No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the point is how do you mishandle an injury so poorly? He had a sprained fucking ankle before the all star break. Were getting near September. And its not one instance. This happens to us multiple times a year.

Comment

• I know injuries and recovery times can be unpredictable, but is it just me, or does it seem like the Marlins always have players go down for what are said to be minor injuries requiring minimal DL stints or whatnot, only to have the players end up out for the year and/or extended periods of time well beyond the original assessment? I realize this will happen from time to time no matter what team it is, but I feel like it happens far more often to the Marlins than not.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        I know injuries and recovery times can be unpredictable, but is it just me, or does it seem like the Marlins always have players go down for what are said to be minor injuries requiring minimal DL stints or whatnot, only to have the players end up out for the year and/or extended periods of time well beyond the original assessment? I realize this will happen from time to time no matter what team it is, but I feel like it happens far more often to the Marlins than not.
        no, it is almost every single injury. Can anyone think of a time when a player came back within the early part of his time frame?

Comment

• Well, I think AJ Ramos only missed the minimum of 15-days during his recent trip to the DL, analyzing the effectiveness of the training staff is almost an impossible job as fans, but I agree there have been some frustrating injuries over the last couple years where very short dl stints have turned into several month dl stints.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            the point is how do you mishandle an injury so poorly? He had a sprained fucking ankle before the all star break. Were getting near September. And its not one instance. This happens to us multiple times a year.
            high ankle sprains are a lot worse than just normal ankle sprains.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              I know injuries and recovery times can be unpredictable, but is it just me, or does it seem like the Marlins always have players go down for what are said to be minor injuries requiring minimal DL stints or whatnot, only to have the players end up out for the year and/or extended periods of time well beyond the original assessment? I realize this will happen from time to time no matter what team it is, but I feel like it happens far more often to the Marlins than not.
              Pretty much,even happens in the minors for us. Even tho for some reason Bryan Morris looks like he might make it back in Sept.

Comment

• the high end of time missed for high ankle sprains is round 6 weeks, not this long with no timetable in sight.

Comment

• I like the Arcia claim. Why not?

Comment

Jesus christ. We claimed Osawaldo Arcia off waivers from the rays, which is a nice move, but Bour was transferred to the 60 day DL and Dietrich went on the 15 day dl with a knee injury. How the fuck can you screw up a sprained ankle to keep a guy out more than 60 days?!
                    Arcia is actually a solid pickup as a 5th OF who has some power and could even stick next year. Knowing us tho we will DFA him in 2 or 3 days for Don Kelly or Narveson only to never be heard from again

Alot better option tho then what we have in the system

As for Puig,Mattingly already has said NO to him. At the deadline LAD tried to see if we had interest and some in the FO were talking but Mattingly hated him

Comment

• Ya Arcia is a very nice addition. I thought we were going to claim him when i saw he got DFA'd. Not sure why the rays dfa'd him anyway, he was solid for them.

As for the Puig thing, I guess you kind of have to defer to Mattingly for that, but I think its another squandered opportunity for us to get value. We are the worst in the league at getting value for our guys and giving value for others. Puig has a fairly cheap contract, it's clear by his AAA numbers he's a fucking stud, and worst case scenario if he is a bad influence we trade him in the offseason. Best case scenario he gets really hot and we are able to get value for him if we determine there isnt room for him on the roster next year. That can be your one way of finding a SP next offseason. But again, I guess you have to defer to Mattingly. I'm all about getting value for your assets, its the same reason I think we should try and trade Jose to the Red Sox for Moncada + in the offseason, and I think its a huge missed opportunity to at the very least have more to offer for a SP in the offseason.

Comment

• Puig can suck a bag of dicks

Comment

• Anyone starting a game/series thread? I would've but I know we have the whole "person that started the last thread starts the next if we win" thing.

Comment

the high end of time missed for high ankle sprains is round 6 weeks, not this long with no timetable in sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                              this is the best
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Scrabble was just traded to Washington for a nice prospect in Max Schrock.

Even tho Cervenka isn't great atleast he is controllable

Comment

Working...
                                X