X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluff Piece: D-Train Derailed: Don't Feel Sorry for Dontrelle Willis

Great read here: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/d-train-derailed/
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

The most likable Marlin ever. Barely edging out Heath Bell. Good read thanks for posting.

Comment

I'll never forget, I think it was in 2004. Spring Training game (Daft's favorite thing) in Vero Beach, he had pitched that day and was about to get on the bus after the game, and there was a big group of people waiting about 40-50 feet from the bus hoping some players would come over and sign autographs. He's the only one that did, and spent a good 15-20 minutes signing for every single person, joking and talking to everybody. Super class act.

Comment

Saw him hit a grand slam at shea. Probably the most enjoyable game I've ever been to well with the exception that it was played in a dump.

Comment

Pretty cool that many of my D-Train memories are him pitching and hitting.

-One-hitter against the Mets.
          -Grand slam against the Mets.
          -Home run in Puerto Rico against the dearly departed Expos.
          -The entire 2005 season.
          -Triple in Game 4 of the NLDS.
          -Getting shelled in Game 4 of the NLCS.

Comment

That homer in Puerto Rico was so awesome. Out of the stadium.

- - - - - - - - - -

So we have about a million different broadcasters this year with Fox Sports. I wonder if they approached Dontrelle. I think he'd be fantastic.

Comment

Working...
            X