Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waltz just mentioned we have talked to TB and SD. Odorizzi and Pomeranz

A RP to watch from SD is Fernando Rodney. SD actually matches up well with us. Urena,Draft pick,IFA Cash are all things that would interest them

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by kusch View Post
    Realistically I wonder if Capps will have some value to some teams that can afford to wait for him to get healthy.
    Ya he would have value to us. Capps isn't going anywhere especially since still cheap

Comment

Trade Dee Gordon for a pitcher

Comment

Heyman Tweeted that we're interested in Bud Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
          Heyman Tweeted that we're interested in Bud Norris.
          Alot more likely target. Cheaper than the others and Atlanta would love our pick and IFA cash

Comment

shouldn't we be targeting guys who are actually upgrades?
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              shouldn't we be targeting guys who are actually upgrades?
              Over Paul Clemens/Cosart pretty much anything is an upgrade

The issue we are running into is nothing to use in a trade. TB asked for Yelich or Ozuna HAHA. 3 of our Top 5 Prospects are hurt,Stabbor is long ways away and Dean is at best a 4th OF

We aren't gonna use all our IFA cash and we trade the pick every year. I would rather use it and get Bud Norris then some 24 yr old A Ball player

Comment

Not sure if this is accurate but looking at this website and says our payroll is $72,168,994(Everything-salaries/bonus/Salty's money)

If it is we are #29 in terms of payroll(like everything)

Pretty interesting if true

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/miami-marlins/payroll/

Comment

Marlins discussing Chapman and Rodney.

Comment

Do we even have the pieces to land one of those guys?

Comment

I'd be cool with getting Chapman and stretching him into a starter gradually. I don't think back end of the bullpen is a huge need right now.

Comment

Do art pieces count?

Comment

Has anyone ever clarified what type of artwork Jeffrey Loria sells? I'm sure it's stuff you would see in a Motel 6 or EconoLodge.

Comment

He sold a single painting a couple years ago for $32.6 million.

Comment

Originally posted by kusch View Post
                              Marlins discussing Chapman and Rodney.
                              They have been on Rodney like a week now. Match up well with SD but looks like they are gonna hold onto him until the deadline to get the max

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Party View Post
                              Has anyone ever clarified what type of artwork Jeffrey Loria sells? I'm sure it's stuff you would see in a Motel 6 or EconoLodge.
                              Has anyone ever clarified that Jeffrey Loria even sells it? With all the money he saves,I am surprised he even needs to sell anything.

Teams spend 100+ million during the baseball year while Jeff spends 75 million

Seriously tho how nice is it gonna be when Jeff sells the team or passes it down to the greedy midget to sell? We will never have to worry about penny pinching again
                              Last edited by tjfla; 06-28-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Paying fair price for a good reliever only makes sense if you can make the playoffs. At that point you're looking at a four man rotation and you can just lift your starter early and have four great relievers pitch without having to worry about overuse because of offdays. But even then it makes more sense to get a good SP and let Koehler throw bullets out of the pen in the postseason.

But of course, the top of our already barren system has not lived up to their potential and the only breakout has been Paddack (though, to be fair, holy shit). We could also trade the dude we just drafted, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X