• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Place Colin Rea on 15 Day DL 17 Seconds After Acquiring Him

Unreal, boys. Unreal.

Ogando up.

See you in 18 months, Colin

I'm interested in the level of concern we had about his elbow going into the trade. did the Padres know anything about it considering he had elbow issues in the past?

- - - - - - - - - -

But I think this honestly might be better for the rotation. He's not that good, not sure why we needed him in the Cashner deal. I like Phelps as our number 5 better than him. Plus because we won't get rid of Dunn, Ellington would have been the odd guy out due to his options, but this makes room for him in the bullpen. I assume Ogando goes down after the game for Bour.

But we had
    Jose
    Conley
    Cashner
    Koehler
    Rea

with a bullpen of Ramos, Rodney, Barraclough, Phelps, Dunn, McGowan, Wittgren.

Now we have
    Jose
    Conley
    Cashner
    Koehler
    Phelps

with a bullpen of Ramos, Rodney, Barraclough, Ellington, Dunn, McGowan, Wittgren. Thats a very good bullpen. On a side note, Wittgren to me has been incredibly underrated for the better part of like 4 years now both in the minors and majors. He's gonna be our closer within the next few years I think. Unless they are willing to sacrifice more walks in exchange for more K's and go with Barraclugh. Either way I believe we should trade Ramos this offseason if we can get a nice few prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Unreal, boys. Unreal.

Ogando up.

See you in 18 months, Colin
      Same injury as Chen.

Probably but that is the reason u get medical records and give physicals. Marlins have NO problem rejected a guy cause of medicals so they likely didnt see much of anything

Phelps wont be in rotation long if at all,they are all over the SP market. Tons of #5 starters can be had

Comment

"Tons of #5 starters can be had"

....as long as the other team pays 99.9999% of their salary.

Comment

Well should know tommorrow about Rea(if they didn't already)

MRI Tommorrow. Calling Dr James Andrews

The thing people should realize tho is SD was asking us for Naylor AND Castillo for Cashner and gotta think "injured" Capps was dealt for Guerrero and 2.25 million. So Rea cost us Cosart and prolly little bit of Capps,even tho likely gone it's not like we paid out of our ass for him

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          "Tons of #5 starters can be had"

....as long as the other team pays 99.9999% of their salary.
          Ivan Nova would cost as much as Narveson/Breslow did. Some in the FO are trying to convince Jeff that they would need a SP for next year and anything under 10 million would be less than they would have to pay in FA. Which is why u hear us looking at Miley,Volquez,Nolasco still
          Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I'd be all over Volquez.

Comment

Hope he is OK.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
              X