Marlins @ Phillies 7/18 - 7/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    they were also +1 against us in a series in which they dropped 2 of 3.

run differential is helpful directionally but has its limits.
    I don't know why they are so injured seemingly every year, but it shows just how much better their team is run that they can have this many significant injuries, and even the death of their top prospect a couple years ago, and still be a very good team consistently.

Comment

Hey Urena made it through an inning without being ass.

Comment

IF he can make it through 5 innings and only give up 2-3 runs we should be thrilled.

Comment

You know I really hope this guy figures it out because with the stuff that he has, there's no reason why he shouldn't be a really good ML arm, even if it is out the pen.

Comment

Holy crap Prado is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
              You know I really hope this guy figures it out because with the stuff that he has, there's no reason why he shouldn't be a really good ML arm, even if it is out the pen.
              I was so high on him in the minors. I thought he was the perfect backend rotation guy and he improved in all aspects every year. From 2011-2014 he had 29 walks each year and improved his innings pitched each year and had a 3 ERA and fairly low WHIP each year. He also started off last year great in NOLA and something happened when he came up that was unlike him his entire minor league career, he couldn't throw strikes consistently. I think there is still hope for him, but i see him very likely involved in a deal at the deadline

Comment

Urena throwing gas right now. 99 MPH was the last pitch.

Comment

jesus Blaylock is so bad. her reports are complete and utter cliche sports fan nonsense.

Comment

which is what you get from the majority of sideline reporters - all the rest of ours, recent past and present, included.

your reverse-obsession with her is somewhat strange.

Comment

There's something......eh....robotic (for lack of a better word) about her though that past sideline reporters haven't had.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        There's something......eh....robotic (for lack of a better word) about her though that past sideline reporters haven't had.
                        and we've had previous sideline reporters who have actually provided insightful things. not what the first 5 replies she got from her followers on twitter about how they feel about the marlins first half.

Comment

Stunned about how well Urena pitched, and I give Mattingly shit all the time, but that was good timing on getting Urena out of there.

Comment

Yeah I was surprised to see Mattingly take out Urena before the wheels came off.

Comment

Our bullpen this year once we got Ellington, Barclay, wittgren, etc, has been absolutely incredible. IF we were able to acquire a lefty reliever in a trade with a starting pitcher i would put ours in the top 5. Can't really compete with the Yankees but ours has been pretty damn good. If Mike Dunn is ever finally off the team I might faint.

Im not sure why we kept Wittgren in the minors so long, he has been ML ready for a while.

- - - - - - - - - -

We really need to inject some offense in this lineup tonight. Wheres Don Kelly when you need him?

Comment

I complement Mattingly and he goes in and brings the dynamic duo of Dunn and Don Kelly in in a tie ballgame bottom of the 9th. Thank God we've got Kelly in that 9th slot so Dunn can go more than one inning.

- - - - - - - - - -

In my fucking face.

Comment

Working...
                                X