Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 1 | Braxton Garrett | LHP | Florence HS (AL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm sure you were more plugged into the situation the whole way through, internetguy.

Comment

Groome didn't fall because of signability, he fell mostly due to makeup concerns. The 4 teams picking after Miami passed on him too, and two of those teams took pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        Groome didn't fall because of signability, he fell mostly due to makeup concerns. The 4 teams picking after Miami passed on him too, and two of those teams took pitchers.
        Groome fell because he had a 5 million dollar promise from SD and was telling teams that if they wanted to draft him that is what it would take. Yes he had makeup concerns and the fact he committed to a JC too didn't help BUT the primary reason that the Marlins nor the Tigers jumped on him was the price tag

Its like the Daz Cameron the from LY. Houston was telling him that if he made it to #37 they would promise him 4 million(Top 5 cash) so he was telling teams that is what it would take for him to sign. No one gave him it and he fell to #37 and got 4 million

Even tho not as crazy as it used to be,if teams in the Top 3 play cards(Braves this year and Houston LY) right they can have a nice draft and if they are the Fish they have a draft where they blow all the cash on the first guy. Ahh 2014-Injured,Bust and Injured,Can't hit the ball but no worries he can still be a RB in 2 years when he gets released
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-15-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Groome fell because he had a 5 million dollar promise from SD and was telling teams that if they wanted to draft him that is what it would take. Yes he had makeup concerns and the fact he committed to a JC too didn't help BUT the primary reason that the Marlins nor the Tigers jumped on him was the price tag

Its like the Daz Cameron the from LY. Houston was telling him that if he made it to #37 they would promise him 4 million(Top 5 cash) so he was telling teams that is what it would take for him to sign. No one gave him it and he fell to #37 and got 4 million

Even tho not as crazy as it used to be,if teams in the Top 3 play cards(Braves this year and Houston LY) right they can have a nice draft and if they are the Fish they have a draft where they blow all the cash on the first guy. Ahh 2014-Injured,Bust and Injured,Can't hit the ball but no worries he can still be a RB in 2 years when he gets released
          You have bad intel.

Comment

From ESPN:

That's a front-end starter's profile. Groome has fallen this far because high school pitchers are inherently risky and because teams are concerned about his makeup.
            http://espn.go.com/blog/mlb-draft/insider/post?id=2785

Jim Callis:

There are murmurs of makeup issues that concern clubs, but from a strict talent standpoint, Groome jumps off the board here.
            http://m.mlb.com/news/article/183086...ions-analysis/

Maybe his bonus demands played a factor, but from everything I heard the makeup was as important or more important in his fall. Either way, though, let's assume that him telling teams it would take $5M is what scared them off, what other homework could the Marlins have done? That was the price he set. Would you rather they tried to call his bluff and risk losing him, or take a player that some feel will end up being as good or better when it's all said and done? I am critical of the Marlins when they do stupid things, but I have zero issue with taking Garrett where they did.

Comment

Originally posted by FishTale View Post
              You have bad intel.
              He has no intel, he just reads MLB Trade Rumors and then comes and tries to pass it off as his own inside information.

People call him out on it all the time and no one is really sure who he is trying to impress.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

http://soflamarlins.com/faq.php?faq=...ard_faq#faq_tj

Comment

I didnt know that was a thing.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                      I didnt know that was a thing.
                      Of course its a thing. I post people ignore it and then a week later when its reported by a name guy and posts people act like they had heard it before.

Mentioned we were looking at and in talks with SD about Rodney a week before the trade was made and then Keith Law said it the night before and the thread was made to everyone's amazement

But ya u can peek at my posts just don't tell anyone on the board about it

Comment

Of course its a thing. I post people ignore it and then a week later when its reported by a name guy and posts people act like they had heard it before.

Mentioned we were looking at and in talks with SD about Rodney a week before the trade was made and then Keith Law said it the night before and the thread was made to everyone's amazement

But ya u can peek at my posts just don't tell anyone on the board about it
                        Pretty sure you weren't the first one reporting the Rodney news. Get over yourself.

Comment

Pretty ridiculous we're wasting a half year of possible development for a guy who is considered to be a fast advancing arm. Our handling of pitching prospects is mind boggling.

Comment

I was annoyed by this at first, but I'd need to know the full reasoning for it. Like if this is a Benedict call because they're working on something, I'm totally fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                              I was annoyed by this at first, but I'd need to know the full reasoning for it. Like if this is a Benedict call because they're working on something, I'm totally fine with it.
                              can we stop acting like this guy is some sort of prophet. If he is a good pitcher developer, that's nice, but we need to stop rationalizing every decision as OK just because this guy is in our organization.

Comment

he's kind of good (supposedly)
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X