X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Vs. Royals

Woops.

We losing 1-0.

Waste of a lead off double by Ozuna. They've had opportunities but haven't been able to push through.

Comment

man i really hope we get rid of Hech in the offseason. its been 4 years at this point can we admit a lost cause? His occasional spectacular play does not outweigh the fact that he is simply a terrible hitter. I'd rather go with fucking Rojas over Hech at this point.

Comment

Ozuna taken out of the game?

Comment

injured, just what we needed.

Comment

They're trying to take themselves out of the race, aren't they?

- - - - - - - - - -

Family emergency apparently.

Comment

family emergency, not injured.

Comment

Ozuna left because of a family emergency, thankfully not injured. Hope all is good with him. Kinda weird timing in the middle of a game though so id assume something is not good.

- - - - - - - - - -

and as i say that they show video of him clearly shaken up in the field. Hope everything is good with his family.

Comment

I hate losing these 1-0 games.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    I hate losing these 1-0 games.
                    Top of the 9th

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Top of the 9th
                    Nevermind the bottom of the order is coming up

We did lose

Comment

jesus. enough of hech. Is it just me or should Rojas be starting?

Comment

I knew what inning it was lol, I just knew we weren't going to score.

Bench him

Comment

Hech took a step forward last year, but this year has been absolutely horrendous. Consistently bad the entire year. OPS by month starting from April: .603, .626, .636, .682, .532.

Comment

I hope everything with Ozuna is OK.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              jesus. enough of hech. Is it just me or should Rojas be starting?
                              Finally replacing Hechavarria with someone who is, at absolute best, equal to him would be Peak Marlins. Rojas isn't any better and can play the other IF spots, so it makes sense to keep them in their current roles.

Rojas OPS is 13 points higher than Hechavarria. But Hech is 12.3 UZR/150 and 11 DRS at SS while Rojas is -2.3 UZR/150 and -3 DRS. Rojas is a better defender than those numbers, small sample size theater. But, he also has a career .598 OPS and .618 minor league OPS, so most likely the more you play him, the less he's going to hit.

I've given up on Hechavarria as a starting SS for this team. He has value in a better offense that can hide him. This team isn't it. But, Rojas isn't the answer either.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hech's one area of value is also offset by the fact our genius front office built an elite defensive IF...and a pitching staff that allows the 2nd highest % of flyballs in the NL.

Comment

Working...
                              X