X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
    Nats got robbed.
    Robbed? They need to invent a word on what the Nats got. WOW

Giolito and Lopez go right into MLB rotation and White Sox are talking about Quintana to Houston for Frances Martes and Daz Cameron

Crazy part is CWS still can deal Frazier,Quintana,Robertson and Abreu for even more younger guys

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
    So earlier this morning it looked like we were getting Jansen, and now it looks like we aren't? Are you going all off of that one tweet?
    We were favorites but as the day been going on the talk was he might be going back to LA and just using us for more cash. I have learned tho dont put anything on this site until mentioned by someone else

Still have a chance but like tweet said doesnt look good

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like a 3 headed monster at 1B

Hill says JT could see some time at 1B with the AJ Ellis signing
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-07-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• AJ Ellis is a solid signing. Veteran presence and all that good stuff.

I'm not going to be crying over losing the bidding war on Jansen and when the team maintains a small-ish payroll if they go out and grab 3 of Uehara/Ziegler/Hammel/Fister. That's the best that is available and I don't imagine any of them outside of Hammel getting beyond a 2 year deal.

Comment

• [tweet]806620169019805700[/tweet]

Christ...this is absurd.

- - - - - - - - - -

White Sox are taking total advantage of a shitty free agency year to rake in elite prospects via trade.

Comment

• Jansen is waiting till Chapman signs which is why nothing yet has happened. He doesnt want to sign for 80 while Chapman gets 100. Gotta love it

ESPN just said

Loria-Chapman
          Mattingly-Jansen
          Mike Hill/Delpiano-Ziegler/Uehara/Tazawa

With Jim Bowden,saying it doesn't matter what anyone wants except Jeff
          Last edited by tjfla; 12-07-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Supposedly the nats weren't high on giolito and by his minor league numbers I was never extremely high on him, but you'd think they could get more than eaton for him plus another top prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            AJ Ellis Signed 1/2.5

Surprised it's not for 2 years but always can resign him if he wants to play again

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya looks like the teams who spend money are spending it.

We can still try for Robertson but likely Ziegler/Uehara or Tazawa as setup and AJ staying at closer

So to all who didn't want Chapman OR Jansen u can now go back to complaining on how our payroll is so low HAHA
            You would never see me complaining about low payroll if it accompanied a plan. A rebuilding plan with low payroll that accompanied moves that showed this team had a plan, I have no complaints. My entire complaints surround the fact that we spend no money with no accompanying moves that show a general plan. Our entire franchise plan changes by lorias feelin by the day, and as a fan it is maddening to have a combination of a lack of a plan and a general frugalness from the owner. I don't want to see money spent for the sake of spending money to try to win if it is going to change monthly. You will see no complaints from me to sign no one if the alternative is signing Jansen and losing a first round pick. It is a maddening franchise strategic move with no actual foresight.

It is an unnecessary move to further cement how bad our farm system is for a closer when we don't need one in the slightest and we are nowhere near a playoff team. Just have a fucking plan and stick to it

Comment

• If Chapman wasn't Cuban, Jansen would already to a Marlin.

It very much appears that Loria wants Chapman as a replacement Cuban superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Supposedly the nats weren't high on giolito and by his minor league numbers I was never extremely high on him, but you'd think they could get more than eaton for him plus another top prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

You would never see me complaining about low payroll if it accompanied a plan. A rebuilding plan with low payroll that accompanied moves that showed this team had a plan, I have no complaints. My entire complaints surround the fact that we spend no money with no accompanying moves that show a general plan. Our entire franchise plan changes by lorias feelin by the day, and as a fan it is maddening to have a combination of a lack of a plan and a general frugalness from the owner. I don't want to see money spent for the sake of spending money to try to win if it is going to change monthly. You will see no complaints from me to sign no one if the alternative is signing Jansen and losing a first round pick. It is a maddening franchise strategic move with no actual foresight.

It is an unnecessary move to further cement how bad our farm system is for a closer when we don't need one in the slightest and we are nowhere near a playoff team. Just have a fucking plan and stick to it

I hear what you're saying for sure, but I also agree with the others that have said we can just trade him to help reload said depleted/terrible farm system if/when we're not competitive.

----

Does the Ellis signing potentially help our chances for Jansen beyond just Mattingly being here?

---

Maybe Loria goes nuts and signs both (yes I'm kidding).

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  I hear what you're saying for sure, but I also agree with the others that have said we can just trade him to help reload said depleted/terrible farm system if/when we're not competitive.

----

Does the Ellis signing potentially help our chances for Jansen beyond just Mattingly being here?

---

Maybe Loria goes nuts and signs both (yes I'm kidding).
                  And i understand the reload the farm system rationale, but why not both? Spend the extra money for chapman and dont throw away your first round pick for a closer on a team that is nowhere close to contending.

Comment

• Maybe Chapman is a piece of shit human being and they'd rather give up a first rounder than pay him
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      on a team that is nowhere close to contending.
                      Ok I've been keeping quiet about this but please fucking stop with that.

It's painfully obvious (to most of us on the board) that Loria will spend money this season because the All Star game is in Miami and his team will be in the spotlight.

We all know about the reckless lack of vision this ownership has shown time and time again but there are a few moves that can be made in the next 4 months which can unequivocally make the Marlins a playoff contender.

Signing Jansen (cause fuck Aroldis Chapman) is one of those moves.

Comment

• Yankees to sign Chapman for 5-years, $86M.

Well, Loria's dream is over.
                        Last edited by rmc523; 12-07-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Good. Now get Jansen

Comment

• Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Passan says we've offered Jansen nearly the same as Chapman got. 5 years, over $80 mil

Comment

• Marly Rivera:

"Aroldis Chapman just told me he was between the Miami Marlins and the New York Yankees in the end, decided to go to the Yankees.

Chapman: 'I love the (Yankees) organization. They welcomed me with open arms and that's why I decided to go back, I was hoping I had a chance to go back and it happened. Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don't it's because they never got the chance.'

On why he included the no-trade provision to California: 'I just didn't want to go that far from my family. I did have the opportunity to stay here near my house (in Florida, playing with the Miami Marlins) but no, I leaned more towards (going to) New York.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                                Passan says we've offered Jansen nearly the same as Chapman got. 5 years, over $80 mil
                                For a spot we really aren't hurting at, closer. Why didn't we just go after Hellickson if we were committed to spending that kind of cash? Plus we lose a draft pick. 13th overall. God, I hope he doesn't sogn

Comment

Working...
                                X