarios:

1) magic happens and they make a run
          2) they don't and they have an elite closer signed long term that they can trade to replenish the farm

I don't really know why people are so worked up about it.

If we're terrible, you KNOW they're going to trade him. There's no other clear path to restocking the farm.

And if they win, awesome.

It's not nearly as bad as people are acting.

Comment

• There's also the scenario (no matter how unlikely) that Jansen regresses and becomes a burden on the payroll and becomes untradeable.

Do numbers suggest that happening? Not really, but relievers are highly volatile and tend to become unpredictable as they get older.

I don't dislike Jansen as a player. He's a great closer. It's all about allocation of resources for me. I also see the 14th overall pick as valuable and not something I'd want to just give up.

Comment

• Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Draft pick, fine. Although the odds of that player turning into anything are low, even a 1st round pick. I get it though.

Allocation of resources, meh. There's nothing else worth spending the money on. The starters on the market are crapshoot at best and certainly not anyone I'd want to give multiyear deals to. Looking at the market, if I'm laying this money out, it'd be on Jansen. You could also just make the case to not spend the money, but given how inconsistent they are, I'd rather them spend it now than not and then decide not to later.

I really don't have a problem with the idea that this is the best way to improve our team given the current options available to us. It's not the dumbest thing they've ever done.

And this is coming from someone who is normally a firm believer that you never pay relievers. This is just the situation we're in right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                I mean look at this team

SP: Wei-Yin Chen
                SP: Adam Conley
                SP: Edinson Volquez
                SP: Jason Hammel
                SP: Doug Fister

Bullpen

Long Relief: Justin Nicolino, Jose Urena
                Middle Relief: Nick Wittgren, Brian Ellington, Kyle Barraclough
                Setup: AJ Ramos, Koji Uehara
                Closer: Brad Ziegler

Starting Lineup:
                C: J.T Realmuto
                1B: Justin Bour
                2B: Dee Gordon
                SS: Miguel Rojas
                3B: Martin Prado
                LF: Christian Yelich
                CF: Marcell Ozuna
                RF: Giancarlo Stanton

Bench includes Ichiro, Chris Johnson, Derek Dietrich, maybe Hech, or mix with some free agent signings.

I'm not calling it a contender, but it's starting to move towards a positive direction.
                Im not sure what world youre living in where you would be able to get Fister, Hammel, Ziegler, AND uehara for less combined than Chapman.

- - - - - - - - - -

Does Chapman cost our firstround pick like Jansen?

Comment

• Chapman wouldn't cost them a 1st round pick if the Marlins signed him since he was traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    Aroldis Chapman on the baseball team I root for disgusts me and I will never cheer for him. Hope he blows every save opportunity

just win.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                      There's also the scenario (no matter how unlikely) that Jansen regresses

There's also the scenario (no matter how unlikely) that an asteroid the size of Canada crashes into the earth next week and we all die.

Comment

Aroldis Chapman on the baseball team I root for disgusts me and I will never cheer for him. Hope he blows every save opportunity
                        U should root for another team anyways HAHA. Looks like Jansen so don't worry

- - - - - - - - - -

In actual news,looks like the 17 OF will be Stanton/Yelich/Ozuna

We should have a pool to see what injury the "Big Hurt" has to end his season in August. I say ingrown toenail

Comment

• Jeff Locke signed, so there's your rotation

Conley, Chen, Volquez, Koehler, Locke

Comment

Jeff Locke signed, so there's your rotation

Conley, Chen, Volquez, Koehler, Locke
                            Yep with extra cash likely for another RP. Tazawa,Uehara or possibly Ziegler.

Well looks like the "other" RP is Dustin McGowan. Signed!!
                            Last edited by tjfla; 12-07-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• He was pretty good last season, no issues with that.

Comment

• The Rockies are signing Ian Desmond. It's a 5-year/$70M deal, with a 6th year option bumping it to $83M potentially.
                                Last edited by rmc523; 12-07-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X