• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elbow Sprain for Chen. So either TJ or out for months on rehab

Paging Dr James Andrews!!!

Comment

Hope he is OK.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I think guys to look out for if we get Hellickson are Luis Castillo and guys in the greensboro rotation like Cody Poteet among others. Judging by the reports we're gonna wreck our lower minors teams worse than they already are.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          I think guys to look out for if we get Hellickson are Luis Castillo and guys in the greensboro rotation like Cody Poteet among others. Judging by the reports we're gonna wreck our lower minors teams worse than they already are.
          Well they can't wreck the upper levels much more. We actually have some nice prospects(well nice to scouts and teams)casual fans have no clue who any of them are. Trading Castillo for Hellickson wouldn't be that bad. Would be trading a RP for a SP

Thing people forget is while no one likes trading prospects,a 20 yr old isn't gonna help your team reach the playoffs anytime soon and most usually don't make the majors any way. We see Castillo as a SP however most teams see him as a RP(Think Leo Nunez) and our pen is pretty. This is the same with Brigham,Poteet,Farnworth-we have them as SP but scouts around he league see them as RP.
          Last edited by tjfla; 07-25-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Well they can't wreck the upper levels much more. We actually have some nice prospects(well nice to scouts and teams)casual fans have no clue who any of them are. Trading Castillo for Hellickson wouldn't be that bad. Would be trading a RP for a SP

Thing people forget is while no one likes trading prospects,a 20 yr old isn't gonna help your team reach the playoffs anytime soon and most usually don't make the majors any way. We see Castillo as a SP however most teams see him as a RP(Think Leo Nunez) and our pen is pretty. This is the same with Brigham,Poteet,Farnworth-we have them as SP but scouts around he league see them as RP.
            Ya i have no problem trading lower minors guys. Even guys that do reach the majors from there range wildly in their productivity at the major league level, and youre talking 3-4 years down the line.

Even most top pitching prospects that are supposed to be #1-2 starters a lot of times end up settling in long term as #3-4 guys in the rotation.

We haven't been to the playoffs in 13 fucking years, go for it. Our system is bad to begin with.

Comment

Working...
            X