Marlins Vs. Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    what do you want them to do, dude? create-a-player?
    how about just dont bother going after anybody if the answer is francouer. Francouer is, and has been for years at this point, absolutely awful. He's been quite bad for a very long time.

Or if they put enough resources in their minor league system they wouldnt have to give up other resources to get a 5th outfielder. It all goes back to them not spending money in the first place. And did we seriously just acquire cash in this fucking trade too? This management is a fucking joke.

I know its not just us with the publicly funded stadiums but there should be some sort of criminal act defined by exactly what they've done. Promise to spend money if they get $500 million in tourist tax payer dollars and then not spend anything despite the fact that everyone knows they have the money to spend. It's criminal.
    Last edited by fish16; 08-25-2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      how about just dont bother going after anybody if the answer is francouer. Francouer is, and has been for years at this point, absolutely awful. He's been quite bad for a very long time.

Or if they put enough resources in their minor league system they wouldnt have to give up other resources to get a 5th outfielder. It all goes back to them not spending money in the first place. And did we seriously just acquire cash in this fucking trade too? This management is a fucking joke.

I know its not just us with the publicly funded stadiums but there should be some sort of criminal act defined by exactly what they've done. Promise to spend money if they get $500 million in tourist tax payer dollars and then not spend anything despite the fact that everyone knows they have the money to spend. It's criminal.
      so you simultaneously want them to do something and nothing. right on.

going back to core issues, like not investing in the minor league system and always taking less in trades to acquire cash, does absolutely nothing with regard to the here and now.

you can lament the penny pinching way this ownership group runs the team all you want, but it's pretty stupid to get all up in arms about them not acquiring some stud in the middle of august to replace stanton. that player does not exist. you can't acquire something that is not available.

in order for something to be criminal, it has to involve illegal activities. supposed unfulfilled or broken promises aren't criminal unless there is a binding contract compelling such promises to be carried out.

it's fair to dislike the team's ownership, but that doesn't throw rationality out the window. direct your anger at the politicians who didn't achieve the kind of deal you would have liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
        so you simultaneously want them to do something and nothing. right on.

going back to core issues, like not investing in the minor league system and always taking less in trades to acquire cash, does absolutely nothing with regard to the here and now.

you can lament the penny pinching way this ownership group runs the team all you want, but it's pretty stupid to get all up in arms about them not acquiring some stud in the middle of august to replace stanton. that player does not exist. you can't acquire something that is not available.

in order for something to be criminal, it has to involve illegal activities. supposed unfulfilled or broken promises aren't criminal unless there is a binding contract compelling such promises to be carried out.

it's fair to dislike the team's ownership, but that doesn't throw rationality out the window. direct your anger at the politicians who didn't achieve the kind of deal you would have liked.
        No, i'd like them to do something that helps the team when needed, but I also see moves like this as completely unnecessary if they built their team like a major league organization should. There is no need to give up anything to acquire a player like this if you built a competent minor league system. The Cardinals never make moves like this because they invest heavily into scouting and player development and have for a long time and that time period has a cumulative effect. Obviously giving up cash and internaitonal signing spots for Francouer isnt a big deal. But the cumulative effect of consistently having to give up talent, assets, and resources for mediocre pieces because we have injuries over time leads to the position we are in now. 1 deal like this doesnt make a difference, but when you consistently have to give up resources because you didn't put enough resources into your own minor league system it has a cumulative effect, shown by the complete lack of prospects anywhere in our system.

The cardinals on the other hand don't cheap out at the draft, don't cheap out in talent development, and thus never really have to make moves like this. They almost always have a player in their minor league system who can come up and fill a need. They've been doing it for years now. And its not just shitty minor league players, they have actual talent in their system that has come from putting resources into their system so that when they have the inevitable injuries that every team goes through, they can still make the playoffs when they lose their ace (Which they have like 3 different times with multiple different pitchers and hitters like Carpenter, Wainwright, Holliday at times and others). The marlins on the other hand completely tank and have for years now any time serious injuries come along. Thats because we dont put any money into talent development or the draft, and its what leads to guys like Don Kelly, Robert Andino, Narveson, Jo Jo Reyes, Breslow among many others from previous years who have no right to be on a major league roster. And those are just guys who have made appearances for us this year. I can go through previous years and the names I can throw out who have spent time on our roster is pathetic. And with our low payroll it is especially crucial that we invest in our minor league system and player development and we simply do not do that.

Obviously I know what they are doing isn't criminal, but most people do not understand the lengths in which Loria and the front office people completely butcher just about every move they make.

Edit- And on another note, because the cardinals do it in that manner they almost always have the pieces to make a significant move if they need it, not just acquire guys like Francouer to fill roles when there are injuries.

Comment

Be a Cardinals fan?

And, I mean, you're preaching to the choir here but I think most of us have gotten to the point of not caring. It's either lower how much you care or change affiliates. If it wasn't for the fact that coming here is a decade long habit, I severely doubt I'd follow anything baseball related. It sucks loria and co have done that to so many people, but life moves on

Comment

Precisely.

I'm basically addicted to the pain of being a Marlins fan (with the euphoria of 1997 and 2003).

Battered wife syndrome.

Comment

Lol Hechavarria

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                Be a Cardinals fan?

And, I mean, you're preaching to the choir here but I think most of us have gotten to the point of not caring. It's either lower how much you care or change affiliates. If it wasn't for the fact that coming here is a decade long habit, I severely doubt I'd follow anything baseball related. It sucks loria and co have done that to so many people, but life moves on
                absolutely. I have no interest in being a Marlins fan. Or a dolphins fan for that matter. Ive just been conditioned my entire life to be a marlins fan, damn my parents for living here. I was there for every home playoff game in 2003 and technically i was there for the game 7 in 97 but i was like 3 or 4. I think if 2003 never happened i wouldnt be a marlins fan by now. But maybe not considering im a dolphins fan and theyve literally only brought me pain.

And I would love to be numb to Loria but it bothers me now more than ever for some reason. Every last move bothers me to my core.
                Last edited by fish16; 08-25-2016, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Hech would hit what should've been a double play ball on the first pitch.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have to think we have to break through soon with how hard they're hitting everything, but right at everyone.

Comment

When is the last time Dee hit a ball out of the infield?

Comment

That's the ballgame good night

Comment

Dee Gordon can eat shit.

Comment

Well sucks to lose 2 of 3, but at least we didn't lose ground and will still be 1.5 games out of the wild card (but also sucks we couldn't make up ground).

Comment

So neutral to bad, I'd say.

Comment

1 XBH in the series (an Ozuna double in game 1)

Comment

I'd very highly consider trading Ozuna and Jose in the offseason. Jose to the red sox and take advantage of their farm system because Jose isnt re-signing here and the possibility he gets hurt again and we get nothing for him, and Ozuna because I dont think he is anything special. He is a solid hitter but he's just that, solid. He's never going to be more than an .830 OPS kind of guy which is solid, but if you can trade him for a quality SP and get another outfielder like benintendi from the red sox in a jose deal i'd do that in a second.

Moncada, Devers, Benintendi, Kopech for Jose. I would do that in an absolute heart beat. Not sure the sox would though.

Comment

Working...
                                X