Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow yeah, lost me at capps

i don't mind overpaying in this market but wow

my guess is unless SD is picking up cashner's contract we're about to spin mike dunn somewhere
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Capps part is very weird

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Why include Capps??
        Cosart and Capps both arbitration eligible. Guessing they didn't want to commit a few bucks to them for guys they don't trust anymore.

Comment

• Just surprised that this four player package couldn't net more than Cashner and Rea. Did we get hung up on that we absolutely needed two MLB starting pitchers in a deal?

Comment

• I feel like they could've gotten something better for Capps.

And again, if Cosart/Capps are included because of arbitration, that only points right back to what we were just discussing....money/Loria's cheapness.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              Cosart and Capps both arbitration eligible. Guessing they didn't want to commit a few bucks to them for guys they don't trust anymore.
              That and bullpen is pretty set already(besides lefty) for next year unless an injury. Ramos,Rodney,Phelps,Wittgren,Elington,Urena

Comment

• So we don't trade Capps at
                The deadline last year when we could have gotten a very good prospect but we include him as a throw in along with our top 2 prospects for a number 5 starter impending free agent. Being a knowledgeable Marlins fan is one of the least fun and most excruciating experiences. Literally makes me feel most of the time that j wish I didn't like baseball

Comment

• I have a hard time believing the Padres demanded that Capps be included in the deal to make this happen. That's a puzzler.

Comment

• Guerrero is our type of RP tho. 6'8 210lbs throws 95-100 and is wild as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                      Just surprised that this four player package couldn't net more than Cashner and Rea. Did we get hung up on that we absolutely needed two MLB starting pitchers in a deal?
                      They must really love Rea which is the only rational thing I can think of as to why they'd do this.

That's fine, but I don't see why they would have opinion. Guess we'll see.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lvAuuXiI8I

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          I have a hard time believing the Padres demanded that Capps be included in the deal to make this happen. That's a puzzler.
                          Off sets salary which is my guess. They save $250k probably moving him. You know Loria wants that??

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I have a hard time believing the Padres demanded that Capps be included in the deal to make this happen. That's a puzzler.
                            Maybe to get Guerrero in the deal?? Cheaper arm?

No clue why tho especially since the NYY were interested in him.

Maybe Capps fails his physical? HAHA. Doubtful tho

Comment

• Yep, I hate to sound like tj, but this trade reaks of Loria.

Comment

• Don't get the need for Capps to be included.

Comment

Working...
                                X