Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I would assume that helps us a lot, no?
    Help?? 30 teams can spend 5 million every year or 150 million TOTAL instead of the current system where if u go over pool u are out for next few years and other teams get a shot. Which means 29 of them(Miami won't) likely will. I still would have loved to see us in a International Draft. Have like the #14 pick and take some 18 yr old out of Panama who know one ever heard of sign him for 10K while everyone else is hitting on 16 yr olds for a million

Oakland got screwed-imagine if this happened to JEFF.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/3...y-on-the-line/
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-01-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Help?? 30 teams can spend 5 million every year or 150 million TOTAL instead of the current system where if u go over pool u are out for next few years and other teams get a shot. Which means 29 of them(Miami won't) likely will. I still would have loved to see us in a International Draft. Have like the #14 pick and take some 18 yr old out of Panama who know one ever heard of sign him for 10K while everyone else is hitting on 16 yr olds for a million

Oakland got screwed-imagine if this happened to JEFF.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/3...y-on-the-line/
      Many teams spent a lot more than 5 million before, and now this is a hard cap each year, which levels the playing field for us. This is good news for us if we are willing to spend 5 million

Comment

Many teams spent a lot more than 5 million before, and now this is a hard cap each year, which levels the playing field for us. This is good news for us if we are willing to spend 5 million
        Well they have been tweeting out details all more and we definately won't be spending any cash because this was 1 tweet

Int’l bonus $ depends strictly on market size. Teams can trade every $ of their int’l pool. Teams can trade for up to 75% of theirs.

International caps (or pools) for teams per year actually range from 4.75M (big clubs) to 5.25M (medium) to 5.75M (small)

So it looks like deals for bigger name guys will come down and u won't be seeing 4 or 5 teams signing all of the bigger names. Example was Moncada would only be able to a deal between 4.75-5.75 unless a team traded for more $. Then Moncada would have to decide who he wanted to play for

DL trips are now 10 Days instead of 15 which means teams will look to have a AAA arm or 2 waiting just incase a game needs a break
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-01-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Well they have been tweeting out details all more and we definately won't be spending any cash because this was 1 tweet

Int’l bonus $ depends strictly on market size. Teams can trade every $ of their int’l pool. Teams can trade for up to 75% of theirs.

International caps (or pools) for teams per year actually range from 4.75M (big clubs) to 5.25M (medium) to 5.75M (small)

So it looks like deals for bigger name guys will come down and u won't be seeing 4 or 5 teams signing all of the bigger names. Example was Moncada would only be able to a deal between 4.75-5.75 unless a team traded for more $. Then Moncada would have to decide who he wanted to play for

DL trips are now 10 Days instead of 15 which means teams will look to have a AAA arm or 2 waiting just incase a game needs a break
          Love the DL change. Wish it was 7 for everyone. We have had too many times where we kept guys on our roster for a week before realizing they needed to go on the DL.

But I think, obviously if we were a team that spends money, that the new international rules would help us quite a bit because teams are now hard capped and cant sign multiples of these huge players. Teams like the Yankees and especially the Sox have cleaned up in international free agents so if we were an actual major league franchise and spent to win I would think this would help even the playing field for the great players tremendously.

Comment

Love the DL change. Wish it was 7 for everyone. We have had too many times where we kept guys on our roster for a week before realizing they needed to go on the DL.

But I think, obviously if we were a team that spends money, that the new international rules would help us quite a bit because teams are now hard capped and cant sign multiples of these huge players. Teams like the Yankees and especially the Sox have cleaned up in international free agents so if we were an actual major league franchise and spent to win I would think this would help even the playing field for the great players tremendously.
            Ya at today's prices the playing field is level BUT what happens when the market says that the Top Guys should get 2.5-3 million and it goes down from there? NYY/Boston/LA might get 2-3 Top Guys EVERY YEAR instead of 5 Top Guys 1 year and then are shut out for 3. They will get 4.75 million every year and can aquire up to 75% more thru trades.

The reason why u saw teams clean up every year was because those were the only teams with any cash. Atlanta,SD,Oakland,Philly,Milwaukee,Houston plus 2 others were the only ones who didn't have restrictions.

It's stupid to argue about since we will likely be trading our cash anyways but the CBA really didn't help out the smaller market teams
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-01-2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Ya at today's prices the playing field is level BUT what happens when the market says that the Top Guys should get 2.5-3 million and it goes down from there? NYY/Boston/LA might get 2-3 Top Guys EVERY YEAR instead of 5 Top Guys 1 year and then are shut out for 3. They will get 4.75 million every year and can aquire up to 75% more thru trades.

The reason why u saw teams clean up every year was because those were the only teams with any cash. Atlanta,SD,Oakland,Philly,Milwaukee,Houston plus 2 others were the only ones who didn't have restrictions.

It's stupid to argue about since we will likely be trading our cash anyways but the CBA really didn't help out the smaller market teams
              I obviously don't know the ins and outs of the international player market so I probably sound ignorant, but to me on the face of it this seems a lot more fair because it is a straight hard cap that you cant go over. While in previous years there might have been fewer teams that had cash to spend, teams in individual years could go over that limit from what i know and that was disadvantageous to us as a team that doesnt spend much on international players. I still wish there was an international draft to really even up the stakes but thats just bcause the team i root for unfortunately will go to any lengths possible not to invest in their team.

But ya, agreed, it wont matter if Loria is the owner and the reports are true that you can trade international money. I dont understand why they have the ability to trade international money.

Comment

• Supposedly the Nats will nontender Espinosa if they get McCutchen. I'd LOVE for us to bring him in and move Hech in a deal for an arm (or just a prospect to start restocking the system). Can't imagine Espinosa would be crazy expensive.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  Supposedly the Nats will nontender Espinosa if they get McCutchen. I'd LOVE for us to bring him in and move Hech in a deal for an arm (or just a prospect to start restocking the system). Can't imagine Espinosa would be crazy expensive.
                  Ya his numbers are pretty meh but as a SS he puts up alright numbers and as an upgrade on hech plus the possibility of getting an arm for Hech, i'd be all about that move.

Comment

• someone is going to have to explain to me wtf the braves are doing. just traded 3 prospects, albeit not good prospects, for Jaime Garcia. Unless they are just trying to collect future assets this summer hoping some of these guys have a good first half.

Comment

• Crappy prospects. Some upside for Garcia only 1 year. Worth the risk imo.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• It's weird because the Braves should know they aren't competing next season, but traded 3 prospects for a guy on a 1 year deal. No matter how 'eh' those prospects may be, the deal wouldn't make sense unless they plan on unloading Garcia at the trade deadline.

Comment

• I wouldn't be remotely shocked if the Braves have a better record than the Marlins in 2017.

Comment

• I can't wait for the Marlins to trade international money.

Comment

• So basically the cap barely matters because teams will just trade for more money?

Comment

• Loria's got to be the #1 owner when it comes to trading for the ability to not spend money.

Comment

Working...
                                X