No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Braves, 5/27-5/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball hit him in the back of the head. Rojas is starting vs the LHP tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Also MLB is absolutely idiotic if they continue to not put netting up all over the stadium from behind home plate till the foul pole or a little before it. There is no rational argument not to. Baseball is too dull and too long of a sport to expect the fans to be 100% engaged in the action the entire time.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, if I'm an MLB player there is 0 chance I'm taking swings in the on deck circle. Its shocking to me Juan Encarnacion is the only guy that has ever been seriously hurt like that.

I got hit in the eye by a line drive, while pitching, when I was 7 and still haven't mentally recovered from that shit. I can't sit too close unless there's a net, freaks me out too much. Usually sit in the outfield since I feel like I have enough time to react.

Amusing side note: the ball had Tony the Tiger on it and I had nightmares with him in them for weeks after and cried when frosted flakes commercials came on.

Comment

Not a line drive but I got hit hard in the head with a pitch in little league. Completely fucked me over and I was always nervous in the batters box after. Even now there's a sinking feeling in me when I go to a batting cage.

And that's only what, like 50 mph? I can't even imagine what a line drive is like. Which is also crazy to me when you have something like Stanton getting hit with a pitch twice the speed and not really having a problem after that. Talk about mental fortitude difference

Comment

Working...
        X