Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Draft

fish16
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish MLB would move to a draft system where each pick automatically got a specific salary and bonus. Theyve made strides to make it more even but there are way too many signability games being played in the MLB draft that leads to teams like the marlins always missing out. Granted, MLB can just say that they should just spend fucking money, and I agree, but there should be a system that emphasizes picking the BPA, not the one most likely to sign for the amount of money a team is trying to spend.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fish16 View Post
    I really wish MLB would move to a draft system where each pick automatically got a specific salary and bonus. Theyve made strides to make it more even but there are way too many signability games being played in the MLB draft that leads to teams like the marlins always missing out. Granted, MLB can just say that they should just spend fucking money, and I agree, but there should be a system that emphasizes picking the BPA, not the one most likely to sign for the amount of money a team is trying to spend.
    They already have that now. The problem is u can draft college seniors/juniors/eligible soph,hs, jc , puerto rican players which means guys have leverage not the team.

What u mean BPA? According to Stan Meek the Marlins draft the BPA on their board every draft

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we signed 28 of 41 as of right now and have saved almost $740K as of 6/23. Bennett is getting 225K of it and we havent signed Hock,Braley,Roberson,Mercado,Givin

Miller and Dunand are headed to GBoro. Believe when I see it but would be nice to see guys fast tracked for once. If so guess Dunand is gonna get to try out SS since they don't have one and Miller would be paired with Bird and Knapp to form an OF that are 3 of the same exact player
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-23-2017 at 09:51 PM.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draft makes alot more sense tho now. If they are gonna put 4-5 of these guys in Gboro and fast track them i have no issues with how we drafted. Knowing us tho we will put 5 guys in Gboro and they 3 of them will still be there in 2019 for some reason

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjfla View Post
    Looks like we signed 28 of 41 as of right now and have saved almost $740K as of 6/23. Bennett is getting 225K of it and we havent signed Hock,Braley,Roberson,Mercado,Givin

Miller and Dunand are headed to GBoro. Believe when I see it but would be nice to see guys fast tracked for once. If so guess Dunand is gonna get to try out SS since they don't have one and Miller would be paired with Bird and Knapp to form an OF that are 3 of the same exact player
    We are down to 440K under budget with only Mercado and Givin unsigned. Unless they are signing one of the Redshirt Soph we will have alot of cash remaining
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-03-2017 at 10:30 PM.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only team who signs over 35 players and still has 440K remaining(3 solid HS prospects after Rd 11 u could have gotten with that instead of 3 23 yr olds who will be released in Feb) Best part is we should have around $750K remaining but for some reason(guess might as well give them slot not like u need it elsewhere) they decided to give guys slot cash from Rd 8-10 when all 3 would have signed for pennies

Gotta love cheapskates and idiots Gonna be so nice to have an owner who is fine with spending cash and a FO who actually drafts talent instead of 23 yr olds and guys his scouts like but no one else does

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$350,000 UNDER Pool with only Matt Givin left to sign. The rest like Leger,Holton,Roberts have said they wouldn't sign but maybe $250-350K would change a mind?

Still hilarious how teams are dying trying to sign guys to stay under the hard cap while the Fish have 3rd Rd Cash just sitting there with no one to give it too. Maybe Jeff thinks he can trade the $??? LOL

Montana Parsons got the highest bonus after Rd 18 at $100,000

https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/marlins
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-05-2017 at 12:48 PM.

flamarlins93
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had read on twitter a week or so ago that Holton was undecided as to wether he would sign or not. Givin is in the same boat undecided.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamarlins93 View Post
    I had read on twitter a week or so ago that Holton was undecided as to wether he would sign or not. Givin is in the same boat undecided.
    Well Givin,Holton,Leger and Roberts each get a "free $125,000" so we have about $475,000 for 1(3rd Rd Cash) OR break the cash up and give 2 guys $300,000 each(5th Rd Cash)

Maybe we will sign 1 or 2 guys

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Fish with another head scratcher to end the signing season. If u can't figure out why we can't have a good minor league system it is because moves like this.

Matt Givin(#400 by BA) was givin $458,000 to sign. While it's nice to see them sign guys they draft why do we always draft and overpay for project guys instead of just taking talent? We do the same in the IFA market-signed 2 guys like 2 years ago for $500,000 each just because they were both 6'5 230lbs(Mike Stanton clones). Both of them are no sitting in the DR unmployment line. Like said its nice they are at least signing guys but I wish they would stop overpaying for "projects" and get talent instead.

Unsigned guys who could still sign are JD Osborne,Elliott Barzilli and Jared Price(All seniors so no limit)