No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Rockies 8/5-7/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand anything Mattingly did today.

Comment

Love the move. Arrows away!

- - - - - - - - - -

Back in sole possession of the 2nd wild card. Jose on the hill tomorrow.

Comment

For the record I thought using Rodney there was pretty genius. He gets a save and it's the softest save possible with a 3-run lead. Felt like a last ditch effort to get him going. We'll see if it pays off.

Comment

I agree with Nick and McLovin.

Ichiro gave such a boss post game interview. Guy must have gotten SO much trim in his day with that voice and demeanor.

God Bless Ichiro and God Bless The Marlins.

Comment

I'm actually thrilled he got it on the road. Don't let loria profit off ichiro anymore, fuck that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              For the record I thought using Rodney there was pretty genius. He gets a save and it's the softest save possible with a 3-run lead. Felt like a last ditch effort to get him going. We'll see if it pays off.
              Mattingly said Ramos had some finger issue and that's why Rodney was used, so apparently I was giving him too much credit.

Comment

i think you guys may have been underselling the ramos mindfuck if he got passed over for a save opportunity while healthy. if he wasn't feeling good to go, then this is the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  Has Mathis ever had 3 hits in a game? Haha
                  he just did it on July 30, it'd been almost 4 years before that though

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    he just did it on July 30, it'd been almost 4 years before that though
                    What a genius resigning by Loria!! Hahaha

Comment

• He's hitting .321/.345/.509 since June 10. What a world.

We're also 13-2 in his last 15 starts.

Comment

• So....Ichiro gets cut now that he can't make Loria any more money on "road to 3,000" marketing anymore right?

Comment

• Anybody else see Ichiro roast Justin Bour in the postgame news conference. Something about his body feeling so heavy in his first 3 ABs, that he felt like Justin Bour.

Comment

• So yes, it was probably was due to Ramos being unavailable, but would there be some good psychological effect to let Rodney save every game where the Marlins have a 3-run lead in the 9th?

I get the feel that it means a lot to him to get a save from time to time, to shoot that invisible arrow into the sky, and if it leads to him pitching better more often, I'll take it, especially since the concept of a save is dumb as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Anybody else see Ichiro roast Justin Bour in the postgame news conference. Something about his body feeling so heavy in his first 3 ABs, that he felt like Justin Bour.
                              https://instagram.com/p/BI1BjwDgEEz/

Comment

Working...
                              X