No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone wants to know why we are having such a hard time with trades,here is what our Top 5 looks like right now

Top 5 as in guys playing(Not injured or unable to be dealt)

1 Josh Stabbor
    2 Brian Anderson
    3 Luis Castillo
    4 Austin Dean
    5 Anfernee Seymour

Atlanta traded prolly the worst 2 arms on the market for a prospect who would be our #2 guy and Jeff refuses to add cash even tho he is telling teams he wants a guy who he can have next year. One reason why we havent pulled the trigger on Hellickson or Cashner is he wants to make sure he can't get a controllable guy first however with him waiting so long other teams are now jumping in.

Plus SD prefers pitching to bats in return for Cashner and Jeff(Mike Hill) has been telling teams they arent looking to trade anyone on the ML team or even arms like Nicolino,Flores or Ellington. Even tho alot of teams think Flores or Ellington could be had
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Only the Fish.

Executive says everyone seems to know this is a seller's market except Miami. They call and give offers like they are the only team interested,even asking if we can include cash to offset the salary.

If u haven't heard the story,they supposedly called one team(Reportedly Atlanta) and mentioned about 13 different prospects and were told we don't want any of them HAHA.

Also doesn't look like Dee is being shopped but Hech is. Still not alot of interest since they are only offering him in deals for top arms. Just to show u how out of it our FO is,when we asked about Shelby Miller they asked Arizona if a package around Hech would work.

Arizona is the team with Segura,Ahmed,Owings,Gosselin already in the majors and Reinheimer in AAA. What the hell would they want him?
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• That's why I brought up Shields because he has the contract - if we could take the entire contract (yes, I realize that means Loria spending money), would they till be looking for a top guy?

He has a 2.11 ERA averaging 6 2/3 innings (47 IP total) over his last 7 starts.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, I don't know where is appropriate to put this, but Don Kelly was finally designated for assignment to reinstate Dee Gordon.
        Last edited by rmc523; 07-28-2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• see, not cole. get rekt, tj.

Comment

• Ya, theres about 10-15 guys around the league who can helkp our rotation who wouldn't cost anything if we would just take on money. God forbid we aren't 29th in payroll for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
              see, not cole. get rekt, tj.
              Who cares? Like he is gonna do anything but PH and clap on the bench. By way DD at 1B tonight!!!

Bour off DL by Chicago and Cole DFA if DD or Hech not traded

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              That's why I brought up Shields because he has the contract - if we could take the entire contract (yes, I realize that means Loria spending money), would they till be looking for a top guy?

He has a 2.11 ERA averaging 6 2/3 innings (47 IP total) over his last 7 starts.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, I don't know where is appropriate to put this, but Don Kelly was finally designated for assignment to reinstate Dee Gordon.
              With this market who knows? First hurdle tho would be Jeff taking on a penny or 2
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Gordon 2b
                Prado 3b
                Yelich LF
                Stanton RF
                Ozuna Cf
                JT C
                DD 1B
                Hech SS
                Jose P

Not a bad everyday lineup

Comment

• Will be awesome if they keep using Dietrich at 1B while Bour is out. Once he gets back and slots in 6 and bumps JT down to 7 that's a real strong lineup with DD first bat off the bench vs. RHP and getting 3-4 starts a week around the diamond
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I have been thinking today that maybe the Marlins could try and get into a three team trade with the Royals. Teams are wanting Davis from the Royals but they are wanting to include Kennedy in any deal. Maybe the Marlins could be the third team in the trade and get Kennedy with the other two teams picking up some of the cash he is owed on the rest of the contract. Most likely this won't even be considered but just an idea I had.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                      I have been thinking today that maybe the Marlins could try and get into a three team trade with the Royals. Teams are wanting Davis from the Royals but they are wanting to include Kennedy in any deal. Maybe the Marlins could be the third team in the trade and get Kennedy with the other two teams picking up some of the cash he is owed on the rest of the contract. Most likely this won't even be considered but just an idea I had.
                      Any ideas with us paying money for guys isnt realistic AT THIS POINT(Maybe by Monday it will). That is the sticking point for us right now-in fact one "name source" mentioned we were trying to get Mike Dunn included so we could take on Hellickson's contract. Like said teams are getting sick of Jeff(if they weren't already) he keeps playing poor even tho every MLB team was given 120 million a few weeks ago and he acts like 3 million dollars will bankrupt him or something

Its like the Upton to Toronto deal,if a team pays u have to give up a solid prospect. Jeff wants a team to pay and get crap in return.When I say crap I mean compared to what they already have. The price for Harrell and Alvarez(controllable YES but probably the 2 worst options on the market) was a Top 10 prospect. Demeritte played in the Future Game,actually has a bat and if he was in our system would have been the #2 tradeable prospect we had. That deal made the market more expensive then it already was

This was from last month

Jon Heyman Verified account
                      ‏@JonHeyman

Jon Heyman Retweeted Scott Soshnick

massive payday for MLB teams -- about $120M per team. MLB is doing just fine.

Jon Heyman added,
                      Scott Soshnick @soshnick
                      Disney Said to Buy Stake in MLB’s Video Arm in $3.5 Billion Deal http://bloom.bg/295QVTC #sportsbiz #MLB
                      Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• I really hope the All Star Game is the thing Loria was waiting for to sell....like that he finally gets his all star game and is ready to sell after that (gotta rake in the guaranteed parking garage and concession money first though)! It's just pathetic that money ALWAYS is the issue - whether it be signing free agents (both here and internationally), drafting, or trying to make/facilitate trades, and then we just don't do anything because Loria cries poor.

Comment

• Ya, it really is ridiculous at this point. He's just never going to spend money and theres not excuses at this point. He needs to sell. When he does it will be one of the best days in Marlins history. Mark Cuban as the marlins owner would be so cool.

Comment

• And I guess to be somewhat fair, he did sign a few core guys to extensions over the last few years (Stanton, Yelich, Gordon), which were moves we've not seen from this organization for some time, if not ever, but aside from that, it's been the same old Loria (while using those extensions as an excuse, because he's spent money!!) when it comes to player acquisition.

I was actually surprised the Chen contract happened. And how big would it have been for this team had they spent money and added one of the other arms that were out there this past offseason. Imagine even a guy like Doug Fister in our rotation. Then we wouldn't be having all these concerns about how to scramble to find one or two rotation guys with nothing and "no money."

Comment

• I remember hearing something from David Samson on the radio once, when asked if Jeffery Loria would rather profit and lose 100 games or lose money and win a 100, he said something to the effect of "win 90 and break even."

It's not that Loria won't spend to add players to try and win, but he'll only spend to a point regardless of the quality of the team. He wants to win, but he wants to keep his money more and that's what hurts the team.

I wonder how the Marlins would benefit if Loria wasn't the only guy buying the players. Maybe it'd be for the best if you had a tremendously rich guy buy half the team and allow for a larger budget, and have half still with Loria to keep the baseball interests. A little of the Brooklyn Dodgers had with Rickey and O'Malley.

- - - - - - - - - -

For the record, I'm not saying that Jeffery Loria is equivalent in baseball acumen to Branch Rickey.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                                I remember hearing something from David Samson on the radio once, when asked if Jeffery Loria would rather profit and lose 100 games or lose money and win a 100, he said something to the effect of "win 90 and break even."

It's not that Loria won't spend to add players to try and win, but he'll only spend to a point regardless of the quality of the team. He wants to win, but he wants to keep his money more and that's what hurts the team.

I wonder how the Marlins would benefit if Loria wasn't the only guy buying the players. Maybe it'd be for the best if you had a tremendously rich guy buy half the team and allow for a larger budget, and have half still with Loria to keep the baseball interests. A little of the Brooklyn Dodgers had with Rickey and O'Malley.

- - - - - - - - - -

For the record, I'm not saying that Jeffery Loria is equivalent in baseball acumen to Branch Rickey.
                                Exactly he wants to win however he wants to win while turning a profit. Someone had a quote about him that said 30 owners in MLB and only 1 cares about turning a profit the others wanna WIN

- - - - - - - - - -

By way the prices are still crazy

Minnesota just picked up a TOP 100 prospect pitcher Adalberto Mejia for a UT guy in Eduardo Nunez. I know he made the AS team but they had to pick someone from that team

This might help us in the Cashner derby(which is why I mentioned it)

Also Nightengale mentioned Taijuan Walker is drawing interest. Could be an interesting name to watch,we asked for him in the Ozuna talks.

To add to Barry Jackson story below,they really want 2 arms.1 FA(Nova,Cashner,Hellickson) and 1 guy Long term(Shoemaker,Pineda,Miley,Volquez,Nolasco but want cash thrown in) They are looking to trade Castillo and Naylor as the main pieces with names like Ellington,Steckenreider,Peters,Flores,Dean as other pieces but with the prices of the trades its not getting them very far. SD asked for Naylor AND Castillo for Cashner. They are trying to get AL teams to bite on Naylor by mentioning how he is a perfect fit

- - - - - - - - - -

From Barry Jackson

The Marlins are determined to add at least one starting pitcher, and two ideally, before Monday’s trade deadline, and we're told these are three new names in whom they’ve expressed interest: Kansas City’s Edinson Volquez (8-8, 4.56 ERA, has a $10 million mutual option next season), the Angels’ Matt Shoemaker (5-11, 4.17, under team control through 2020), and Atlanta’s Julio Teheran (3-8, 2.71, due $6.3, $8 million, $11 million through 2019).

Shoemaker hasn't quite been the same since going 16-4 and finishing second in American League Rookie of the Year balloting in 2014. But he still has upside and the Angels are said to be listening to offers. He generally has pitched well since May, though he allowed five runs in his last start.

MLB.com reported that it's unlikely the Braves will trade Teheran because he's signed to a longterm affordable contract.

The Marlins also remain in the mix for several names that have been mentioned previously: the Phillies’ Jeremy Hellickson (7-7, 3.65), San Diego’s Andrew Cashner (4-7, 4.76), the Angels’ Hector Santiago (9-4, 4.28) and the Yankees’ Ivan Nova (7-5, 4.65) and Michael Pineda (5-9, 5.00), among others.

Hellickson, Cashner and Nova are impending free agents.

The Marlins are open to adding short-term rentals such as Hellickson or pitchers who will be under team control for several years (such as Shoemaker).

Jeffrey Loria views this as a real chance to end baseball's second-longest postseason drought and is committed to improving the rotation.

Teams keep asking the Marlins about Class A Greensboro first baseman Josh Naylor (.265, 9 home runs, 53 RBI) and Class A Jupiter right-hander Luis Castillo (7-3, 2.75).
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X