No announcement yet.

Jose Fernandez Killed in Boating Accident. Really Hope there is inaccurate info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Fernandez Killed in Boating Accident. Really Hope there is inaccurate info

Guys, I really hope this is incorrect, but holy shit this is so awful

User Actions
    Following

Andy SlaterVerified account
    ‏@AndySlater
    Horrific news to report this morning, multiple people inform me that Marlins' pitcher Jose Fernandez was killed in a boating accident.
    Im numb. Forget the baseball side of this, just absolutely terrible. Nothing else can be said.
    Last edited by fish16; 09-25-2016, 07:54 AM.

Multiple sources are reporting it....ESPN just announced it

Comment

absolutely devastating. Never even met him but im devastated for his poor grandmother and mother.

- - - - - - - - - -

Apparently he put on instagram a couple of days ago a picture of his pregnant wife/girlfriend. I dont know how this team is going to finish up the rest of this season.

Comment

I'm numb right now. I woke up this morning to some texts from a friend of mine saying he saw Jose Fernandez at American Social (bar/restaurant in Miami) last night, about 1:30am. Then I saw this news. This doesn't seem real.
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 09-25-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

The saddest thing has nothing to do with how talented he was or how great a player he was, it is that I have never seen any athlete, regardless of the sport, seem to enjoy life quite like Jose. And not in a reckless way or anything like that. You could just see by his smile and enthusiasm and knowing his back story of how he came to America just how much he cherished and appreciated life and being in this country.

- - - - - - - - - -

Comment

fuck this.

Comment

I am absolutely without words. So sorry to his family and friends.

RIP. Gone way too soon.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Aww man what the fuck why

Comment

Just absolutely terrible. Haven't moved from the spot I first read it this morning. So very sad

Comment

I woke up to this news and it's just absolutely devestating. I'm at a loss for words.

Comment

I had to read the headline about 20 times before I could actually process/believe what I was reading.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Bravo to Eduardo Perez on sportscenter this morning. Im at the library unable to get anything done at this point so im not near a tv, but i just watched a video of what he said and he did a great job. Just a terrible, terrible day.

Comment

This is now how I expected to wake up on a Sunday morning. RIP.
                          Last edited by dim; 04-25-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I thought it was a hoax. I havent left my bed. Woke up to texts. Unreal. So sad. Especially he was expecting a child too.

Comment

"Some of the same things that you see in the highlights, it wasn't an act. It was him," McGehee said. "He was full of energy. He was a competitor. It didn't matter if it was playing cards on a plane or a sim game or pitching in the big leagues."

But he also had a big heart, McGehee said.

"The toughest part for me has been having to tell my son," McGehee said, choking back tears.

McGehee's son Mack has cerebral palsy and formed a close bond with Fernandez.

"I think everybody knows about my son and some of the struggles that he deals with," McGehee said. "A lot of people don't really know how to treat him. But for some reason, Jose had a heart for him.

"I'd get to the field and it wasn't like, 'Hey Jose, do you mind keeping an eye on him while I hit?' It was, Jose coming to grab him and they were together from the time I got to the field to the time my wife came to pick him up. I think that really says a lot about what was truly in his heart and what kind of a guy he was."
                              http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...fernandez.html

Comment

Working...
                              X