No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He can still hit. He can't still field. When rosters expand, that's one thing, but I can't imagine carrying a short bench the way we do and having one of those guys being someone who can't play a position.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Jeff is dying to get his hands on him(Merch/Attendence) however baseball wise its hard for a team especially in the NL to use him. Can hit but if signed he would replace Chris Johnson who while hasn't been great can hit a little AND play 1B/3B

IF they don't sign him this year don't be surprised tho if he wants to play next year that we sign him over the winter. Again can't play the field but we need a backup since Johnson and Ichiro probably gone and the merch sales plus ARod in Marlins Jersey makes Jeff $$$$

Comment

• Why would Ichiro not be here next year? He has a team option for 2m, has had an incredibly productive year, and the fo/team obviously love him (considering the fact they resigned him after he was one of the worst players in the league)

And is it that A-rod literally can't play the field because of health, like Ortiz and his knees? Or because the expectation is he'd be bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
          Why would Ichiro not be here next year? He has a team option for 2m, has had an incredibly productive year, and the fo/team obviously love him (considering the fact they resigned him after he was one of the worst players in the league)

And is it that A-rod literally can't play the field because of health, like Ortiz and his knees? Or because the expectation is he'd be bad?
          First my apology on Ichiro I read his contract wrong. Thought was for this year U ARE RIGHT!!

A Rod I heard was health. Which is why Girardi didnt wanna put him out there at all. Mattingly has same concerns however since it seems Bour will be out alot longer,A Rod is starting to become more likely

Comment

• Ege claimed by Angels. Solid LRP for next year gone so we can have a month of Chris Narveson
            Last edited by tjfla; 08-13-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• mike hill needs to go. its not only the money restrictions that are hampering our team. He is a flat out bad GM. From trades, to letting guys go via waivers for no reason, to trading guys for no reason. It's just one thing after another and he is the last part of a front office group that all reeked of incompetence.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                mike hill needs to go. its not only the money restrictions that are hampering our team. He is a flat out bad GM. From trades, to letting guys go via waivers for no reason, to trading guys for no reason. It's just one thing after another and he is the last part of a front office group that all reeked of incompetence.
                Mike Hill don't make no decisions. He is around to go to meetings and tell Jeff what is going on with the team. If u watch the Marlins draft thing,he tells Stan Meek to keep him informed. What other GM would tell his scouting director to keep him informed? NONE,they would be in the room making the decision which is why our drafts suck and we take tons of arms from OK,TX,KS.MO. Instead of having the GM making final decisions he hangs back lets others do the work than tells Jeff.

U think he is gonna have a say if ARod or Tebow get signed? HAHA

Was one reason why DJ was so happy to leave,they gave him the GM title and then gave him no power

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Mike Hill don't make no decisions. He is around to go to meetings and tell Jeff what is going on with the team. If u watch the Marlins draft thing,he tells Stan Meek to keep him informed. What other GM would tell his scouting director to keep him informed? NONE,they would be in the room making the decision which is why our drafts suck and we take tons of arms from OK,TX,KS.MO. Instead of having the GM making final decisions he hangs back lets others do the work than tells Jeff.

U think he is gonna have a say if ARod or Tebow get signed? HAHA

Was one reason why DJ was so happy to leave,they gave him the GM title and then gave him no power
                  Than he needs to go because he serves no purpose. He has been the common thread between all the incompetence for the last 5 or so years.

Comment

• I'm not saying I disagree, fish, but we would have the same problem no matter who was GM as long as Loria is at the top/owns the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Than he needs to go because he serves no purpose. He has been the common thread between all the incompetence for the last 5 or so years.
                      Who are we gonna have answer the phone and go to GM Meetings then? Jeff can't take a week off of his Europe art vacation to be stuck in Nashville or Orlando sitting in meetings and talking baseball.

Mike Hill is nothing but Jeff's mouthpiece who goes to meetings and has a title

Its like Jerry Jones,his title is Owner/GM(makes all the decisions)

Comment

• Stanton out for the season.

Comment

• What surprise Stanton done for the yr.

Comment

• Good seaso.

Should have traded for Stanton replacement at deadline. That's what's happening above?

Comment

• Beef is drunk

Comment

• I missed the n

Comment

Working...
                                X