X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So he's out for the season then?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Did he look funny running last AB? Or was I imagining things?

- - - - - - - - - -

How did Ramos break his finger?
      Much like race horses IF they look like crap then something must be wrong. No one seems to know how he hurt his finger but u know it must be broken

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      I bet you Narveson gets the call before Brice as the long guy, and if we need a long guy in both these remaining games against the Giants we're in trouble.
      Brice has been a 1 or 2 inning guy the last 2 months or so. They see him as David Phelps in the pen(however likely needs another year) Surprised Steckenrider didnt get added instead of Narveson but guess we need that lefty in the pen. Maybe we can trade a prospect or 2 for another AAA loogy

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Can Realmuto play 1B?

There is no timeline for Bour coming back (we all know that).

Realmuto 1B, Mathis catching everyday (he elevates the rotation too much).

Gotta love how people on this board were destroying Mathis for signing a 1 yr deal and most of the season too. Tomas Telis Fan Club members!!!! Now they want him catching everyday HAHA

Saying for years,pitchers love the guy and is a perfect backup

Comment

• It's the #SummerOfMathis

Comment

• Dee is hitting .333/.434/.400 and the offense is averaging 6 runs a game since he returned

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            How did Ramos break his finger?
            Apparently against the Phillies, fielding a bunt. He was pitching with it but it's been gotten worse with more use.

Comment

• [/QUOTE]Gotta love how people on this board were destroying Mathis for signing a 1 yr deal and most of the season too. Tomas Telis Fan Club members!!!! Now they want him catching everyday HAHA

Saying for years,pitchers love the guy and is a perfect backup[/QUOTE]

Which people?

Comment

• Gotta love how people on this board were destroying Mathis for signing a 1 yr deal and most of the season too. Tomas Telis Fan Club members!!!! Now they want him catching everyday HAHA

Saying for years,pitchers love the guy and is a perfect backup[/QUOTE]

Which people?[/QUOTE]
                hate on tj all you want but everyone was pissed

Originally posted by dim View Post
                I think the only other major league move we've made is re-signing Mathis (which I'm amazed we're going to reach year 4 of Mathis...I just have no words how he's able to maintain a major league career hitting worse than most pitchers).
                Originally posted by dim View Post
                I understand the pitchers absolutely love Mathis and in 2013 he was huge in Fernandez's development, but his hitting is so bad that he doesn't belong on a major league roster. He'll be a great coach, but to keep giving him a million dollars to fill a roster spot that could be better served on somebody else is a bit annoying.
                Originally posted by lou View Post
                They resigned Jeff Mathis

You got to be fucking kidding me
                Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                Mathis is likely our big signing for the offseason. I don't know what you all think, but I think we won the offseason with this move!

Originally posted by nny View Post
                Tellis will be 25 next year. Pretty old for getting ab's in AAA
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I've never been a fan of making Telis the backup. I really don't think it would work out, and would be doing both Realmuto and Telis a disservice. I did think we could do better than Mathis, though. I mean come on, he hit .161 last year with a .504 OPS. Anyone saying they saw this increase in offensive production coming (and still his OPS is only .641) is a liar.

Comment

• What Nick said. Overall this is one of my least favorite syndromes in sports fandom. Why does the unexpected overachievement of a player have to turn into a game of "I told you so"?

Comment

• Tellis is miscast as a backup and Realmuto isn't deserving of giving up the starting job or being thrust into a split.

I still think Tellis deserves a look, just probably won't be in Miami. Which is fine.

Comment

• I've always liked Mathis as a back up. Yeah, he can't hit but he's almost other worldly with the starting rotation.

Comment

• I like the thinking by Dietrich there, but I still think that's a little too aggressive at this point in the game. 1st-and-3rd with nobody out is almost a guaranteed run and I bet you they don't score now.

Comment

• Why does Perez keep calling Angel Pagan "Andrew Pagan?" Or am I just hearing him wrong?

Comment

• I mean, we traded a good, young, cost controlled reliever for Tellis and then re-signed Mathis. That's an incredibly dumb succession of moves and fits the constant theme that they have no actual plan in place.

Comment

• I have never seen what you all seem to see in Telis. I'm not in the Mathis camp really here either but if you're picking between Tomas Telis or Jeff Mathis, it doesn't seem like your options are really that good either way.

Personally, I'd like to have Mathis and still have Sam Dyson.

Comment

Working...
                                X