No announcement yet.

9/1 - 9/7 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't be trading prospects for pitching coaches. I honestly don't care what Benedict's reputation was, I was upset when I found out they traded away Williams.

It's just another case of the Marlins front office not valuing their own prospects the way they should be valued, and other teams taking advantage. We are a team that lacked SP depth in the minors when we made that trade and gave away one of our last legitimate pitching prospects (even if basically no Marlins fans other than me still believed in him).

He looks damn good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
      Shouldn't be trading prospects for pitching coaches. I honestly don't care what Benedict's reputation was, I was upset when I found out they traded away Williams.

It's just another case of the Marlins front office not valuing their own prospects the way they should be valued, and other teams taking advantage. We are a team that lacked SP depth in the minors when we made that trade and gave away one of our last legitimate pitching prospects (even if basically no Marlins fans other than me still believed in him).

He looks damn good this year.
      Agreed about trading players for coaches but what do u want Jeff to do? Send them money or something? HAHA

They value them(better prospects get traded) however they have pretty much zero ability to put them in the correct spots. If Williams was here we would have been in AA until midseason and then AAA. They want the minor league teams to win and it is much easier to win with 28 yr olds in AA(even tho they looked solid in AAA before) then it is to have 20 yr olds in AA getting exp

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Agreed about trading players for coaches but what do u want Jeff to do? Send them money or something? HAHA

They value them(better prospects get traded) however they have pretty much zero ability to put them in the correct spots. If Williams was here we would have been in AA until midseason and then AAA. They want the minor league teams to win and it is much easier to win with 28 yr olds in AA(even tho they looked solid in AAA before) then it is to have 20 yr olds in AA getting exp
        The only team better than .500 is Jupiter. Clearly winning isn't important.

Comment

To be fair Greensboro would have been over .500 before all the trades. Paddock, Naylor, and others were removed from that team.

Comment

The Marlins quietly fired seven on-field minor league coaches/instructors (including Double A manager Dave Berg) after their seven farm teams went 222-321 this season.

One Marlins official said he’s not sure there’s a single future starting position player in their minor-league system.

Advisor Jack McKeon (not the aforementioned official) said minor-league pitchers Luis Castillo and Dillon Peters have a chance to be No. 3 big-league starters.

Still, I would expect the farm system to improve, over time, under the eye of respected Marc Delpiano, who was hired away from the Pirates last offseason.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
            From Barry Jackson.

Comment

They do the same thing all the time. They draft crap,don't sign any talent and trade the good stuff BUT it's never Jeff or the FO problem. The problem is the coaches and instructors

They dont have a position player who can start-Brian Anderson is the closest and likely not till 2018

Comment

That is all true, but we also have a bunch of guys who find a lot better success one they are traded from us.

Comment

Working...
                X