Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Draft

fish16
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish MLB would move to a draft system where each pick automatically got a specific salary and bonus. Theyve made strides to make it more even but there are way too many signability games being played in the MLB draft that leads to teams like the marlins always missing out. Granted, MLB can just say that they should just spend fucking money, and I agree, but there should be a system that emphasizes picking the BPA, not the one most likely to sign for the amount of money a team is trying to spend.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fish16 View Post
    I really wish MLB would move to a draft system where each pick automatically got a specific salary and bonus. Theyve made strides to make it more even but there are way too many signability games being played in the MLB draft that leads to teams like the marlins always missing out. Granted, MLB can just say that they should just spend fucking money, and I agree, but there should be a system that emphasizes picking the BPA, not the one most likely to sign for the amount of money a team is trying to spend.
    They already have that now. The problem is u can draft college seniors/juniors/eligible soph,hs, jc , puerto rican players which means guys have leverage not the team.

What u mean BPA? According to Stan Meek the Marlins draft the BPA on their board every draft

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we signed 28 of 41 as of right now and have saved almost $740K as of 6/23. Bennett is getting 225K of it and we havent signed Hock,Braley,Roberson,Mercado,Givin

Miller and Dunand are headed to GBoro. Believe when I see it but would be nice to see guys fast tracked for once. If so guess Dunand is gonna get to try out SS since they don't have one and Miller would be paired with Bird and Knapp to form an OF that are 3 of the same exact player
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-23-2017 at 09:51 PM.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draft makes alot more sense tho now. If they are gonna put 4-5 of these guys in Gboro and fast track them i have no issues with how we drafted. Knowing us tho we will put 5 guys in Gboro and they 3 of them will still be there in 2019 for some reason