Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Jake Esch DFA and claimed by SD(Also known as Miami West or Miami with better ownership)

Hey least it wasn't Urena but shows what I have been saying. How do we keep losing guys for NOTHING to the first team in the Waiver Claim order instead of trying to get something for him?

Looks like Tyler Moore is getting the last spot

Another question tho is Odrisamer Despaigne Jeff Loria's son as well? I know this guy is hurt but how the hell has this guy kept his spot? Samson/Mike Hill and Despaigne-Jeff takes good care of his kids!!
    Of all the things to complain about, you complain about the dumbest shit.

Comment

• Its really crazy that a business man as successful as Loria has not realized this many years into his ownership that the money being spent the correct way and in the right places early will pay dividends later. For example, the fact that he hasnt realized that if he invests in international talent or the draft at a young age it will pay dividends in the future when they pan out and you get a great talent at low cost for 5-6 years until they are free agents, or that when they have to fill a hole in the future, they have people in the system that are really talented that can come in and fill a hole rather than going out and spending 10 million a year on a guy like Volquez or a guy like Chen for 15 million a year.

He still does not realize that having cost controlled talent, even if you have to spend money to sign or draft them at 16 or 18, it will pay off in the long run when you arent over paying for established MLB players who are free agents. Or, in a separate area, if you spend money on scouting in international free agency or the draft, it will pay off in higher attendance and better teams and possible playoff games and more overall franchise excitement and value.

Now, obviously he doesnt care and it is too late for him to even start doing this considering he is going to sell the team in the next year, but i just dont get how a successful businessman can be so terrible at running this business, or why he even likes having this team considering the way he runs the franchise.

Comment

• He's great at running the business. He makes money hand over fist.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          He's great at running the business. He makes money hand over fist.
          and he could make more and actually have a successful baseball team rather than just relying on the appreciation of the franchise if he would invest in other areas rather than relying on filling holes in the roster with mediocre, overpriced free agents.

Comment

Working...
          X