Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Draft

fish16
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish MLB would move to a draft system where each pick automatically got a specific salary and bonus. Theyve made strides to make it more even but there are way too many signability games being played in the MLB draft that leads to teams like the marlins always missing out. Granted, MLB can just say that they should just spend fucking money, and I agree, but there should be a system that emphasizes picking the BPA, not the one most likely to sign for the amount of money a team is trying to spend.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fish16 View Post
    I really wish MLB would move to a draft system where each pick automatically got a specific salary and bonus. Theyve made strides to make it more even but there are way too many signability games being played in the MLB draft that leads to teams like the marlins always missing out. Granted, MLB can just say that they should just spend fucking money, and I agree, but there should be a system that emphasizes picking the BPA, not the one most likely to sign for the amount of money a team is trying to spend.
    They already have that now. The problem is u can draft college seniors/juniors/eligible soph,hs, jc , puerto rican players which means guys have leverage not the team.

What u mean BPA? According to Stan Meek the Marlins draft the BPA on their board every draft