No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For once, I agree with tj. That's too much money for a platoon. Even if the yankees ate 2/3rds of the remaining contract, it'd be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      21 million to replace Chris Johnson. Somehow I think Jeff would have issue with that.
      Take half of the contract or something. Take on a sunk cost to address a major weakness that could put the team over the top. Our farm system isn't very good so we're going to have to do something like this to add a good pitcher.

Comment

I've been in the camp to hold on to DD.

But if you can get Pineda, who by all accounts is a good pitcher and has just stunk because Yankee Stadium is the band box to end all band boxes, and put him in this rotation, I live with having Rojas playing 2B in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          For once, I agree with tj. That's too much money for a platoon. Even if the yankees ate 2/3rds of the remaining contract, it'd be too much.
          Doesn't ARod's contract expire next year?

- - - - - - - - - -

Doesn't ARod's contract expire next year?

Comment

im not saying i want to take on a-rod, but its not asking too much to take on some money for a team that is 29th in payroll and moved into the new stadium and claimed that it wouldnt be this way.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
              I've been in the camp to hold on to DD.

But if you can get Pineda, who by all accounts is a good pitcher and has just stunk because Yankee Stadium is the band box to end all band boxes, and put him in this rotation, I live with having Rojas playing 2B in the playoffs.
              I don't want to trade DD. DD's trade value should be higher than Pineda right now.

Comment

A Rod is under contract until 2017. Now Texiera is another story (he's a free agent after the season) but he's been slightly better.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well I lied they both suck.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  im not saying i want to take on a-rod, but its not asking too much to take on some money for a team that is 29th in payroll and moved into the new stadium and claimed that it wouldnt be this way.
                  This is the same team that can't spend 3 million in the IFA market or pay for 2 million dollars to get better prospects in trades

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Exactly. And the team isn't going to be adding much more salary next year because we're pretty much set. It'd be a sunk cost to add ARod. And as much as he's declined, he's still better than Chris Johnson so the team would improve in that sense too.

Comment

• Inb4 someone tells me Texiera's ops is below .600 and A-Rod's is like around .640.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        This is the same team that can't spend 3 million in the IFA market or pay for 2 million dollars to get better prospects in trades
                        They can. They probably just choose not to. ARod would draw more fans to the ballpark too so Loria might go for it. Loria loves to add big names for the sake of adding big names as it is. It's the reason why he brought Ichiro back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          I don't want to trade DD. DD's trade value should be higher than Pineda right now.
                          It probably is,what makes Pineda's value is he is still controllable. When a guy can't leave u gotta pay up

Comment

Take half of the contract or something. Take on a sunk cost to address a major weakness that could put the team over the top. Our farm system isn't very good so we're going to have to do something like this to add a good pitcher.
                            Oh you're saying take on A-Rod's contract so that we can get Pineda for cheaper. I mean it's a legitimate thought, but I can't see Loria doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              It probably is,what makes Pineda's value is he is still controllable. When a guy can't leave u gotta pay up
                              Dietrich is still controllable too.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh you're saying take on A-Rod's contract so that we can get Pineda for cheaper. I mean it's a legitimate thought, but I can't see Loria doing it.
                              Yeah, I wouldn't want to add ARod just for the sake of adding ARod.

Comment

They can. They probably just choose not to. ARod would draw more fans to the ballpark too so Loria might go for it. Loria loves to add big names for the sake of adding big names as it is. It's the reason why he brought Ichiro back.
                                True I bet he has the Arod Hr Countdown bobblehead already in production. Jeff loves the "free" ads-Ichiro in a Miami jersey on Japanese papers,pictures when he hits #3000 in a marlins jersey,Stanton in the HR derby,Marlins playing in Fort Bragg/PR

Comment

Working...
                                X