No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grabbing his arm can be quite a few other things besides TJ, but still wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Grabbing his arm can be quite a few other things besides TJ, but still wow.
      When everyone tweets about sad news and crying faces its never good

Comment

• What would you do if Twitter didn't exist tj?

Comment

• [tweet]757698026521538560[/tweet]

Comment

• yes, please.

Comment

• i'd take him as a number 5 guy if Chen is out long term and we get 2 SP's, but if thats our one addition to the rotation...

Comment

• Who are you expecting to get? He's not great, but neither are Hellickson, Cashner, or any of the others I've heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  What would you do if Twitter didn't exist tj?
                  Well dont have a twitter account but since this board demands nationally known sources I go on some. I could say we were looking at Rodney or Hellickson and if I dont post a twitt from Rosenthal/Heyman or someone its called bullsh*t. So easier to say it and then post it

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  Who are you expecting to get? He's not great, but neither are Hellickson, Cashner, or any of the others I've heard.
                  He wants Ervin Santana for 40 million

Santiago OR Shoemaker would both be solid additions.

Looks to be tho that any arm that is on the market we have called on tho. They are offering Naylor plus more to everyone and trying to get the "best" guy return.When I say Best I mean in the FO eyes-same front office who chose Nicolino
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-25-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• The Marlins are cited by several executives as the most aggressive team in the pitching market. One problem: They are viewed as having among the majors’ worst prospect bases.

“[Marlins owner] Jeffrey Loria is willing to do anything to win today, but there is nothing in their system,” said an executive from a team willing to discuss trading pitching. “I really feel like they could make 13 players available and I don’t think we would do a deal with them.”
                    http://nypost.com/2016/07/25/dodgers...is-sale-talks/

Comment

• So the Yankees turned a few C+ prospects and minor league filler into two top-100 prospects.

I thought that wasn't a good haul at the time for the Reds, and now compared to it's dreadful

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      Who are you expecting to get? He's not great, but neither are Hellickson, Cashner, or any of the others I've heard.
                      I know we're talking about a decent sized history but that large of a gap between ERA and indicators is very fearful for me.

But even then, at worst he's as bad as those guys, plus he'd at least be around next year.

Comment

• I would call the Cardinals and see if they could buy low on Trevor Rosenthal.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Game to watch tonight is in Toronto

Andrew Cashner pitching and reports were he might be scratched but he hasn't

SD in heavy talks with Toronto and US about him

Comment

• SF now ahead of us in the Cashner talks.

They want pitching in return. SF has Bickford,Beede,Mejia Toronto has Reid-Foley,Jon Harris,Conner Greene and Miami has Flores,Castillo,Poteet

Comment

• What do you all think about Shields? There's talk Chicago is open to trading him. He's reportedly been good his last few starts (after a first couple bad ones in Chicago).

Now I know it's unlikely, but I wonder if we could include more money in a deal in order to give lesser prospects (aka what we have)?

Comment

• Well it is a sellers market thats for sure.

Atlanta just stole a solid prospect for 2 arms they got off the scrap heap. It's nuts what u can get when u actually have a GM and not an owner who thinks he knows stuff

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                What do you all think about Shields? There's talk Chicago is open to trading him. He's reportedly been good his last few starts (after a first couple bad ones in Chicago).

Now I know it's unlikely, but I wonder if we could include more money in a deal in order to give lesser prospects (aka what we have)?
                                He is owed 10 million the next 2 years. So 22 million is on the contract and we are looking for someone who will be around next year. One reason we havent made a deal yet is everyone wants a Top 5 Prospect and we only have 1(Josh Stabbor). They really dont wanna trade him for a rental which Cashner and Hellickson are.

Lets just say tho they have called pretty much every team with arms to ask what Naylor and a Luis Castillo or even a older arm could get them

Hard to get the big names tho when nothing in the farm system and was even a rumor that teams are sticking it Jeff for NOT spending cash in the IFA(trying to improve the system) or to improve the roster by increasing salary the past few years(u know telling teams they can't add salary so they need cash in deals OR trading away stuff when every other team spends money) so they are asking for crazy stuff in return
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X