Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    they were going for it and I have zero problem with that
    Ya hard to complain about that deal when it happened. ERA under 3.50 every year since 2009. Before he came to Miami,the worst thing about Latos was his annoying wife

Problem with Urena is most of baseball sees him as a RP. The issue is most of the arms we have are consider RP by everyone but us,so when a team wants a SP Prospect they don't consider Urena/Flores/Luis Castillo as a SP.

Comment

• Oh, I thought it was a good deal too. It just hurts because of how bad Latos was/is and how he was gone after a few months, and DeSclafani has been decent in Cincy.

Comment

• Pineda's ERA is worse on the road (5.70 v.s. 5.46), I don't get why him coming here fixes everything.

Still a risk worth taking when you need a SP this badly though

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
          Pineda's ERA is worse on the road (5.70 v.s. 5.46), I don't get why him coming here fixes everything.

Still a risk worth taking when you need a SP this badly though
          Nearly a .400 BABIP despite a 10% lower hard hit rate than at home. Also has a 10% higher GB rate on the road. His FIP and xFIP on the road is 2.61 and 3.07 respectively. His stranded rate is 58% on the road as well. Just seems to have been incredibly unlucky so far on the road. Also, I'm not sure how the Yankees defense holds up. I really think a move down here would do wonders and definitely would help improve the rotation.

Comment

• Just in case people didn't realize how nuts the market is for pitching

Cubs traded Vogelbach(1b/DH all bat) and Paul Blackburn to Seattle for Mike Montgomery

1 Solid prospect and a guy who can be put on the ML team tommorrow for a controllable Lefty Reliever

Comment

• How did everyone like how Hellickson looked last night? Likely will be our new addition unless SD lowers the price on Cashner.

As reported by Rosenthal and trade rumors,we are hot on both of them

Comment

• The Marlins make a lot of pitchers look really good so it's hard to tell from just last night.

Comment

• He'd be an alright addition. IF thats gonna be our only addition at the deadline id like to see another smaller piece as well whether it's a bat off the bench or a lefty bullpen arm.

Comment

• I know its in the past at this point but Paddocks numbers thus far in the SD organization have been just as good as they were even before he was traded. 3 starts, 14 innings, 23-2 K-BB.

Comment

• Some have mentioned improving the bench players....what about someone like Steve Pearce of the Rays?

I don't have any idea as to what he would cost, though he is a free agent after this season, so he'd be a rental.
                      Last edited by rmc523; 07-22-2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        Some have mentioned improving the bench players....what about someone like Steve Pearce of the Rays?

I don't have any idea as to what he would cost, though he is a free agent after this season, so he'd be a rental.
                        Pearce(2 mil or so left) been mentioned especially if we deal DD or Hech. Can play 2B,1B,OF

TB,Minnesota,NYY,SD are teams that we have talked ALOT with. Like I mentioned with TB we have discussed a few deals with them and they have Motter/Franklin/Pearce with 1 of them likely to be included if we deal DD

Alot of "talking" happening with us tho. SP,Lefty RP(Brad Hand) and a veteran bat have been talked about but not sure how they will fit all of that on the roster?? By way they would like to get something this weekend so they don't get into a bidding war next weekend for guys

We got 1 pitching spot open(Urena sent down) and 1 bat spot open(Bour on DL). Dee comes back and Kelly or Cole get DFA
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-22-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Would a guy like McGowan be an odd man out?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            Would a guy like McGowan be an odd man out?
                            No clue,Wittgren can be sent down and McGowan has to be DFA. The thing about McGowan is he is the last guy in the pen and he has been solid.ERA of 3.03 and can go multiple innings if we DFA him more than likely someone will claim him

Options are Wittgren down to AAA,McGowan DFA or Dunn Released. But sounds like they are trying to get one

Comment

• Does Dunn have any value? Could we trade him somewhere and use what we get to trade for someone else? I realize he wouldn't have a ton of value, but I'm just trying to think of ways we can acquire pieces we need.

Comment

• Ya for god sakes just get rid of Dunn, don't knowingly make your team worse for the sake of keeping Mike freaking Dunn. Enough with him already.

Comment

Working...
                                X