Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Purposely Acquire Francouer

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 59s59 seconds ago
    Source confirms: Francoeur to #Marlins, int'l signing dollars to #Rangers, minor-league SS Dylan Moore to #Braves.

We get Francouer AND give up int'l signing dollars. When faced with that you gotta pull the trigger!

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    We get Francouer AND give up int'l signing dollars. When faced with that you gotta pull the trigger!
    Been rumored since Francouer cleared waivers.

Matt Foley also in deal-40th Rd Pick LY.

Not really needed but for a 40th Rd Pick and cash we were never spend u might as well get something

Comment

And they'll probably DFA Arcia, who is considerably better, to open up a spot for him

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        And they'll probably DFA Arcia, who is considerably better, to open up a spot for him
        Probably however Arcia likely passes thru since we claimed him from TB. Means about 25 other teams passed on him before

Does 2 things tho gives Mattingly that vet he loves and he can't kill us when we play the Braves

Comment

Why on earth would we take francouer over Arcia if that truly is the plan? I think we will go with 5 outfielders until September and we can carry everyone.

Comment

.256/.289/.376 vs the Marlins since 2012. He's not a Marlins killer anymore. Just shit.

Comment

His numbers are ok against left-handed pitchers, if his only role is to give Ichiro a rest against lefties I'm fine with it.

I will be upset if they DFA Arcia over Andino though. I would hope Andino would be the one going down. Hell maybe even Chris Johnson since he hasn't had much of a role since we called up Scruggs.

Comment

Mattingly mentioned he was acquired because they wanted a true OF and not have to put an INF out there in a playoff race. My guess is Andino goes and Arcia stays.

Comment

Marlins Purposely Acquire Francouer

Ichiro has an OPS vs lefties that is 100 points higher than Francouer.

.843vsLH, .728vsRH

The Marlins got cash in this deal too, HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Comment

Agreed he doesn't need a platoon partner, but also Ichiro will not be able to hold up playing every day.

Comment

Marlins Purposely Acquire Francouer

Agreed, should have started Arcia vs righties a good chunk of the time

Marlins stumble into a former top 40 prospect with 42hr in 1000mlb pa and immediately replace him with a dude who hasn't been good since 2011. They're the best.

Comment

Agreed, should have started Arcia vs righties a good chunk of the time
                        When you've followed this organization for as long as we have, you just know when some things aren't going to happen. This is one of them.

- - - - - - - - - -

I honestly think for the last 40 or so games, given similar ABs, I think Arcia vs. Francouer is mostly a wash. Now if we lose Arcia because of Francouer's presence this season, then it's a huge fuck up, until then it's not a big deal.

Comment

.843vsLH, .728vsRH

Ichiro has been considerably better against LHP than RHP for awhile now. It's actually very ridiculous how they've used him in that regards.

- - - - - - - - - -

I kind of want to buy a frenchy jersey just because of how awesome it is that he's a marlin

Comment

Jeff Loria sweating the money since, well, FOREVER.

Comment

.843vsLH, .728vsRH

Of course he got cash in the deal,the IFA Cash is NOT real cash it just lets teams like Texas who spend cash to sign talent keep signing talent every year instead of every 3 years. So anytime Jeff can get actual paper cash he will want it

I would DFA Andino who would make it thru easily and could be brought back if needed. Arcia is a guy who has a legit chance to be on the team next year however u never know with this FO. It is like the Ege decision,Ege got DFA so we could add and bring up Narveson for a week

- - - - - - - - - -

Fish fans are still the best. We give up nothing in the deal(Foley likely is cut by us and the IFA spots are words on a paper-not really money or anything just MLB clerical) and the fans wanna know why instead of signing prospects with those slots we traded them for Frenchy HAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X