No announcement yet.

Marlins Acquire Andrew Cashner and Colin Rea from Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we got Buchter i would be a lot more ok with the deal. But it's really weird how we can get all these names really quickly after the deal is completed but the last few names take hours to trickle out.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      If we got Buchter i would be a lot more ok with the deal. But it's really weird how we can get all these names really quickly after the deal is completed but the last few names take hours to trickle out.
      Cause usually headliners are known. Its like the Sam Dyson trade a few years ago,deadline passed and no one knew about it till like 20 mins after.

Comment

Cosart is the major leaguer.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Cause usually headliners are known. Its like the Sam Dyson trade a few years ago,deadline passed and no one knew about it till like 20 mins after.
          I understand, its just weird to me that teams will tell reporters some of the deal when the entire deal is already finalized. why keep the last few names secret?

Comment

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 2m
            The #Marlins will also send RHP Jarred Cosart to the #Padres in the Andrew Cashner/Colin Rea deal, sources said.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

wut

Comment

ohhh Hugg beat me to it. Nice.

Comment

Do we get someone else back too?

Comment

We had to have gotten something else back besides those 2 if we gave up Cosart too. He is garbage but why on earth would we give him up as well if we didnt get another piece as well. I'd be thrilled if we got Buchter and a bench bat as well.

Comment

I still haven't seen Castillo mentioned as being in the trade anywhere other than that highly speculative Passan tweet.

Comment

Loria does love one stop shopping (I.e. Toronto deal)

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          I still haven't seen Castillo mentioned as being in the trade anywhere other than that highly speculative Passan tweet.
                          Same here and I know they were hoping to use them both in different deals BUT SD were asking for them both last week so still possible

Especially since Cosart is zero value right now

Comment

Bowden has him in it. Which doesn't instill me with confidence.

But I'm not arguing he won't be, just want to see more confirmation.

Comment

Jayson Stark is saying Cosart in it too.

There has to be more coming back to us right?

Comment

My feelings about the deal are pretty meh. I'm more annoyed about how things have transpired over time to the point where this is the "best" the Marlins could do when they are in a position to compete. Going cheap and not making smart choices in drafts have come back to hurt at a time they are finally fielding a competitive team.

Comment

Working...
                                X