Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Well since it looks like we are going to be in it this year-might as well start a thread so put stories/rumors or whatever here!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

From Rosenthal

*The Marlins are drawing trade inquiries on outfielders Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich, but remain adamant that they will not trade players from their major-league roster to upgrade their starting pitching, sources say.

Owner Jeffrey Loria is willing to increase payroll if the team remains contention, and frankly he might have no choice -- the Marlins' farm system ranked next-to-last in the majors entering the season, according to Baseball America.

Teams with weaker systems can avoid parting with better prospects by taking on more money in trades.

- - - - - - - - - -

We have already called the Rays on Odorizzi however like Rosenthal says we won't trade Yelich or Ozuna and that is how they started the convo.

Our trade chips are DD,Telis,Draft Pick,Urena(In other words pretty sad)

This is the reason why he mentions us taking on cash. One "rumor" has us talking to Minnesota about getting Nolasco and one or 2 others(Abad,Plouffe possibly)
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-21-2016, 11:42 AM.

better not trade DD
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      better not trade DD
      Pitching or DD on the bench. With Dee back and Ichiro as the 4TH OF,gotta think they would rather have the pitching. I would keep him around especially with Prado a FA but Jeff would rather trade a player than having to take all the salary and just sending them some crap prospect

Comment

Man, it is slim pickens on starting pitching. I mean who's even an option? Matt Garza? Andrew Cashner?

- - - - - - - - - -

Just say no to Nolasco.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Man, it is slim pickens on starting pitching. I mean who's even an option? Matt Garza? Andrew Cashner?

- - - - - - - - - -

Just say no to Nolasco.
          SD/OAK/Atlanta/Minnesota/Milwaukee will be selling for sure. The issue is if u want a young arm the price will be Ozuna or Yelich. All the young SP that we tried to get for Ozuna in the offseason,those teams will now be calling us to get Ozuna for them

Nolasco might be best we can do tho

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Pitching or DD on the bench. With Dee back and Ichiro as the 4TH OF,gotta think they would rather have the pitching. I would keep him around especially with Prado a FA but Jeff would rather trade a player than having to take all the salary and just sending them some crap prospect
            but if the goal is to make the playoffs, once you get there you no longer have Dee. Miguel Rojas is going to start for us in the playoffs?
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

The Marlins are drawing trade inquiries on outfielders Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich, but remain adamant that they will not trade players from their major-league roster to upgrade their starting pitching, sources
              :-)

Comment

i trust tjfla more than i trust what this front office says and i honest to God mean that

Comment

What u think teams will just stop asking since because Mike Hill is "adamant". This FO has no clue what the hell they are doing

I am with u I would make DD off limits too but u have to trade something for pitching. Unlike the Dodgers,we can't trade crap for talent with big contracts

U could call SD and try to get Cashner and a RP but what u gonna offer them? Draft Pick,IFA,Urena-they would block our number.

Comment

Well of course they're not going to stop asking. No one ever stops asking.

Dietrich will be here August 1.

Comment

Once the Brewers deal Lucroy, deal Telis for Matt Garza. eh?

Comment

With the way the White Sox and Angels are playing, I wonder if guys like Rodon or Heaney are available.

Comment

I know it's a joke but it's worth knowing Heaney is having some experimental treatment on his elbow and might require tommy john

Comment

Chris Sale Mother Fuckers!

Comment

Realistically I wonder if Capps will have some value to some teams that can afford to wait for him to get healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X