No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKA we're too cheap to bring in a lefty-masher.

Comment

• ST Invites

•First baseman Tyler Moore
      •SS Ryan Jackson
      •Outfielders Brandon Barnes, Matt den Dekker, Isaac Galloway, and Moises Sierra
      •Catcher Carlos Paulino
      •Righties Juan Benitez, Stephen Fife, Scott Copeland and Javy Guerra
      •Lefties Kyle Lobstein, Kelvin Marte and Caleb Thielbar

No clue who Juan Benitez is? Only stats are from 2012 however says he is 6'6 180 25

Isaac Galloway? How the hell does he have a job let alone and invite

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        AKA we're too cheap to bring in a lefty-masher.

I just saw that Chris Carter had an .821 OPS last year with a .260 BABIP. He'd have to better than Chris Johnson, right?

Comment

• Here are Chris Carter's splits vs LHP for last year:
          G:75
          PA:160
          AB:134
          R:21
          H:30
          2B:6
          3B:0
          HR:12
          RBI:31
          SB:3
          CS:0
          BB:21
          SO:43
          BA:.224
          OBP:.338
          SLG:.537
          OPS:.875
          TB:72
          GDP:8
          HBP:3
          SH:0
          SF:2
          IBB:0
          ROE:2
          BABIP:.222
          tOPS+:113
          sOPS+134
          Last edited by rmc523; 01-05-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• With Chris Carter it is more about his power than anything. If u are a team that can use a power bat i dont think the other numbers matter

Hit HR and play decent 1B
            Last edited by tjfla; 01-05-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• After missing on O'Brien(traded to KC-guess they didn't like the 25 yr old guys we have in Low A Ball) a new name has been DFA

Jason Coats OF/1B(Maybe) some power and crushes LHP

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2016/ALL
              Last edited by tjfla; 01-06-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Mike Napoli is the move at this point in the offseason. At the very least he is another power bat to add to the mix. Give him whatever for a one year deal if he will take that. Are we just content with doing nothing much with the rotation and lineup? Or are we waiting a little to drive down the prices on these remaining guys. This time period before spring training is generally where some of the most valuable contracts are signed.

Comment

• I think we're "waiting for prices to drop".....but in Marlins talk, that usually means "we want them for a fraction of the contract it'll take to sign them so we'll do nothing."

Comment

• Rich get richer and poor stay poor(Marlins)

UT Jose Miguel Fernandez signs with LAD for 200k Guess Jeff couldn't spend anymore cash(he did spend 200K in the Rule 5 draft so)

Seriously tho-he prolly signed so cheap because he wanted to play in LA but damn how do we keep missing out on talent when we have none

Comment

• That would be really weird if we went out and signed a guy named Jose Fernandez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        That would be really weird if we went out and signed a guy named Jose Fernandez.
                        Y? If he has talent sign him. Weird part is how a guy in 2014 wanted 10 million plus and he waited 3 years for an offer and only got 200K

The point is why are we missing out on guys for cheap? We have 0 talent in the upper levels

Comment

• Do I really need to explain why it would be weird?

Comment

• Plouffe to Oakland on 1 year deal

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            Do I really need to explain why it would be weird?
                            Well lucky Jose and Fernandez are NOT common spanish names-I would hate to miss out on talent because it might be weird

- - - - - - - - - -

Nothing to do with us but has anyone been following the Minnesota/LA talks for Dozier?

It is pretty funny stuff-Minnesota only wants to talk to LA about him however they also want LA to OVERPAY(De Leon,Calhoun,Bellinger) and the reason is because the owner thinks LA "steals" players from smaller market teams in the draft and IFA because guys prefer to play in warm markets and places they can get better sponsor deals in Southern Cal than Minnesota HAHA. LA has heard the rumors and countered with De Leon only!!!

Comment

• I would have liked Plouffe, especially on a 1 year deal, but I get why he'd go to Oakland. There's way more potential at bats there.

Comment

• Another Cuban goes for cheap

Luis Yander La O to Texas for 110K

25 yr old 3B who can hit,its crazy that we can't or won't pay a guy 100K to play 3B for the Popcorn Shrimp. Guess they expect a HUGGEEE year out of Avery Romero-can't block his development HAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X