No announcement yet.

Jose Fernandez Killed in Boating Accident. Really Hope there is inaccurate info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it took a bit for me to actually believe it wasn't some stupid hoax. Was just so unbelievable. I figured alcohol was involved but apparently it wasn't. Just crazy

Comment

Anyone familiar with the area knows that area is very well lit by the channel markers, the park, and the buildings. No excuse to hit the jetty unless there was some sort of impairment for the driver. Fish and Wildlife reporting there were not any alcohol or drugs found on the boat. Where the boat was found indicates it was coming back into the port. A friend of mine was out last night around this time and says there was a major thunderstorm in the area.

I am absolutely stunned and in disbelief about all this.

People already dropping off flowers at Marlins Park. Video screen outside displaying Jose's number.

Comment

Saw a great suggestion on twitter. Donate $16 in Jose's honor to the childhood cancer charity he was involved with (http://livelikebella.org/jessica-dequesada/).

Link to donate: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...72275b28239088

Comment

Press conference is so sad.

Comment

the images of Dee Gordon at the pictures mound got to me

- - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Really struggling with this one on so many levels. Can't imagine what the family and team are feeling. Fuck this.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                Press conference is so sad.
                Mattingly and Prado crying was already sad, but then Hill bawling at the end....man

Comment

I was rolling into church with my girlfriend when I saw my mom called me. I answered as we were getting to our seats because I found it odd for her to call me at 9:25 in the morning on a Sunday. As she told me, my mouth stayed wide open and I began to tear up. I left the service and sat in my vehicle by myself for 1 1/2 hours. I remember where I was when Nick Adenhart died, but this is 100x worse on me. I never got to meet Jose, but I love what he meant for baseball. I am still in shock and just can't imagine how baseball will be knowing there will never be another Jose Day. Knowing I won't turn on a Marlins game just to see him pitch again. The last start I watched was against the Braves a week or two ago when the benches cleared. Never thought I'd never get to see that again. As Nny said, when Mike Hill lost it, I lost it again. I will continue to cry on and off the rest of the day. I hate this, I absolutely hate this. This is bad for the his family and friends, fans, the Marlins and baseball. I don't know if there will be anyone that will give so much excitement. Not Kershaw, not Syndergaard, not Trout - no one will be like Jose.

Ken Rosthenthal just said "Roberto Clemente, Thurman Munson and Jose Fernandez." I agree.

Also, the Cespedes and Josh Smoker are hanging a 16 Fernandez (Mets) jersey in their dugout.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Felo Ramirez on Spanish radio loved him. Just said it's the saddest news he's ever heard. Really something for someone who's 94 years old and knew Roberto Clemente. He is devastated.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jose's girlfriend is 4 months pregnant with a girl.

Comment

Of course Jose being an expectant father is just another tragic element to this story.

This is just so terrible. I honestly still can't believe it.

Comment

It's hard for me to even acknowledge this. I just don't want it be real.

I've never been affected like this over a sports figures passing. It was just a joy to watch him play this game I love so much.

Comment

I cried this morning for the first time in many years. I can't even imagine how his family, friends and teammates feel.

I took my sons to Turner Field for a Marlins game this summer. I start choking up when I recall him running around the outfield during BP and interacting with the fans in the outfield. He must have tossed 30 baseballs into the stands that day. And then he signed a baseball for my boys on the way in to the dugout after BP.

Comment

Dee just tweeted something about it raining at his moms house, so at least the team is together helping out his family. I feel so badly for his mother and grandmother.

Comment

Yes, the whole team went in two buses according to Tony Perez on Spanish TV.

Comment

idk if this is allowed by MLB, but I would love to see the entire team wearing #16 fernandez jerseys tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X