Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does Launching Hechavarria Net Us in the Current Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Launching Hechavarria Net Us in the Current Market?

I'm 4 Miller Lite's deep so bear with me. The Marlins really need to make the playoffs now. Not in 2018. Now.

Deitrich gets on base way too much for him not to start.

Dee Gordon comes back and we move him to SS.

What does Hechavarria, Naylor and a draft pick get us in the starting pitching market?

nothing.

upgrade your beer selection.

Comment

I think it gets you in a conversation with somebody but ultimately it won't be enough. You can get Rich Hill with that, but I don't think it's smart to move that much for a rental who's questionable at best. As far as Odorizzi is considered, it probably would be enough most years but not enough in 2016 considering he's maybe the 2nd or 3rd-most valuable SP on the market right now.

Boston set the market when they dealt for Pomeranz. You gotta match it and still a team is not gonna move for that, even with Hech being an established big leaguer at this point, because someone will have a better package than that.

And honestly, this might be the best they have to offer (unless they're willing to give up on Dietrich or Bour).

Comment

i think that if you can get anyone who is an upgrade without trading an mlb level guy, you do it in a heartbeat. trade the farm (whatever's there). this is your window. win now and fuck tomorrow.

Comment

the problem with this plan is that once you get to the playoffs, you lose dee
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

i'd rather just put Dee at SS and Dietrich at 2b and have Adeiny as our defensive guy in the late innings. His bat just isn't good enough. I was hoping he would continue to improve each year and eventually become competent but he just can't hit. I would take our lineup over almost any other with Dee in there instead of Hech.

Dee
            Realmuto
            Yelich
            Stanton
            Ozuna
            Bour
            Prado
            Dietrich

Thats 1-8 with all above average hitters at the least.

Comment

I think putting Dee at SS is a bigger risk than you guys are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                I think putting Dee at SS is a bigger risk than you guys are making it out to be.
                I think in general the impact one guy makes defensively in MLB is overblown. Is Dee a lesser SS than Hech? yes. But the few times that might become apparent over the course of the rest of the season will pale in comparison to the improvement that Dee will show over Hech at the plate.

- - - - - - - - - -

And if it is a huge issue than we can always switch back, but Hech just can't hit. Plus with him off the bench we would have so much late inning flexibility defensively because Dee, Dietrich, Prado, Chris Johnson, among others can all play multiple positions.

Comment

Random, but looking at Hech's career stats, it's incredible how terrible he was in the first year here in 2012. .565 OPS. 25 extra base hits all year. 11/21 in stolen base attempts. .267 OBP. Like really, really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    Dee was a SS in 11/12 and probably could have been had for one of those beers u were drinking. He moved to 2b and became alot better

As for Hech,DD is probably more valuable to most teams especially AL ones because of his bat and fact he can play 5 spots. I know people don't want him dealt especially with Dee out of the playoffs but the thought is they need an arm more than a UT guy which he will become

Our trade chips are going to be DD,Naylor,Urena,Wittgren/Ellington,draft pick. With the draft pick only meaning something to a few teams(Minn/Atl/SD/Oak/Philly) They are also floating Koehler,Kolek,Capps names out to teams but not really talking about them unless a team starts talking medicals like NYY did with Capps

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Dee was a SS in 11/12 and probably could have been had for one of those beers u were drinking. He moved to 2b and became alot better

As for Hech,DD is probably more valuable to most teams especially AL ones because of his bat and fact he can play 5 spots. I know people don't want him dealt especially with Dee out of the playoffs but the thought is they need an arm more than a UT guy which he will become

Our trade chips are going to be DD,Naylor,Urena,Wittgren/Ellington,draft pick. With the draft pick only meaning something to a few teams(Minn/Atl/SD/Oak/Philly) They are also floating Koehler,Kolek,Capps names out to teams but not really talking about them unless a team starts talking medicals like NYY did with Capps
                      I realize Dee was at one point a SS, but he wasn't even a good 2nd Baseman defensively until last year, in which he was amazing, but that doesn't mean he'll be a good or even decent shortstop.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                        nothing.

upgrade your beer selection.
                        Great contribution to the thread.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        the problem with this plan is that once you get to the playoffs, you lose dee
                        Rojas and Hechavarria have the same OPS.

Couldn't we just insert Rojas at SS in a playoff scenario? How much of a defensive downgrade is he?

Comment

I understand Dietrich has a shit ton of value to AL teams but to me he also has a huge value with us too. I don't want him in any deal. He is a quality bat at several positions its hard to find quality bats at

Comment

I dont know why they dont kock the tires on reacquiring Eovaldi. He has been...mediocre this year so I doubt the price would be sky high, and the stuff is there he just needs to figure it out.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Please god no Eovaldi.

Comment