No announcement yet.

Jose Fernandez Killed in Boating Accident. Really Hope there is inaccurate info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're spot on. It's a shitty thing to "debate", it's a terrible tragedy and sucks for the city of Miami as Jose was an inspiration to many here.

- - - - - - - - - -

I will say this though in defense of the two who were killed; if you're a 20 something bachelor living in the city of Miami and Jose freakin Fernandez invites you out for a spin on his boat...you're going. Nobody is telling him no. Now whether or not they tried to talk sense into him when he started driving like a you know what...we will never know.

Comment

20 year old Namaste goes with Jose on that boat in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
        Really, that is your concern??? What about the families of the two people that Jose killed with his recklessness, two people who weren't millionaires and families didn't have that much already to start with.

- - - - - - - - - -

I mean I think less of myselffor the stupid shit i did when i was young so I absolutely will be one of those people who will think much less of Jose Fernandez knowing he is directly responsible for the death of two people because of his actions and also leaving a child he knew was on the way behind.

They arent mutually exclusive. I am concerned for his family especially now that they have a daughter to raise with no income and potentially no estate. That doesn't mean that I don't have concern or empathy for the other families involved.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          20 year old Namaste goes with Jose on that boat in a heartbeat.
          I'll add that 20 year old Namaste tells Jose to slow the fuck down when he went got into the 40-45 MPH range.

Comment

I'll add that 20 year old Namaste tells Jose to slow the fuck down when he went got into the 40-45 MPH range.
            I'd like to think I would as well. That's the thing we will never know though if one these guys told him to slow down but who knows how a coked up and very drunk Jose reacted to such a request. That's why the civil suit sure to come is well deserved and I do hope these families take a very large part of Jose's estate and I have no concern for that side.

Comment

I'd like to think I would as well. That's the thing we will never know though if one these guys told him to slow down but who knows how a coked up and very drunk Jose reacted to such a request. That's why the civil suit sure to come is well deserved and I do hope these families take a very large part of Jose's estate and I have no concern for that side.
              seems just a tad heartless that "you have no concern for that side" and that you hope these families take a very large part of his estate because a 24 year old or whatever he was made a mistake when he was drunk. That doesnt make what he did ok, but he made a mistake. I'm 23 years old with law school debt and no multimillionaire salary and I make stupid decisions at American Social specifically all the time.

Comment

I'd like to think I would as well. That's the thing we will never know though if one these guys told him to slow down but who knows how a coked up and very drunk Jose reacted to such a request.
                I was surprised at how short the entire journey was after reading the report. It seemed as though they went out into the ocean and turned right back around and the whole thing only took a few minutes. Before we knew that, I just kind of assumed that they had gone out, cruised (or floated) for a while and then headed back in.

Comment

That's why the civil suit sure to come is well deserved and I do hope these families take a very large part of Jose's estate and I have no concern for that side.
                  This sounds harsh to me. Jose has a baby that needs to be taken care of.

Comment

This sounds harsh to me. Jose has a baby that needs to be taken care of.
                    Come on now. The baby will be fine financially even if they take 90% of Jose's estate. Where I do feel bad for her is not getting to grow up with her birth father due to his negligence.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    seems just a tad heartless that "you have no concern for that side" and that you hope these families take a very large part of his estate because a 24 year old or whatever he was made a mistake when he was drunk. That doesnt make what he did ok, but he made a mistake. I'm 23 years old with law school debt and no multimillionaire salary and I make stupid decisions at American Social specifically all the time.
                    His mistake and stupid decision killed 3 young people. How many of those do you make "all the time"? Maybe some good will come from this tragedy if you and others your age can see and learn from these true and real life consequences suffered from being reckless while out drinking.

I honestly don't think I am being too harsh here, I think Marlin fans are just looking at this from the sports fandom viewpoint and can't separate that from the crime committed.

Comment

I don't know if this is the right place to post this interview with Loria, but it seemed appropriate as much of it was about Jose.

It seems like Loria is a different person in private compared to the public image we have of him. He said they're making a 10 foot tall Jose statue that'll go in the plaza.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...-jeffrey-loria

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        I don't know if this is the right place to post this interview with Loria, but it seemed appropriate as much of it was about Jose.

It seems like Loria is a different person in private compared to the public image we have of him. He said they're making a 10 foot tall Jose statue that'll go in the plaza.

I read that earlier today. It's a good read. I was actually getting worried that I was starting to feel sympathy for the man. Then he said this:
                        "I probably know as much about baseball and the game itself and the history of the game as anybody who's ever owned a team."
                        and my faith in his douchery was restored.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

I read that, and while I think he sounded good in that article, i dont think he has this overwhelmingly bad public image. I just think he is a terrible owner. He isnt evil, he's just a bad owner. I actually have a worse view of him in private than in public, since the consensus seems to be that he meddles way too much and refuses to spend money.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, in regards to him buying Jose the most expensive bag when jose didnt want to make him spend a lot of money on him, he probably spent more money on that bag than he has invested in scouting and drafting and signing international players.

Comment

Working...
                          X