No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just saying, subtract those two starts against us and his numbers are very mediocre.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      and let's be honest, even with Hellickson, before he got to us in those two starts, he was a #4 starter at best with 4+ ERA. Hell he's coming off a start where he got knocked around by the Braves of all teams.
      Yeahhhh I haven't really understood the hype. We're talking about a guy who, the past four years, has the same FIP as Tome Koehler and a worse ERA+.

Again, that's better than Nicolino or Uerna but let's not act like he's a #2

- - - - - - - - - -

Tom Koehler is now the barometer of bare minimum to be in a MLB rotation.

Comment

• I just don't get how we couldn't have gotten Pearce?

Comment

• We got a bullpen arm in Rodney which is nice but we didn't need all that badly and we knew for a week after Chen got hurt we needed two starters and we got one. Nice to get Castillo back but were a trade deadline loser. We're right back where we were

Comment

• Loser's a bit harsh, but the Marlins were buyers and bought without moving the contention needle a whole lot. Kind of an odd deadline for the Marlins.

Comment

• I think they did what they could, just hamstrung by years of failing to invest in the minor league system.

Comment

• The question you should be asking now is, since we only got one SP from San Diego instead of two, would you rather have Cashner or Hellickson?

Comment

I think they did what they could, just hamstrung by years of failing to invest in the minor league system.
                  More or less this.

Probably could have played a bit of a staring contest with the Padres on Cashner. Considering the return Nova brought (and I think they're basically the same kind of #4 starter) it would have cost less.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                  The question you should be asking now is, since we only got one SP from San Diego instead of two, would you rather have Cashner or Hellickson?
                  I think the Marlins are better having Cashner and Castillo. All indications are Hellickson would have cost Castillo.

I also think Naylor's kinda disposable, so if packages equal, I guess it's a debate, but I don't think Phillies liked Naylor as much as SD.

Comment

• Yeah seriously, what COULD they do?

I'm not going to hold *this* deadline against them, it's the cumulative years of poor management and investments. Wittgren is the only guy on the roster drafted in the past 5 years (with I think Gordon the only piece to show for trading either our supplemental picks, IFA cash, or 1st round drafted players), and they've made no significant IFA signings
                    Last edited by nny; 08-01-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• I would think Naylor would probably fit better playing at Citizens Bank Park rather than Petco, but that's just me.

Liriano to Toronto.

- - - - - - - - - -

Still shocked that Texas got what they got and gave up as little as they did for it.

Comment

• I'd rather have Cashner. Hellickon's good years were only because of TB's defense. Cash was legit good before, I think a lot better chance you catch lightning in a bottle with him

Comment

• I would also rather have Cashner. Hellickson, is what he is, really. Cashner has the potential to put it all together and be a very good #2 or #3 if he gets on a roll. I don't think it's likely to happen, but the potential is there.

Comment

I think they did what they could, just hamstrung by years of failing to invest in the minor league system.
                            That and the lack of willingness to spend money. The lesser prospects can be somewhat offset by putting in/taking on money in deals, but we'll never do that with Loria around.

Comment

• Oh there's no doubt about it, and that's kinda what I was getting at when I used the word invest.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                                Yeah seriously, what COULD they do?

I'm not going to hold *this* deadline against them, it's the cumulative years of poor management and investments. Wittgren is the only guy on the roster drafted in the past 5 years (with I think Gordon the only piece to show for trading either our supplemental picks, IFA cash, or 1st round drafted players), and they've made no significant IFA signings
                                Surprised by 5 year thing. They drafted Koehler in 2008? Jesus. He's been here forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X