Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Well to all the Gomez hate-Jeff saves 2 million and we get Robert Andino in LF

Gomez to Texas
    Don't see your point. There's not a single team in baseball that was going to pay over the minimum for Gomez. He hasn't been good in 2 years. There's plenty of things you can blame Loria for...not paying $2 million for a guy with a .599 OPS this year isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      This is the reason Cervenka cost so much. MLB values control now,especially cheap control

I think Cervenka is crap but the way they saw it was get a guy who can be in our pen for years to come without giving up anything that can help the major league team in the next 3 years

Seymour and Mader were nothing special-Seymour is all speed who doesn't have a position and can't hit. Mader is a dime a dozen-Sadberry,Holmes,Peters all better than him

- - - - - - - - - -

U fail to realize that where guys are drafted do NOT mean much anymore. It's all about $,we drafted Sam Perez in Rd 5 this year because he cost us $30,000 which let us spend an extra $400,000 on Garrett. Sam Perez is maybe a Rd 10-15 talent

Same as Josh Naylor-was sandwich Rd talent but we took him early cause he gave us a 750K discount
      we still gave up 2 prospects for a guy in Cervenka who has no value rather than just giving cash for someone like Burnett.

- - - - - - - - - -

michael mader, 22 year old lefty starting pitching prospect in his first 2 games with the Braves at AA when he was in Jupiter for us: 13 IP, 12-1 K-BB, .69 ERA (only given up 1 run). And that goes along with another issue this team can't seem to fix, the fact that we are terrible at valuing our own players.
      Last edited by fish16; 08-20-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• It's also possible that Cervenka does not suck.

Comment

• Yep it is time for another tjfla rumor shitted on by the board that was just reported as "fact" by the big name guys

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...wart/89086634/

La Russa and Stewart make beleaguered starter Shelby Miller available at the trade deadline, seven months after acquiring him, and work out a trade with the Miami Marlins.

The Marlins, according to a Marlins executive with direct knowledge of the trade, would have sent three starting pitchers back in return

Castillo and 2 other SP. Hear one might have even been Kolek. This was the reason we did NOT go after Hellickson,the FO had a deal done only for the Arizona owners to veto it. Ahh 2 owners who have no clue how to run a team. Very possible tho that the deal gets revisited over the Winter

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          we still gave up 2 prospects for a guy in Cervenka who has no value rather than just giving cash for someone like Burnett.

- - - - - - - - - -

michael mader, 22 year old lefty starting pitching prospect in his first 2 games with the Braves at AA when he was in Jupiter for us: 13 IP, 12-1 K-BB, .69 ERA (only given up 1 run). And that goes along with another issue this team can't seem to fix, the fact that we are terrible at valuing our own players.
          Cervenka controllable Burnett NOT discussion DONE

They know how to value them,the issue is they don't know how to manage them.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          Don't see your point. There's not a single team in baseball that was going to pay over the minimum for Gomez. He hasn't been good in 2 years. There's plenty of things you can blame Loria for...not paying $2 million for a guy with a .599 OPS this year isn't one of them.
          My point is even tho Gomez is crap for 2 million u don't give him a choice to sign with other teams. U think someone will choose us over Texas,Toronto,SF? Pay him the 2 million and get someone better than Andino
          Last edited by tjfla; 08-22-2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Sorry about that tj, you were totally right about that rumor no one remembers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Sorry about that tj, you were totally right about that rumor no one remembers.
              Really I thought u and 3 or 4 others remember and noted every rumor. Guess missed that one or more likely just didn't read what I wrote. Next year ill start putting Morosi,Rosenthal,Nightengale,Frisaro reports even if they dont HAHA
              Last edited by tjfla; 08-22-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• You should probably contemplate what your life has come to that you are so intent on proving that you actually have a source on this internet board. I believe that you know someone in the front office but who the fuck cares if these people dont believe you?

Cervenka controllable Burnett NOT discussion DONE

They know how to value them,the issue is they don't know how to manage them.
                Cervenka controllable and terrible and has been terrible throughout his entire track record. Discussion not done, not to mention you gave away two prospects for Cervenka for no reason. Again, not knowing how to value their own assets and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  You should probably contemplate what your life has come to that you are so intent on proving that you actually have a source on this internet board. I believe that you know someone in the front office but who the fuck cares if these people dont believe you?

Cervenka controllable and terrible and has been terrible throughout his entire track record. Discussion not done, not to mention you gave away two prospects for Cervenka for no reason. Again, not knowing how to value their own assets and others.
                  Cervenka had a different role for much of his minor league career. You can't wonder why we didn't pick up Burnett, and then say that Cervenka sucks. Do you think Burnett sucks too?

Comment

• I dont think either of them are particularly good, although Burnett has had success in the big leagues before these injuries as a lefty reliever and Cervenka has never had much of any success at any level. Again, my overall point was not specifically about these 2 players in particular. My general point was that Burnett was available only for cash and could probably be expected to put up similar or better stats than Cervanka has at the major league level judging off of his season at AAA this year, and he was only available for very small amount of cash for a major league team, as opposed to us giving up 2 prospects. And I dont want to hear about the control thing. Yes, that is significant for good players, but the team can sign/draft me and have control over my next 6 years, but that doesn't make me a better asset than an actual major league pitcher who might be a free agent at the end of the season. I do not think Cervanka is a major league pitcher.

Again, it is about our general philosophy of giving up more for no reason other than to save amounts of cash that shouldn't be significant for an MLB franchise.

The Cervenka/Burnett thing was just an example.

Comment

You should probably contemplate what your life has come to that you are so intent on proving that you actually have a source on this internet board. I believe that you know someone in the front office but who the fuck cares if these people dont believe you?

O i could care less with these idiots think. I am on this site for my enjoyment and to talk about the Fish. I don't know anyone in this FO(Jeff,Midget or Mike Hill-that is the FO)

Cervenka controllable,crap and can help this year. Seymour speed,can't hit,no position and about 3 years off. Mader dime a dozen LHP(Peters better) and years off. They wanted a guy who could help them this year. O i agree Cervenka is crap just saying those are the reasons why they paid for him
                      Last edited by tjfla; 08-23-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I dont think either of them are particularly good, although Burnett has had success in the big leagues before these injuries as a lefty reliever and Cervenka has never had much of any success at any level. Again, my overall point was not specifically about these 2 players in particular. My general point was that Burnett was available only for cash and could probably be expected to put up similar or better stats than Cervanka has at the major league level judging off of his season at AAA this year, and he was only available for very small amount of cash for a major league team, as opposed to us giving up 2 prospects. And I dont want to hear about the control thing. Yes, that is significant for good players, but the team can sign/draft me and have control over my next 6 years, but that doesn't make me a better asset than an actual major league pitcher who might be a free agent at the end of the season. I do not think Cervanka is a major league pitcher.

Again, it is about our general philosophy of giving up more for no reason other than to save amounts of cash that shouldn't be significant for an MLB franchise.

The Cervenka/Burnett thing was just an example.
                        While I agree somewhat, I don't think Cervenka is quite as bad as you say he is. He could easily be another Mike Dunn. And contrary to the perception of Dunn among the fanbase, the totality of his work as a Marlin has been a positive.

Comment

• Jesus christ. We claimed Osawaldo Arcia off waivers from the rays, which is a nice move, but Bour was transferred to the 60 day DL and Dietrich went on the 15 day dl with a knee injury. How the fuck can you screw up a sprained ankle to keep a guy out more than 60 days?!

Comment

• Uh? Derek Deitrich to the 15-day DL with a right knee contusion? When did that happen?

Bour transferred to the 60-day DL, so looks like he won't be back anytime soon.

We've claimed Oswaldo Arcia from the Rays.

Comment

• Arcia should be playing everyday over Ichiro.

- - - - - - - - - -

Should go after puig if the price really is nothing like the dodgers say. Thats a no brainer move for so many reasons.

Comment

• Bour wasn't expected back for another few weeks anyway, so moving him to the 60 day DL is just a procedural move.

Comment

Working...
                                X