IFA Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFA Apology

I would like to apology to the FO for getting on their a** for past few years. It looks like they are trying to add talent-Nova is ranked #8 Best IFA prospect.

Saw this from BA

He also explains the interesting case of Dominican infielder Freudis Nova, who lost an apparent ~$2.5MM agreement with the Marlins after testing positive for steroid use. He now appears to be up for grabs, with his landing spot and ultimate bonus uncertain.
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-01-2016, 10:43 AM.

Apology not accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Apology not accepted.
      Said to FO,not idiots on here.

By way DSL Starts Saturday and few new guys already on roster

Comment

That's hurtful.

Comment

I talked to Jeff, he also doesn't accept

Comment

BA has its TOP 50 IFA list

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...dwtl1eFQdHK.97

According to them-SD,Atlanta,Houston,Washington and Philly are expected to sign several of them which means they will likely need some of our IFA cash to spend. Our pool is 3.5 Mil

Comment

MLB takes away prospects who have already signed AND bans a team for wanting to get better and signs prospects,however looks the other way when Jeff keep 75% of his pool in his pocket.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...g8sWxm5Cjop.97

Red Sox just got 5 good prospects taken off their DSL team and can't sign the guys they had agreements with. To make matters,worse for these kids-only a few teams have any cash left and yes the FISH are one of them.

5 guys taken away were OF Albert Guaimaro SS Antonio Pineiro SP Cesar Gonzalez SS Eduardo Torrealba OF Simon Muzziotti. All very young put ALL have talent
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-01-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                MLB takes away prospects who have already signed AND bans a team for wanting to get better and signs prospects,however looks the other way when Jeff keep 75% of his pool in his pocket.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...g8sWxm5Cjop.97

Red Sox just got 5 good prospects taken off their DSL team and can't sign the guys they had agreements with. To make matters,worse for these kids-only a few teams have any cash left and yes the FISH are one of them.

5 guys taken away were OF Albert Guaimaro SS Antonio Pineiro SP Cesar Gonzalez SS Eduardo Torrealba OF Simon Muzziotti. All very young put ALL have talent
                Sounds like MLB is doing things that are pretty messed up.

Comment

Jeff misses on another Cuban. Oakland is signing Lazarito for $3 million

Amazing how we are the only team who can't find a way to spend our cash

We did workout Yuliesky Gurriel tho

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/ins...-4-plus-years/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    Sounds like MLB is doing things that are pretty messed up.

Well when you have a $300k player limit, so you sign 3 guys from the agent for $300k each and almost all the money for 2 of the guys gets funneled to the 1 player you actually want that's pretty clearly violating the rules. Voiding the contracts instead of just slapping them on the wrist, while they get to keep the player they cheated to get, is the correct thing.

Comment

If anyone is interested in what the Fish signed here is a good link

NOTHING!!!!

If a fan of teams who actually spend cash,here are good links for U

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...gScOAzZIOi7.97

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      I would like to apology to the FO for getting on their a** for past few years. It looks like they are trying to add talent-Nova is ranked #8 Best IFA prospect.

Saw this from BA

He also explains the interesting case of Dominican infielder Freudis Nova, who lost an apparent ~$2.5MM agreement with the Marlins after testing positive for steroid use. He now appears to be up for grabs, with his landing spot and ultimate bonus uncertain.
                      Nova signs with Houston for 1.2 mil

Comment

Seeing this always ticks me off. Seeing all of baseball signing top international talent while the Marlins sit back and wait to see whats left after everyone is done and will sign for pennies. Then trading off the allotment they have to spend for organizational filler. They are so cheap on every front it sickens me and makes me wish I was a fan of a different team. Too bad I am a loyal fan who has followed them from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                          Seeing this always ticks me off. Seeing all of baseball signing top international talent while the Marlins sit back and wait to see whats left after everyone is done and will sign for pennies. Then trading off the allotment they have to spend for organizational filler. They are so cheap on every front it sickens me and makes me wish I was a fan of a different team. Too bad I am a loyal fan who has followed them from the beginning.
                          No point in getting worked up-Jeff doesn't believe in spending money and developing 16 yr olds. He prefers to just trade for them eventually so he doesn't have to pay for them. Prospects dont seem to mind SD is cleaning up. Spent 30 million and have gotten 20 High Level Prospects(3 or 4 Cubans with deals waiting to).

What should tick u off is we are losing out on talent to teams who can't even offer more than 300K for guys. TB is cleaning up and they can't go over

Maybe we are waiting for the Boston guys to be declared free to sign? 5 solid prospects and they have beaten up on our DSL team most of the year. Plus Jeff gets a 300K Discount on all of them!!!
                          Last edited by tjfla; 07-02-2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

A Jeff Loria IFA signing

Signed Albert Guaimaro(One of the Red Sox who got taken away) 17 yr old 6'0 200lbs OF who can hit. Well Former OF-we are converting him to C

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...pwLZqei7KSP.97

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2016/ALL

Comment

Another IFA signing Cuban 1B Lazaro Alonso. Left the island in Early 2015 so is about 21 now. Was signed for $100,000

From BA

Alonso, a lefthanded hitter who is around 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, was in the midst of a strong rookie season in Serie Nacional. Entering the season as a 19-year-old, Alonso batted .299/.436/.494 in 110 plate appearances with four home runs, 20 walks and 19 strikeouts. Alonso spent most of his time at DH at first base, along with a bit of time in left field as well. He had started to receive regular playing time in November in December, but since the second half of the season began last month, Alonso had just three plate appearances in 17 games, with veteran William Saavedra logging the majority of the work at first base and Pinar Del Rio using Randy Arozarena as the primary DH.

Alonso played in Cuba’s “Sub-23” league last summer for players age 23 and under and had a loud season at the plate, batting .395/.495/.535 in 104 plate appearances, ranking second in the league in batting average.

- - - - - - - - - -

https://translate.google.com/transla...ml&prev=search

There is an article about him. From sounds/looks of it he is KJ Woods. Had a workout early in the year

No clue why they don't offer every Cuban guy $100,000,maybe a few take the offer and we get some talent. Yadiel Hernandez worked out with him in May,maybe we try to work something out with him as well?? ALOT older tho
                              Last edited by tjfla; 09-11-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X