Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Wei-Yin Chen Injured, Jarred Cosart to Start

Craig Mish ‏@CraigMish 39m39 minutes ago
    Big win but bad news for @marlins hearing tonight there could be a significant injury to a starter potentially season ending.
    Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater 11m11 minutes ago
    SLATER SCOOP: Wei-Yin Chen will not start as scheduled Monday, per sources. @CraigMish first hinted at an injured Marlins pitcher.
    Fuck. He's been bad but still a huge loss. Makes the trade deadline enormous.

- - - - - - - - - -

Cosart coming up to start Monday. Urena and Cosart back to back. We're gonna be making a trade fairly soon.

Hope we don't overreact and give up to much.

Imagine this is why he's been bad.

Comment

Yeah, there's no other explanation for how unremarkable this guy has been all year.

Possible blessing in disguise that this happened before the deadline and not after?

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        Yeah, there's no other explanation for how unremarkable this guy has been all year.

Possible blessing in disguise that this happened before the deadline and not after?
        As bad as he's been, I find it hard to believe that we're going to be able to pick up a solid guy for Urena's spot the rotation and now also replace Chen with an equally effective starter. We just don't have the minor league talent.

Comment

Yeah, our only hope is Cosart suddenly remembers how to pitch.

Don't hold our breath.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Fuck. He's been bad but still a huge loss. Makes the trade deadline enormous.

- - - - - - - - - -

Cosart coming up to start Monday. Urena and Cosart back to back. We're gonna be making a trade fairly soon.

Hope we don't overreact and give up to much.
            i wish we even had too much to give up and then overreacted and did it.

Comment

I think we will find away to add a good starter and then one of those guys who can come in and just be an OK #5. This is a pretty big blow but I hope its not a 1 year recovery period for Chen, just something that will keep him out for the rest of this year. Our need for another SP this offseason just got even bigger.

And I think we have enough in the system to get 2 OK guys. Talking about guys like Santana, Cashner, Millone. You have to figure one of Dee, Adeiny, or Dietrich is gone at the deadline

Comment

The other wild card is that Jose is currently on pace for 200 IP which I'd be fine with but they said they want him capped around 180 (and I'm assuming they won't Strasburg him and shut him down in the playoffs), so at some point between here and the end of the season he's having 3 starts skipped.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I really hate that. I understand being cautious but he's been fine. 1 start maybe in August or something I would understand but unless he shows signs of wavering I'd like to see him continue to build up his innings and not hold him back.

Comment

Start today will determine how many arms we go get.

Discussing Cashner for Naylor and more,Hellickson for Dunn and prospects.Nolasco and/or Milone for prospects

Looks like they are trying to hold onto DD(which is why we are out on Chapman) and trade prospects like Naylor,Castillo,Steckenrider and RP like Ellington,Dunn,Urena(unless he looks good again today)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    Yeah, our only hope is Cosart suddenly remembers how to pitch.

Don't hold our breath.
                    Well has looked like crap in GCL,Jupiter and NOLA so
                    Last edited by tjfla; 07-24-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Cashier does nothing for me. Ervin Santana is the guy I want. His career numbers are incredibly consistent.

Comment

Cashier does nothing for me. Ervin Santana is the guy I want. His career numbers are incredibly consistent.
                        Well he is owed like 40 million dollars and Minnesota has told teams they won't pay anything on his contract AND want a Top Prospect for him

Nolasco is owed like 12 million and we are trying to get them to pay for most of that. The thinking is 4-6 million for Nolasco isnt bad but Milone is more likely. Cheaper,Lefty and the FO wanted him before

U need to attend a Jeff Loria meeting-Rule #1 Don;t spend any more cash than u need to!!! U want us to get guys without looking at the salary. Jeff's priority is cash then talent!!
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-24-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Well he is owed like 40 million dollars and Minnesota has told teams they won't pay anything on his contract AND want a Top Prospect for him
                          Lol so they're not going to deal him then.

Comment

Lol so they're not going to deal him then.
                            Bro I know its hard to believe but this team does NOT spend cash. U think we are like all these other teams who when the Trade Deadline comes the owner says Add 10 million no problem.

In years past we had the Dodgers send us crap in return for not having to pay the salary

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Bro I know its hard to believe but this team does NOT spend cash. U think we are like all these other teams who when the Trade Deadline comes the owner says Add 10 million no problem.

In years past we had the Dodgers send us crap in return for not having to pay the salary
                              when did I ever say we spend cash? I was saying no team is giving up a top prospect and paying ervin santana 14 million a year for the next 3 years through his age 36 season so they aren't going to trade him at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X