No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id be shocked if the braves are better than us. The job they have doen with rebuilding their farm system has been great, but most of those guys are not ready yet. Obviously injuries could play a factor, but i think we will be significantly better than them. They are another year or 2 away IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Id be shocked if the braves are better than us. The job they have doen with rebuilding their farm system has been great, but most of those guys are not ready yet. Obviously injuries could play a factor, but i think we will be significantly better than them. They are another year or 2 away IMO.
      That depends on the rest of the offseason.
      Right now, we are not significantly better than them (and that's assuming we're better, which might not even be the case).

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        someone is going to have to explain to me wtf the braves are doing. just traded 3 prospects, albeit not good prospects, for Jaime Garcia. Unless they are just trying to collect future assets this summer hoping some of these guys have a good first half.
        Well they got so many prospects they might as well trade some for something in the majors. None of the 3 are great especially in the system that Atlanta has built

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        So basically the cap barely matters because teams will just trade for more money?
        They made the cap so everyone can get a chance at TOP players every year. They didn't want the NYY,LA,Cubs getting 5 or 6 guys every year while Miami gets 1 every 5 years.(Well the chance to,it's hard to get Top guys when u don't even make offers for them)But ya the cap is just for MLB to say this is as much as u can spend UNLESS u get money from another team for something.

Probably was Jeff's 2nd priority after getting his 35 million dollar check every year

Comment

• The Braves are not acting at all like a team that is rebuilding. There are several reports that they're interested in Sale or Archer.

Comment

• I think the Braves got Garcia for nothing and we could baeten the same deal with Anderson, Esch and Brice
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Still need two 2/3 type starters and a bridge relief arm. Probably a fireman too. Hard to see anyone fill those roles on a one year deal. Letting Rodney go was probably not a great idea. I like Volquez but he's the 3/4 guy we needed to fill in alongside Conley and Chen. Hard to imagine any of those three being even plausible options for a play-in type game.

Comment

• Under 5% chance that Loria signs two #2/#3 type starters on top of Volquez.

We have to pray for miracle scenario where we acquire Fister/Hammel type guy and Jansen.

Fister
                Conley
                Chen
                Volquez (who will likely be Opening Day starter)
                Koehler

Phelps
                Bear
                Ramos (who I think we should trade but we won't cause Stanton bff situation)
                Jansen

If Stanton and Chen improve from last year and Koehler and Phelps repeat last year we can make playoffs with that.
                Last edited by Namaste; 12-02-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  Under 5% chance that Loria signs two #2/#3 type starters on top of Volquez.

We have to pray for miracle scenario where we acquire Fister/Hammel type guy and Jansen.

Fister
                  Conley
                  Chen
                  Volquez (who will likely be Opening Day starter)
                  Koehler

Phelps
                  Bear
                  Ramos (who I think we should trade but we won't cause Stanton bff situation)
                  Jansen

If Stanton and Chen improve from last year and Koehler and Phelps repeat last year we can make playoffs with that.
                  They can get Hammel or Fister-issue is the price. Both prolly want few years at 11 million or so. This is the reason alot of people think Ozuna will get dealt. Alot cheaper to get a SP and go with a platoon of DD and ? in LF

Comment

• D-backs signed Jeff Mathis to a 2 year, $4M contract, so he won't be back.

Comment

• Tomas Telis do ya thing

Comment

• Koehler 5era in 2017, confirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                          Tomas Telis do ya thing
                          Yep. Basically just means Telis isn't being used as a trade chip. Don't mind it since I like Telis. If Realmuto regresses Telis is a nice backup option to have. Only reason I kept bringing him up as a trade piece is that he's good enough to be a starter somewhere. Feels a bit of a waste to have him not playing on a team so often.

Comment

• I'm guessing Mathis is gone now that Jose is gone?

I'm probably the only person that wishes we still had Mathis.

Comment

• Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

I'm not thrilled about it at all, definitely wanted him back

Gonna be even more annoyed when we sign some other catcher and keep Telis in AAA

Comment

• Yeah this is the first year I actually wanted him back. He had a good year last year.

I thought Telis would be of more use as a trade chip. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X