White Sox @ Marlins, 8/12-8/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    who cares about that? So we can see this team just being a little more mediocre than they have been in previous seasons? Thats a meaningless stat without a playoff appearance.
    I'd hope the last sentence would show I'm being facetious and mocking how bad the team has been for a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      Stanton and Conley to the DL. Urena and The Legend of Robert Andino called up
      Frisaro says it's Cervenka, not Urena. SEASON BACK ON

Comment

Ichiro
        Prado
        Yelich
        Ozuna
        Johnson
        Andino
        Mathis
        Hech
        Koehler

What a lineup

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          I'd hope the last sentence would show I'm being facetious and mocking how bad the team has been for a very long time
          Didn't see that last sentence but that notwithstanding, you know the front office would tote us finishing a game over .500 as huge progress anyway when we would only be that mediocre because of how much this front office has held back the future of this team for 5 years +. I'm at the point where I obviously want this team to win because Im a diehard fan and have lived and died with the team my entire life, but I don't mind us losing because it doesn't allow Loria or this front office to see success. I think the coverage of just how terribly Loria is running this team is so small compared to what it should be. Every single move is the height of incompetence and complete and utter asset mismanagement. Almost every single move fits into one of 2 areas- 1) Us making a move that in certain ways can help the team, but in general hurt the team in the long run and are made worse by money grabbing moves or 2) Us making a move that shows this front office has absolutely no clue what they are doing and are borderline incompetent and don't know how to manage their own assets.

This franchise in general is so pathetic and I think the still small crowds this late in the season shows how, no matter how successful this team could be, Loria has no chance of succeeding with the fans down here in perpetuity. He will forever be a money chasing terrible owner, probably the worst in the history of South Florida.

- - - - - - - - - -

jesus that lineup has 5 consecutive outs at the bottom of it.

Comment

If Stanton and Bour are done for the year, does this team hit 15 hr combined the rest of the season?

Legitimate question

Comment

Lets play the game "how badly can the marlins screw up their injury diagnosis this time?" I've got the Marlins saying both guys will be back in 15 days when they will actually be out for the year.

Also what are the chances we can move Stanton to 1b? I understand he is a solid RF but RF appear to be a lot easier to find than 1b, it will reduce injury risk with him running all over the outfield, and 1b isnt the hardest position to master. It's easier to find a guy who we can slide in at RF for the next few years and Bour could fetch us something quality in a trade.

- - - - - - - - - -

And why the fuck would Andino be the one we called up? He sucks first and foremost, and doesn't play OF all that much. He is most suited to the positions we have unlimited options with. At 2b and SS we have Gordon, Hech, Rojas, Dietrich. If Andino is our 26th guy it is yet another indictment of the front office being awful.

Comment

Gearing up for the stretch run!!

Conley and the Bigger Hurt(More for time on DL) sent to DL while Cervenka and Andino up. Guess Destin Hood,Scruggs dont add much but power. Guessing Andino gets the call up to replace DD as the backup at 2B/3B and will let him play LF as Yelich moves to CF and Ozuna to RF

- - - - - - - - - -

Lets play the game "how badly can the marlins screw up their injury diagnosis this time?" I've got the Marlins saying both guys will be back in 15 days when they will actually be out for the year.

Also what are the chances we can move Stanton to 1b? I understand he is a solid RF but RF appear to be a lot easier to find than 1b, it will reduce injury risk with him running all over the outfield, and 1b isnt the hardest position to master. It's easier to find a guy who we can slide in at RF for the next few years and Bour could fetch us something quality in a trade.

- - - - - - - - - -

And why the fuck would Andino be the one we called up? He sucks first and foremost, and doesn't play OF all that much. He is most suited to the positions we have unlimited options with. At 2b and SS we have Gordon, Hech, Rojas, Dietrich. If Andino is our 26th guy it is yet another indictment of the front office being awful.
                U move DD to LF and Andino becomes the backup at 2B/3B with Johnson,Rojas and DD at 1B.

Andino STARTING at 2B today

Also Bigger Hurt getting MRI today which means the groin strain will turn into a torn groin.
                Last edited by tjfla; 08-14-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

You can't lose Stanton and then say the solution you've come up with is to call up a backup 2nd baseman. They have to make a move for another bat. Carlos Gomez is readily available. So is ARod. Not great options but certainly better than Andino.

Comment

I'd sign them both now. Get rid of Johnson and Andino.

- - - - - - - - - -

Btw, it shouldnt surprise any of you that we are breaking down again. No matter the record of our team up until august, it seems as if the end of the season consistently brings us a terrible stretch year in and year out, mostly due to the lack of depth being exposed due to injuries. Its gonna happen yet again.
                    Last edited by fish16; 08-14-2016, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Considering St. Louis is also considering adding Gomez, I say you might as well try and take a flier on him, especially if Stanton is going to be out an extended period of time (which I think we all agree, is the likely scenario here).

Comment

Mattingly saying Chen likely to be out the rest of the year. Shocking.

Comment

Btw, it shouldnt surprise any of you that we are breaking down again. No matter the record of our team up until august, it seems as if the end of the season consistently brings us a terrible stretch year in and year out, mostly due to the lack of depth being exposed due to injuries. Its gonna happen yet again.
                          I agree. Every season this team has one of these months where they fall way out of it. September 2005, August 2008, May 2009, June 2011, June 2012, September 2014, May 2015. It only seemed like a matter of time.

BUT, you still have a 4-gamer against Cincinnati which, even if Stanton is out, is still worse than us. Win a few games there and with St. Louis playing just as poorly as we are, maybe it's just good enough to weather the storm here.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                            I agree. Every season this team has one of these months where they fall way out of it. September 2005, August 2008, May 2009, June 2011, June 2012, September 2014, May 2015. It only seemed like a matter of time.

BUT, you still have a 4-gamer against Cincinnati which, even if Stanton is out, is still worse than us. Win a few games there and with St. Louis playing just as poorly as we are, maybe it's just good enough to weather the storm here.
                            It has literally every time been due to the fact that we are too cheap to ever add the quality depth every team in MLB can use. Any time someone in our lineup has an injury we have a below replacement level player as our depth and that creates these huge holes in the lineups, especially when these injuries pile up. You want to see how an actual major league team builds depth, look at the Cardinals. They have major injuries every single year and are still in the playoffs every year. Having injuries is not an excuse to lose an entire season due to a bad stretch of games while the players are out. We are such a poorly run organization.

Comment

Conley re-aggravated the finger injury that sent him to the DL by hitting the top of the dugout celebrating a HR. That's so marlins.

Comment

To be fair, no matter how good your depth is, being down 2 starters, closer, 1st baseman, and right fielder is tough for anyone. They need to add another bat ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X