Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dim View Post
    If you don't want to read it then don't. No reason to say it and make it seem like putting out decently though out and long written posts a bad thing.

His post was directed at me. He responded to a one sentence post by me with a 6 paragraph novel. I'm sorry, but I'm not reading 6 paragraphs about how losing the 14th pick in the 2017 draft is the straw that broke the camels back.

Comment

• OK.

Comment

• backloading isn't an indication he's selling to me. quite the opposite actually. when you sell you want to have the obligations low, otherwise you get less money from the sale. backloading is an indication the player is going to be traded.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          His post was directed at me. He responded to a one sentence post by me with a 6 paragraph novel. I'm sorry, but I'm not reading 6 paragraphs about how losing the 14th pick in the 2017 draft is the straw that broke the camels back.
          my post wasnt directed at you at all. and if 6 paragraphs is a novel what do you do for a living because i really hope it doesnt involve reading

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          Frugal? He's paid more luxury tax money than any other owner in the league if I'm not mistaken. They paid the repeater tax multiple times and just last year got under the tax threshold. I wouldn't worry about him being frugal. That guy is about as 1st class as it gets in professional sports. I'm not sure the Marlins could find a better owner.
          Frugal in a relative sense. He amnestied Mike Miller on a championship team for salary reasons which in retrospect is part of what made Lebron leave. He'd be a great owner though, this is a stupid conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            my post wasnt directed at you at all. and if 6 paragraphs is a novel what do you do for a living because i really hope it doesnt involve reading

- - - - - - - - - -

When you start paying me to read 6 paragraphs (that could have been said in 1 or 2 paragraphs) I will read it in its entirety. Also, I'd go back and look at your original novel and my post that proceeded it.

<3

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              When you start paying me to read 6 paragraphs (that could have been said in 1 or 2 paragraphs) I will read it in its entirety. Also, I'd go back and look at your original novel and my post that proceeded it.

<3
              quoting your original post doesnt mean all of my post will be in reference to what you said and in response to your post. but whatever who cares.

- - - - - - - - - -

I saw a tweet either ln or this morning that said the Royals are trying to combine Cain and Davis. That is the move this team needs to make. Cain would be a great addition to this lineup. Not sure what we have that would get that started, but Ramos and Dietrich + prospects, and then moving Ozuna for another piece would be something i am definitely in favor of.

Comment

• [tweet]806199479120654336[/tweet]

Comment

• We like!

Comment

• Was same deal that were planning for Jose. Really sucks about his death but damn would have been nice

I mentioned the Davis/Dyson talk-they #1 don't wanna trade Ozuna so now need for Dyson and #2 they want Jansen so that is what they are concentrating on

All talk seems to be Jansen,Fister,AJ Ellis and possible a Jeff Locke/De La Rosa. They also want a right handed bat that can play 1B/3B but not high on list right now
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• if you dont think every one of us would be bitching and complaining if we made that deal for jose you're sorely mistaken
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        if you dont think every one of us would be bitching and complaining if we made that deal for jose you're sorely mistaken
                        What I am saying is that is the offer that Boston planned for Jose which was why it was so easy for them to make it for Sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Was same deal that were planning for Jose. Really sucks about his death but damn would have been nice

I mentioned the Davis/Dyson talk-they #1 don't wanna trade Ozuna so now need for Dyson and #2 they want Jansen so that is what they are concentrating on

All talk seems to be Jansen,Fister,AJ Ellis and possible a Jeff Locke/De La Rosa. They also want a right handed bat that can play 1B/3B but not high on list right now
                          Here's a question for anyone who wants to reply......assuming they could be had for equal contracts, would you prefer Hammel or Fister?

I think we need someone who can platoon with Bour....Steve Pearce would've been nice.

Comment

• Some Jansen stuff I read..........

Jansen has posted an ERA under 3.00 every year of his career and his 2016 mark of 1.44 FIP, which measures what a player’s ERA would look like over a given period of time if the pitcher were to have experienced league average results on balls batted into play and league average timing, indicates he might have deserved better than his 1.83 ERA. Another ERA estimator, SIERA (1.60), agrees. Jansen also posted a 9.45 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 2016.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            Here's a question for anyone who wants to reply......assuming they could be had for equal contracts, would you prefer Hammel or Fister?.
                            Jason Hammel for me.

Posted a 3.5 WAR in 2009 with Colorado. Yup. That's a long time ago but...

He's only 2 years older than Fister and his WAR over the last 3 seasons is 5.6 (Fisters is 2.7)

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                              Here's a question for anyone who wants to reply......assuming they could be had for equal contracts, would you prefer Hammel or Fister?

I think we need someone who can platoon with Bour....Steve Pearce would've been nice.
                              Some reports are Hammel might be looking for longer than 2

Comment

• So the White Sox just acquired the future best player/top 10 player in baseball. I've said this multiple times and i also said multiple times how I was in favor of trading Jose for Moncada this offseason. But Moncada is an absolute animal, and if he can stick playing at 2b instead of 3b, he is going to be the most valuable player in the league by position standards at least. I cant put into words how good i think he is going to be.

And Kopech is an animal as well, future top of the rotation arm, but considering the Red Sox havent had success developing their own SP in years, I can understand trading him.

But to me, the only untouchable player in their farm system should have been Moncada. White Sox just got an unreal deal for Sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X