No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, we can't. You can't even trade them as ptbnl anymore.

Any ptbnl in a trade has to have been eligible to be included in the trade at the time of the trade.

Comment

Yeah I meant as a PTBNL. I didn't know that was the case now. Boo.

Comment

Frisaro is a good laugh on twitter. He throws out ERA's and then says "Pitching isn't bleak"

Someone should ask him who are #5 starter is and there ERA

Comment

Anyone see this story today? Another 120 million for Jeff to put in his pocket,I mean spend on the team!!! HAHA

Jon Heyman Verified account
          ‏@JonHeyman

Jon Heyman Retweeted Scott Soshnick

massive payday for MLB teams -- about $120M per team. MLB is doing just fine.

Jon Heyman added,
          Scott Soshnick @soshnick
          Disney Said to Buy Stake in MLB’s Video Arm in $3.5 Billion Deal http://bloom.bg/295QVTC #sportsbiz #MLB

Comment

Marlins worked out Gourriel, per Jon Heyman.

They'll offer him 60% of what he'll actually get signed for.

Comment

Marlins were scouting the Sonny Gray vs Ervin Santana matchup. Santana threw a 2 Hit Shutout.

I wonder if Oakland would take the offer that they got for Gray from us in the offseason? U know Marcell Ozuna HAHA. Love how none of these teams were willing to give up a good young arm(We were asking for Top guys and getting counters of #5 arms) and now we call them and that is the first name they ask for.

Just for the record I wouldn't trade him for a SP

- - - - - - - - - -

A name that keeps popping up especially when we talk to AL teams tho is DD. AL teams love he can play 1B,2B,3B,LF and DH.

Comment

The Red Sox and Marlins brought scouts to Rich Hill's start Thursday against the Astros.
                - rotoworld

What would a guy like that take? I'd move like a Kendry Flores, can't see that requiring a Dietrich
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  - rotoworld

What would a guy like that take? I'd move like a Kendry Flores, can't see that requiring a Dietrich
                  Oakland which means Billy Beane will start with DD. He is the exact type of guy they like-multiple postions and cheap

Our issue is we have no farm system. Our trade chips are IFA Cash,Draft Pick,DD and a few minor league arms(Urena). We aren't LA which would say we will take his salary and send u 3 non prospects,we are Miami which would say u pay his salary and we will pay more

Teams are actually asking for Yelich or Ozuna which is why u havent heard us "talking" much yet. We tried to get Chapman from NYY and the talk was they wanted ML players in return-they actually asked for one of them HAHA

Comment

DD is a Beane type player but he's also a major part of this team right now.

Urena and Flores seem like the types of guys they'd like too.
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

DD is a Beane type player but he's also a major part of this team right now.

Urena and Flores seem like the types of guys they'd like too.
                      O I agree with u,I am just saying what has been mentioned. Alot of these teams would take a Urena,other prospect,Draft Pick but if u are talking to Oakland/TB then it won't be that easy. We have NO farm system and to a team like Oakland or TB-DD would be gold. There was some mention about a Erasmo Ramirez/Nick Franklin deal after TB asked for Yelich or Ozuna for Moore/Odorizzi BUT has been quiet lately

We are in on alot of arms so we will prolly get 1,it is just a matter of who they can get. Names like Santana,Hill,Gray,Hellickson,Odorizzi,Moore,Ramire z,Liriano

- - - - - - - - - -

I dont think they wanna trade DD but with the lack of system they might need to is what I am saying

Comment

I have to wonder what kind of traction arms in the bullpen would get if they are included in a deal.

I can't help but think that, while Bearclaw and Ellington on their own is not much, they'd be nice pieces in a trade for a SP arm. I mean, we have some flexibility to move guys out the pen now with Rodney. I like them but we can survive without them, but can't really survive without another solid arm in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                          I have to wonder what kind of traction arms in the bullpen would get if they are included in a deal.

I can't help but think that, while Bearclaw and Ellington on their own is not much, they'd be nice pieces in a trade for a SP arm. I mean, we have some flexibility to move guys out the pen now with Rodney. I like them but we can survive without them, but can't really survive without another solid arm in the rotation.
                          Not sure they are willing to deal a Bearclaw,Ellington,Wittgren. The deals they keep talking involve Urena,other prospects and the draft pick they will likely get. The only reason they moved Paddack for Rodney was the fact he is signed for cheap next year. They want a SP on the cheap-like people have said u really only need 4 SP in the offseason(Jose,Chen,Conley,?)so while they want another SP they have told teams they aren't going to pay a crazy price UNLESS its a premium arm

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Not sure they are willing to deal a Bearclaw,Ellington,Wittgren. The deals they keep talking involve Urena,other prospects and the draft pick they will likely get. The only reason they moved Paddack for Rodney was the fact he is signed for cheap next year. They want a SP on the cheap-like people have said u really only need 4 SP in the offseason(Jose,Chen,Conley,?)so while they want another SP they have told teams they aren't going to pay a crazy price UNLESS its a premium arm
                            you actually don't need any SP in the offseason

(I know what you meant)

Comment

you actually don't need any SP in the offseason

(I know what you meant)
                              Very true a Phelps(1-3)/Wittgren(4-5)/Ellington(6)/Bearclaw(7)/Rodney(8)/Ramos(9) game might actually be better than Cosart or Nicolino(1-3)/McGowan(4-5)/Dunn(6) We are down 8-0

Comment

Can never had to many no hit/all glove guys in the system

Traded Eric Jokisch for Pedro Ciriaco

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...medium=linker-

- - - - - - - - - -

Also even tho this kid is a mess and probably would have been released if we did sign him. OF Andrew Toles got the call up for LA. Was a 4th Rd Pick

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2016/ALL
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-08-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X