No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Cardinals 7/15-7/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly do not understand the rationale behind Dunn having been on this team for so long at this point. Its not like he's up and down really, he's literally just been fairly bad. A 3.56 ERA and 1.38 WHIP as a reliever is pretty bad for the guy with the most appearances in team history.

Agreed that ellington should be up here instead of him. Im not even a huge fan of Ellington but that's obvious. I don't understand why the marlins are being so weird about some of these roster decisions as they relate to guys on the 40 man roster. I get the not sending McGowan down because of possibly losing him, but there are a lot of wasted 40 man roster spots this year on bums. If we have to add one of these other guys to the 40 man roster to bring them up here we should be doing it. Guys on the 40 man currently: Dunn, Ege, Cody Hall, Cole figueroa, Don Kelly, Perez, Gillispie.
    Last edited by fish16; 07-16-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

What's not to like about Ellington? He's a young pitcher that throws in the upper 90s and has an ERA around 2 in his 36 career MLB innings.

Comment

Don Kelly in the starting lineup. This is really unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          What's not to like about Ellington? He's a young pitcher that throws in the upper 90s and has an ERA around 2 in his 36 career MLB innings.
          he has bad control

Comment

Let's win this series.

Comment

don kelly, ladies and gentlemen

Comment

Followed by Mathis...

Comment

lol

Comment

LOL thats one way to get it done

Comment

That's just about the hardest he's hit a ball all season

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        he has bad control
                        I guess you really don't like Barraclough.

Comment

If Ellington vs. Dunn is about control, then Dunn still loses.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I guess you really don't like Barraclough.
                            Im not a huge fan. MY biggest thing with relievers is the ability to throw strikes. Is he good? Yes obviously, his stuff is unreal, but he is limited in his potential because I can never feel comfortable putting him in a close game because his BB/9 is simply bad. I thought it was kind of ridiculous when one of the analysts on ESPN put him in his mock all star team before the picks came out.

Comment

Can we get Allison Williams back?

Comment

Ya I don't listen to the game with the sound on anymore most of the time. The color guys and the sideline girl are not good.

Comment

Working...
                                X