No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood why he has never been tried as a SP. I get that you don't want him to get hurt but he is so much more valuable as a starting pitcher. If I'm the marlins this offseason i try to sign him to a contract fitting for a closer but then try to use him as a starter. You might be able to get a huge value for him if he signs a contract that a top closer would sign rather than a top starter.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Why would Chapman suddenly be ready to put into the rotation? Leave it to the Marlins to try something like that.
      I don't think anyone would put him straight into a rotation, but after stretching him out a bit I don't see how that isn't a better option than throwing trash out there every 5th day, which they are doing now.

Comment

Guess Moran is out of the depth chart now. Has anyone but Francis Martes NOT been a bust out of that deal? DAMN

Gurriel signs with Houston 5/47.5 mil

We worked him out but no chance Jeff pays for him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        I don't think anyone would put him straight into a rotation, but after stretching him out a bit I don't see how that isn't a better option than throwing trash out there every 5th day, which they are doing now.
        Exactly-its a very long shot especially with NYY not knowing if selling still BUT rather have him throwing 3/4 innings than Nicolino,Urena,Cosart or even Koehler right now

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          With the crazy price for SP,don't be surprised if we revisit Aroldis Chapman as a SP if NYY decide they are sellers.
          This would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my entire fucking life.

Comment

I have no suggestions as to who but this teams bench is absolutely pathetic right now and needs to be improved for the stretch run and can probably be done fairly easily.

Don Kelly, Perez, and Gillispie all should not be on the team and we can acquire 3 solid bench guys without giving up much. I think we'll make a couple moves like this fairly soon. Hopefully one of those acquisitions can be a power guy because that would be a great complement to what we have with Ichiro.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              I have no suggestions as to who but this teams bench is absolutely pathetic right now and needs to be improved for the stretch run and can probably be done fairly easily.

Don Kelly, Perez, and Gillispie all should not be on the team and we can acquire 3 solid bench guys without giving up much. I think we'll make a couple moves like this fairly soon. Hopefully one of those acquisitions can be a power guy because that would be a great complement to what we have with Ichiro.
              Why shouldn't Perez be on the team as the 25th guy? Best Defensive OF we got in the minors and can play both 2B/SS. On top of that beside Dee we have no speed.

U seem to think we need the bench to be superstars-what we need is role players who can do things like steal a bag or hit a HR. I agree Cole and Don Kelly shouldn't be on the team but Mattingly loves these veteran guys. Looks like the main focus tho is to get a SP or 2.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hasn't been mentioned on MLB Trade Rumors so its a lie BUT a name to keep a eye on for us is Jorge De La Rosa. (Rental only since he is FA but likely cost us less than Rich Hill)

Colorado had interest in Koehler LY(I guess since he can pitch in Coors) and some mention that we have floated his name out to a few teams
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-17-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Why shouldn't Perez be on the team as the 25th guy? Best Defensive OF we got in the minors and can play both 2B/SS. On top of that beside Dee we have no speed.

U seem to think we need the bench to be superstars-what we need is role players who can do things like steal a bag or hit a HR. I agree Cole and Don Kelly shouldn't be on the team but Mattingly loves these veteran guys. Looks like the main focus tho is to get a SP or 2.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hasn't been mentioned on MLB Trade Rumors so its a lie BUT a name to keep a eye on for us is Jorge De La Rosa. (Rental only since he is FA but likely cost us less than Rich Hill)

Colorado had interest in Koehler LY(I guess since he can pitch in Coors) and some mention that we have floated his name out to a few teams
                I just think it would not cost us much to get a bench guy better than perez. Its nice to have speed but he plays at the same positions of our 3-4 best players. We need actual bench players.

Comment

If we add Chapman, our bullpen would be ridiculous.

Comment

Andrew Marchand Verified account
                    ‏@AndrewMarchand

Yankees could target Cubs' Triple-A first baseman Dan Vogelbach in a deal for either Aroldis Chapman or Andrew Miller.

I know u ask what does this have to do with us right? Vogelbach is a left handed hitting bat who struggles against LHP,who else is a left handed bat on our team not named Bour who struggles against LHP? DD

- - - - - - - - - -

Also a tweet from Joe Frisaro saying something I mentioned a while ago. A guy that is a REALISTIC target,Jeremy Hellickson will face us this series.

While all the "real" fans mention Archer,Cashner and other #1 or #2 arms(Which we can't afford) real targets for us include-Hellickson,De La Rosa,Erasmo Ramirez,Rich Hill,Chapman

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    I just think it would not cost us much to get a bench guy better than perez. Its nice to have speed but he plays at the same positions of our 3-4 best players. We need actual bench players.
                    Speed didn't look that bad yesterday did it? Always nice to have that on the bench if u need 1 run. U have this idea that we are Dodgers where we have this unlimited money to give bench players 4 million bucks to run or PH. Perez is a 25th man-he won't replace our best players but if u need someone to run for Bour/Johnson/Prado in the 9th inning or a guy who can play 5 positions he is NOT a bad option to have

- - - - - - - - - -

Just think if we would have signed our #1 FA target

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28817/ja-happ

Comment

I still don't like the idea of trading Dietrich....especially for a rental.

Comment

Andrew Marchand Verified account
                        ‏@AndrewMarchand

Yankees could target Cubs' Triple-A first baseman Dan Vogelbach in a deal for either Aroldis Chapman or Andrew Miller.

I know u ask what does this have to do with us right? Vogelbach is a left handed hitting bat who struggles against LHP,who else is a left handed bat on our team not named Bour who struggles against LHP? DD

- - - - - - - - - -

Also a tweet from Joe Frisaro saying something I mentioned a while ago. A guy that is a REALISTIC target,Jeremy Hellickson will face us this series.

While all the "real" fans mention Archer,Cashner and other #1 or #2 arms(Which we can't afford) real targets for us include-Hellickson,De La Rosa,Erasmo Ramirez,Rich Hill,Chapman

- - - - - - - - - -

Speed didn't look that bad yesterday did it? Always nice to have that on the bench if u need 1 run. U have this idea that we are Dodgers where we have this unlimited money to give bench players 4 million bucks to run or PH. Perez is a 25th man-he won't replace our best players but if u need someone to run for Bour/Johnson/Prado in the 9th inning or a guy who can play 5 positions he is NOT a bad option to have

- - - - - - - - - -

Just think if we would have signed our #1 FA target

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28817/ja-happ
                        Lol at all the "real" fans.

Comment

Trading Deitrich would be an incredibly bad move.

Comment

Ya "real" fans like the ones that go to every game and send in tweets/emails asking why we don't get Chris Archer or Ervin Santana. The fans who watch ML games but have no clue about the DSL or the farm system-they see other teams trade crap for stars(Owners who will take salary can give less) while we trade Paddack for Rodney(Paddack a Top 3 Prospect for US while in a real farm system is probably #12-15)

We should try to get Chris Archer and we could offer Josh Naylor,Luis Castillo and Hech(Nothing that TB wants) or let's get Ervin Santana even tho he has like 45 million on his contract

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            Trading Deitrich would be an incredibly bad move.
                            I totally agree with especially for a rental. This was one reason we decided to go with Rodney instead of Chapman however with the SP market insane they have been revisiting it. Like told u guys many times-I just say what I hear. What I heard was NYY is looking for a bat specifically a bat who is ML Ready and when we talked to them DD was discussed. I just posted the Marchand tweet so that u all realize what the rest of baseball is hearing what they want in a deal

Comment

Could we compare that potential type of move to the A's a few years ago when they traded Cespedes - one of their key offensive guys at the time - to Boston for Lester (who was a rental). IIRC, their offense dropped after that move...now granted, DD isnt our key/main offensive guy, but he's been an important piece/contributor. And you're trading him for a rental reliever.

Comment

Honestly, considering how down the pitching market is this year, I don't know if you move a guy like Dietrich or Hech or Prado or Gordon or whoever for a starter who isn't a significant upgrade. A starter like Matt Moore or Jake Odorizzi is better than Nicolino, but you gotta factor in what losing a guy of one of the aforementioned player's quality will do to this team.

I think we are in a spot that is rare for this team, which is having depth of good quality. There's no guarantee Dee Gordon will be the same as he's been the past two years and even if he is, he still can't play in the postseason.

There's no guarantee that someone won't get hurt, that someone won't stink, or that the same cast of guys will be back next season.

I think using a Dietrich-Prado-Gordon triangle where two start per night and the other is your first guy off the bench is a huge advantage the Marlins will have going down the stretch and losing that advantage will no question hurt this team, especially if it only gets a middling starter or another bullpen arm.

- - - - - - - - - -

And again, trying Chapman as a starter down the stretch would be the absolutely one of the worst things this organization has ever done.

And they've done a lot of bad shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X